• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home's first ARG called Xi debuts today

Hoverbike races are out today. Reminds me of those arcade games where you sit on a motorcycle and tilt to steer. Also first Home game to use Sixaxis I believe.

Oni Jazar

SuperSonic1305 said:
Hoverbike races are out today. Reminds me of those arcade games where you sit on a motorcycle and tilt to steer. Also first Home game to use Sixaxis I believe.

Hoverbikes were pretty cool.

I'm missing the last butterfly now. Clues are too vague.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The fourth butterfly is out today for all interested. I just looked online for the code to enter into the holopad though.

Cruzader said:
Puzzle has been solved. Props to EU home users who searche all over europe for the billboards.

I just wiki'd that and there's an interesting note in the article

The region around the town is well-known for its high Jess quality Hungarian wines.

Is that even a real sommelier term?

Wollan

April 6th update is live!

bandit2.jpg

bandit3.jpg

bandit1.jpg

Text adventure time! It's really well done retro.
Adventure should take you 30mins to an hour.

Ploid 3.0

DMeisterJ said:
Yeah, it was pretty fun!

I would be more enthusiastic about it, but I don't want to look like I have 'Stockholm Syndrome' LOL.

:lol

I will be trying this later today.

Thrakier

Wollan said:
Yeah, you can directly access those two (and more).
But why wouldn't you want to work on your quest line?

I started on it, found three pieces and after this I was supposed to do some browser stuff...thought that was very boring and started playing Motorstorm 2 again. :)

Septimus

That's all today? I already finished Maximum Tilt and the Text Adventure last week. By invite though, since they were still locked to the public.

agm2502

I really enjoyed the text adventure, I wonder if eventually game spaces will have games on this sort of level, like a Oblivion/Fallout space with a themed text adventure for that game.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Wario64 said:
I guess PS3 owners have nothing to do

Then they have something in common w/ you.

Seeing as you are gracing us with such witty rancor. Rather then say making an impact in your neighborhood.

Or perhaps you could do some charity & lay a lonely elderly woman, who has only had the companionship of the feline variety for 30 yrs.

Thrakier

So what the fuck am I supposed to do? I found those three pieces in the beginning and now I don't have any idea what to do. Also I can't find that textadventure.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Thrakier said:
So what the fuck am I supposed to do? I found those three pieces in the beginning and now I don't have any idea what to do. Also I can't find that textadventure.

The text-adventure is in Alphazone 1, marked with A1. You need to go talk to the robot to get missions, and figure out how to get butterflies.

Here is a link to all the answers and shit you have to do, if you don't care about trying to figure it out on your own.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=homexi&thread.id=2621

Darkpen

Banned
Okay, so I started playing Xi, but I have a question:

Back when I originally tried to start Xi, I got some sort of error. Today, when I loaded it again and automatically entered the hub, I wasn't presented w/ the cutscene, or the voice, and just walked around, tried tinkering with the web portal thing, and whatnot.

Something to note was that the giant barrier with Xi on it wasn't there, nor was Stapler's model.

And being the fool I am, I chose not to see what was beyond that black abyss that's now blocked by the giant wall.

Did I just miss a giant freaking opportunity to see something cool, or do you get to go past that after some point?

I didn't know it was technically supposed to be blocked off when I went and found the panel where you can cancel your Xi progression, and now I'll never know :(

Unless someone else experienced the same thing and youtubed it...

Wollan

They only upload the spaces right before they are about to be accessed by the public.

In other words, the door 'link' would only give you an error in this case because the space does not exist yet on the server.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Darkpen said:
Okay, so I started playing Xi, but I have a question:

Back when I originally tried to start Xi, I got some sort of error. Today, when I loaded it again and automatically entered the hub, I wasn't presented w/ the cutscene, or the voice, and just walked around, tried tinkering with the web portal thing, and whatnot.

Something to note was that the giant barrier with Xi on it wasn't there, nor was Stapler's model.

And being the fool I am, I chose not to see what was beyond that black abyss that's now blocked by the giant wall.

Did I just miss a giant freaking opportunity to see something cool, or do you get to go past that after some point?

I didn't know it was technically supposed to be blocked off when I went and found the panel where you can cancel your Xi progression, and now I'll never know :(

Unless someone else experienced the same thing and youtubed it...

Next ot the entrance, there is a panel you can use to deactivate. This resets Xi so you can see it from scratch if you exit/reenter.

Wollan

New Stapler expedition today.

All the Alphazone 1 games have now gained Expert modes and you need to beat them.
There's a new harder text adventure as well I think but I haven't checked it out yet.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wollan said:
New Stapler expedition today.

All the Alphazone 1 games have now gained Expert modes and you need to beat them.
There's a new harder text adventure as well I think but I haven't checked it out yet.

So what happens when you beat expert?

DMeisterJ

Banned
If you beat expert on all 3 AlphaZone 1 games, you get a butterfly.

And there is a new fragment available on Miguel's website which has something to do with a birthday or something or other.

Septimus

Haha wow the new text adventure Corrupted, is pretty awesome and a bit harder than the first. It took me three tries to finish it. Maximum Tilt on expert took me like 10 tries to complete it. :lol

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
KiNeSiS said:
Then they have something in common w/ you.

Seeing as you are gracing us with such witty rancor. Rather then say making an impact in your neighborhood.

Or perhaps you could do some charity & lay a lonely elderly woman, who has only had the companionship of the feline variety for 30 yrs.

:lol

Wollan

Go to the Hexopolis area. You must enter the Maximum-Tilt/Adventure spaces via that hallway/doors so you can choose difficulty.

PS! Yesterdays Miquel.Blog quest earns you a Xi t-shirt.

Wollan

New Xi space today.
The manhole in Home Square has opened.

I don't think the NA space has been updated because the Hub ticker message seems to acknowledge something about this for North American players. I haven't personally checked it out though.

Anyways, the new space has a puzzle that needs to be solved. It's straight forward but still pretty cool that they implemented that functionality into a quest.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Quick question to those that started playing Xi after it actually launched.

After you got past the initiation, did you get all the next puzzles/areas available rightaway or were they unlocked as you progressed?

Cruzader

Banned
TTP said:
Quick question to those that started playing Xi after it actually launched.

After you got past the initiation, did you get all the next puzzles/areas available rightaway or were they unlocked as you progressed?

Its a bug that occurs to certain ppls. You're not supposed to get anything when you start. There was a guy who got everything with said bug but coudnt finish the Xi quest.

Wollan

This week has been thin on content. Hard puzzle today but nothing fancy.
Seems likely that AlphaZone 2 will open up soon which should be cool (and where does the elevators go?).

The arg is one month old today, definitely seems like there's enough objectives to go for another month.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wollan said:
This week has been thin on content. Hard puzzle today but nothing fancy.
Seems likely that AlphaZone 2 will open up soon which should be cool (and where does the elevators go?).

The arg is one month old today, definitely seems like there's enough objectives to go for another month.

We've got like seventeen fragments and twelve butterflies to go... I thought that they would have it finished by E3 and have something to do with E3, but they'd need to really pick up the pace here. Sony's Conference is in five weeks and six days, so 41 days for another 29 missions... I guess if we get one a day until their conference, that could happen... But it'll likely happen a little after E3 is over.

Ephemeris

Took quite an interesting turn today. 2nd password for the Veilcorp site was leaked and as the saying goes: the plot thickens. Love the maze stuff in Alpha Zone 3.

Hmm. E3 does start next week... if they REALLY wanted to I suppose they could finish by then, but I doubt it.

Wollan

Seems like tomorrow or the following day is when the secret of Xi is revealed.
I have 20 out of 20 butterflies and 23 out of 24 fragments.

If we get and solve fragment 24 tomorrow the Xi portal will open. If you've been following XI you should probably make sure you're up to date if there's some kind of reward or something.

• XI UK Forums
• XI US Forums

Don

I kind of stopped paying attention to XI around halfway through because of my exams and then felt like I fell too far behind. Maybe I should try and catch up again before it ends.

Wollan

People are saying that the actual Xi space won't be uploaded before after the weekly downtime (Thursday) which seems logical.

Oni Jazar

Hopefully the reward is worth it because there have certainly been an insane amount of challenges.

I loved the mazes though, and all the games of Alpha Zone 1. Xi is doing a lot of cool stuff that people aren't noticing.

Wollan

It's an internal story in the Arg.

What Xi is though remains a secret, could be anything.
A firm named Veilcorp is after Xi (which seemingly Jess made?) and a lot of internal intrigue has been going on and betrayals..etc. Jess is still on the run.

The whole arg is cool because it creates a fictional lore about Home itself.

Wollan

The last fragment is out.
It's easy enough for a single person to solve, I did it fast enough.

Yes, I have completed Xi.
Don't look for guidance or info about what the end is, must be experienced personally.

Top Bottom