• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix commits to PSN Game Archives..... starting TODAY (Japan)

duckroll

Notice: This is not the weekly Japanese thread, do not post unrelated news in here please.

Square Enix has announced in this month's Dengeki Playstation due out on Friday that they are committing to releasing their classics on PSN. Starting TODAY (25th June), they will release Xenogears and Einhander on PSN, for 600yen each. There are 12 key titles that they plan on releasing on Game Archives, starting with Xenogears. There isn't a clean full scan of the interview yet, so this is all I know right now to be 100% accurate. Discuss. :D

Edit: The following titles are coming out TODAY, at 600yen each. They're all under the S-E label.

Xenogears (Square)
Einhander (Square)
Astronoka (Enix)
Rakugaki Showtime (Enix)
Raystorm (Taito)
Fighters Impact (Taito)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Are these going to be PSP doable as well? (Are all? I haven't really ever booted PSN up for many good reasons.)

Also, I need to figure out the damn conbini PSN point thing.

Mrbob

Holy shit if SCEA does not bring these titles to the USA in a reasonable fashion we need to go after them.

Holtz

duckroll said:
Notice: This is not the weekly Japanese thread, do not post unrelated news in here please.

Square Enix has announced in this month's Dengeki Playstation due out on Friday that they are committing to releasing their classics on PSN. Starting TODAY (25th June), they will release Xenogears and Einhander on PSN, for 600yen each. There are 12 key titles that they plan on releasing on Game Archives, starting with Xenogears. There isn't a clean full scan of the interview yet, so this is all I know right now to be 100% accurate. Discuss. :D
HOLY SHIT!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Why are people acting like this is something amazing? It's nice and all, but not orgasm worthy.

Ydahs

Holy shit! Just when I was planning to start Xenogears. Hope it's out on AU PS3 by the time I buy one.

Next, SE games on VC and Wiiware. Bring on Chrono Trigger!

Mrbob

Red Blaster said:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I think of the chances these will appear on the American store.

We'll probably never see them.

It pisses me off that SCEA is ignoring their past.

PS1 classics on PSN could be a gold mine like classic titles are on the Wii.

fernoca

:O!
Both games for under $20!!

The thing is...when (if) we'll see them outside Japan..
Seeing how SCEA has nearly abandoned PSOne Classics..

RevenantKioku said:
Why are people acting like this is something amazing? It's nice and all, but not orgasm worthy.

Squeenix has snubbed the digital download market up to this point. Just look at the VC.

That's why this is a megaton.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
that's more like it!

I have the games already but yeah, i'll probably reget Einhander so it's on the drive and handily playable. I wish we could install our PS1 games to the HDD (IRONY BUSTER MAX !)

Awntawn

RevenantKioku said:
Personal interest for me. There are a lot of classic games I've missed like Xenogears, and around $6 a pop is a great place to start ;D

I'm gonna need some of them JP PSN cards, STAT 3;

Dragon

Banned
Awntawn said:
Personal interest for me. There are a lot of classic games I've missed like Xenogears, and around $6 a pop is a great place to start ;D

You just know they're going to be overpriced somehow.

If these come to the states, time to get a bigger HDD.

RevenantKioku

Awntawn said:

I'm gonna need some of them JP PSN cards, STAT 3;
It's just no surprise. I mean, it's cool we got decent stuff instead of dogshit like Ehrgheiz or Vagrant Story, but the way people are acting here you'd think FF7 got remade.

duckroll said:

EINHANDER?!?!?!?!

Holy shit... must get. Quick, what's the best way to get JP PSN points ASAP?

if SCEA doesnt bring these SE titles to the US PSN, i will hate them forever (or at least until FFXIII comes out)

any chance the HK store will have the english versions?

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Squeenix has snubbed the digital download market up to this point. Just look at the VC.

That's why this is a megaton.

Seems to me like an indication they're not interested in porting/remaking their PS1 titles.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I want some of these fucking game for the US! Dammit my copies of Front Mission 3 and Xenogears are shit now! COME ON SQUARE!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
TheBranca18 said:
You just know they're going to be overpriced somehow.

If these come to the states, time to get a bigger HDD.
don't worry, they won't.

[/pessimism]

Great news. Squeenix VC support plz. I need perfect versions of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy 6.

Looking forward for Brave Fencer and the Bushido Blade games.

Jonnyram

Awntawn said:
You missed Xenogears? o_O
No excuse for that!

Cruzader

Banned
Oh shit this is Sick!!

Also yes PSN PS1 games means they are both PS3/PSP compatible. Now SCEA better say something about this soon(maybe E3), SE PS1 games are great and should be made avialble on the US PStore.

ianp622

It seems like every chance Square Enix gets to make loads of money, they miss it. I'm hoping they don't do it again by not doing this for the US.

RobertM

Out of all the companies that release PSN games, I would never have guessed Square would be one of them considering their remake bonanza.

Top Bottom