• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon Diver (Necromachina) [SQEX/Feel Plus/XBLA,PSN]

duckroll

I wish this was 1-2 players instead. Making it a 4 player game seems way too crowded. It looks less fun and just messy and silly. :/

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
duckroll said:
I wish this was 1-2 players instead. Making it a 4 player game seems way too crowded. It looks less fun and just messy and silly. :/

Well that is why they made them power rangers, so you can identify them faster! :lol

neo2046

duckroll said:
duckroll,

can you help me to edit the title to "Moon Diver (Necromachina) [SQEX/Feel Plus/XBLA,PSN] "
thanks a lot

duckroll

Pinko Marx said:
How is messy and silly NOT fun?

If it's a silly party game or a fighting action game sure. But this is a platforming action game. If it's going to be just messy and silly for multiplayer, then I'm not interested at all. If it's a well designed and well balanced platformer then I'm in. Judging from the trailer, I'll be passing.

I'd have to imagine there's a two player option. Unless it's four players at all times and the other three are AI in single player. Seems unlikely though.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
HadesGigas said:
I'd have to imagine there's a two player option. Unless it's four players at all times and the other three are AI in single player. Seems unlikely though.
That'd kill my interest in the game immediately.

klee123

duckroll said:
Guess you thought wrong!

Lol, well obviously, but it was listed as an XBLA only game on this week's famitsu.

To be honest, it looks............ok. I would have preferred it if it was a straight up old school platformer without the 4 player coop

duckroll

Loudninja said:
So you cant play with 1 or 2 players?

Depends on how the game is designed. Lots of these 4 player games aren't very fun in single player at all. Castle Crashers is a great example of why I dislike these sort of "party action games" which is more about a bunch of friends getting together to just mess around and have laughs. Nothing against the genre, it's just not for me.

Loudninja

duckroll said:
Depends on how the game is designed. Lots of these 4 player games aren't very fun in single player at all. Castle Crashers is a great example of why I dislike these sort of "party action games" which is more about a bunch of friends getting together to just mess around and have laughs. Nothing against the genre, it's just not for me.
Oh ok I see what you are saying now.

duckroll

AndriaSang said:
Really strange... the Famitsu article only listed XLA.

Yeah, especially since if it's multiplatform, you would think they would push PSN more in Japan of all places. But stranger things have happened! :lol

Looks chaotic, but potentially fun. I guess that this is the secret Feel+ project? Was sort of hoping for another RPG for HD consoles, but still cool.

Don't like flashy intro or character designs but the environments look nice and the gameplay seems fun.

Hopefully there is a demo.

Enk

makes good threads.
I like what I see very much, but I agree that 4 players on the screen in this kind of game may be a bit much for my tastes. Looking forward to grabbing this.

duckroll

The character designer of the game is Roberto Ferrari. It seems he's a S-E employee who worked as an art designer for The Last Remnant. Pretty cool to see a westerner working in a JP company doing character designs for a JP developed game!

c20100610_sqex_04_cs1w1_600x720.jpg

Ravidrath

This looks quite solid and, like... actually high-budget?

After Greekmeatsandwichwizard and Death by PSoneGraphics, I thought Square had no idea what it was doing in the downloadable space.

RiverBed

Banned
duckroll said:
The character designer of the game is Roberto Ferrari. It seems he's a S-E employee who worked as an art designer for The Last Remnant. Pretty cool to see a westerner working in a JP company doing character designs for a JP developed game!

c20100610_sqex_04_cs1w1_600x720.jpg
If that is true, then this is the very first time for me to see a Westerner with Japanese manga designs that fooled me.
I am impressed.

Luigiv

Is it just me or is the green one wearing Diablos Armour?

I should probably play less Monster Hunter. Oh well.

Alex

We cleared all of Castle Crashers with just two people, it was great fun. Hard mode was pretty darn challenging.

But I do agree with Duckroll that in a lot of cases, four players for some of these games is just chaos and thus very annoying. Honestly, I don't even like to play Monster Hunter with four players.

So I will buy this, and play it with two people.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any still pics? YouTube isn't working for me

I like it, reminds me a little of the Capcom D&D brawlers.

Which desperately need a rerelease via some downloadable service. Best beat 'em ups, EVER.

Raide

When the footage kicked in, I thought it was a Smash Brawl style game. :lol Co-op Strider sounds pretty awesome to me. It looks really nice as well.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It looks like what would happen if you put Smash Bothers, Strider and Little Big Planet into a blender.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Want so much. Although it can end up Hard Corps or this for me.

Top Bottom