• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

SamuraiX-

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS (SEE BELOW)

The Walking Dead returns with the highly anticipated final eight episodes of the show's seventh season beginning Sunday, February 12th at 9/8c.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Negan brutally forced Rick and the group to fall under his will in the first half of Season 7, and now Rick understands that Negan cannot be reasoned with, and that he and his group have to prepare to go to war. The second half of Season 7 is about getting ready to take Negan down once and for all. Victory will require more than just the supplies and numbers in Alexandria, and while in pursuit of more weapons, food and new fighters, Rick and the group will be tested in ways we've never seen before. They'll explore a world that is much bigger than anything they've encountered. The group will rise up and band together, but nothing can prepare them for all-out battle with Negan and his army.

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lennie James, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Sonequa Martin-Green, Michael Cudlitz, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt, Seth Gilliam, Ross Marquand, Tovah Feldshuh, Alexandra Breckenridge, and Austin Nichols. The series is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Tom Luse and Greg Nicotero.

qNZDkwE.png

Previously Aired Episodes: Details of already aired episodes may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags.

Previews, Promos & Sneak Peeks: Spoiler tag all discussion related to content that is associated with episodes that have not yet aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed content belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

8WlJO8D.png

op8wyA3.png

SqZetrb.png

Trailers
Features
Fan Tributes
Season Recaps

I5zyPW5.png

gGKTSEw.png

BpHZnzF.gif
oSUSoJy.gif
zrOTLlc.gif

6TVAjt3.gif
Awe8Ypp.gif
D1my81z.gif

hn9nC2A.gif
x17pHOh.gif

bp1Epsu.gif
Whjk0BL.gif

AsaXsp9.gif
fbuiuwl.gif
Gbw8HTE.gif

sinkfla87

Wonderful OT! Not much longer now. Sundays have been ultra boring since this show went on break. I mean, there's Homeland again now but I can't continue watching it for what they did to Quinn lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I still have not checked that show out. Is it really that good? Me and my fiancee have been binge watching The Americans and are on the season finale of season 2. Once that is over we need a new show lol.

Yes. Season one is a bit of a miss, but stick with it because it gets so much better!

sinkfla87

Yes. Season one is a bit of a miss, but stick with it because it gets so much better!

Will do, thanks for the recommendation! For some reason I was getting that confused with the show made by the creator of Sons of Anarchy and that's probably why I haven't given it a shot yet hahaha.

As for Walking Dead, I hope we get to see
Dwight's turn this season. I feel like they've set up for it but with all the bad shit he's helped Negan do, I'm curious if they even go that route at all.

Comic spoiler above.

UberTag

Let's revisit how our Alexandria homeys are doing as we approach the 2-year anniversary of Rick's crew moving in and taking over... as since the last time I did this tally, Olivia got shot in the face, Spencer got disemboweled and Heath went missing so he could kill terrorists on 24.

This is who's left from the Alexandria locals who welcomed Rick and his crew into their little town with open arms...

We have Aaron and his boyfriend Eric. They had Daryl over for spaghetti dinner one time. Eric used to be a recruiter as well until Daryl took over his gig full-time.

Tobin ran the construction crew until Abe took over. I guess he's got that job back now if he wants it. He had a fling with Carol before she went AWOL because her own shadow freaked her out.

Bruce, Francine and Jake are also part of the construction crew. Abe saved Francine's life when they got swarmed by walkers and Tobin bailed to save his own skin.

Carl's girlfriend, Enid. She likes to wander off and eat turtle.

Scott was part of Heath's supply runner crew until he got hurt when the walker horde descended upon the city.

These people also like to loiter around Alexandria. We assume they're residents but who really knows. They could just be waiting around to get autographs.
We're down to the Final 12. Who will wind up as the last survivor? My money's on Bob. Oh yes... that old dude is also called Bob. Walking Dead can't ever have enough Bobs.

daffy

Banned
Still in the Season 6 ghetto. My will is weak and I don't think I can survive these dry ass episodes. Thinking about shelving the whole thing. Hopefully the half season hype lights a fire under me

Back for the next half - very little hype at all. The first time I can say that about Walking Dead.

At this stage I'm watching it simply out of habit and the fact that I've watched it this long to start with.

Fingers crossed it can be as good as it once was (imo anyway). It's not bad by any stretch, it's arguably still my favourite thing on TV right now, it's just had a boring fast half of the season.

I'm convinced more than half of GAF loves to hatewatch this show. I don't find it particularly great but it's always very entertaining at least. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Social

awww yea, my fav soap opera ft. zombies! Quite liked this season so far, if not taken serious at least. Excited to see the rest.

sinkfla87

I'm convinced more than half of GAF loves to hatewatch this show. I don't find it particularly great but it's always very entertaining at least. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

I really don't understand how this is a hatewatch show to some. I mean, I understand it being an obligatorybecauseivebeenwatchingsinceday1watch but hatewatch? When WD is bad, it's just slow and boring and not particularly funny in a bad way. Not like some other shows on TV. (Cough the following cough)

bidguy

Banned
Let's revisit how our Alexandria homeys are doing as we approach the 2-year anniversary of Rick's crew moving in and taking over... as since the last time I did this tally, Olivia got shot in the face, Spencer got disemboweled and Heath went missing so he could kill terrorists on 24.

We're down to the Final 12. Who will wind up as the last survivor? My money's on Bob. Oh yes... that old dude is also called Bob. Walking Dead can't ever have enough Bobs.

the police guy from grady memorial was also called bob lol

RangerX

Banned
I'll be watching but they really need to have some endgame in sight. or at least have some kind of goal beyond just survive. Its the same dramatic cycle over and over again at this point. Also Negan's schtick was getting old towards the end.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'll be watching but they really need to have some endgame in sight. or at least have some kind of goal beyond just survive. Its the same dramatic cycle over and over again at this point. Also Negan's schtick was getting old towards the end.

It's a zombie show based on the idea, what if the zombie movie continued after the credits. The only goal of the show is to survive and they won't start moving towards an ending until either the creator feels like it or the ratings start to plummet.

She has a name!
getimage.php

5taquitos

The first half of this season was when I finally stopped actively watching. It's just so fucking lame now.

The fakeouts last season were almost enough to put me off, but I stopped completely after three episodes of this season.

Maybe I'll go back through the whole season once it's finished or if word of mouth says that it gets significantly better again.

pitchfork

Think we'll drawing a big red X over
Sasha - actress is now a confirmed lead in the new Star Trek

Looking forward to more Negan brutality. Fuck the critics

dustyherb

This show has no purpose anymore. I just want everyone to die in one big bloody fight.
Yes it does. It's about building a future now and trying to bring back civilization. I mean fuck the Alexandrians trying to establish trade with The Hilltop is what caused all this shit with The Saviors. Imagine what all these communities and people could be doing if they worked together and weren't dealing with the fucking saviors.
I'm sure you'll get your fill of deaths if all these communities decide to fight. Or maybe not since you want everyone to die lol.

I'll watch it, but I was really disinterested with the first half of the season. I went from somebody who watched the show every night to watching it the next day or a few days later.

Top Bottom