• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sooo.. that "rape joke" during the Killer Instinct demo [Microsoft apologizes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minions

Don't really see it as a rape joke, but agree to disagree. I've had doctors tell me "it will be over soon" when giving me shots when I was younger (that i fucking hate)

arab

i'm pretty sure if i were physially raping someone, i wouldn't say "don't worry it'll be over soon"

vazel

Banned
yea, I was like
ugh-lol.gif
. real mature microsoft.

rikichi

what rape joke? i didnt hear no rape joke. and im sure the majority of people didnt hear it either.

dont make any assumptions.

shaowebb

The sound bite of "No I dont like this." is going to crop up soooooooo much, but the "Just let it happen it'll be all over soon" soundbite is way more easily applied to the Xbox One DRM. Predicting frequent usage of it.

It was awkward as hell mainly because I knew somebody would construe it as a rape joke. It wasn't, by the way. He was clearly referring to his opponent's free nature.

DedValve

Banned
Didn't she proceed to kick his ass the next round? The fighting was so obviously staged, he winds round 1, she wins round 2.

Inb4lolkota--goddamnit.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Don't really see it as a rape joke, but agree to disagree. I've had doctors tell me "it will be over soon" when giving me shots when I was younger (that i fucking hate)

This. Its something I might say to my dog, who hates having her fur brushed.

Elija2

I think it was just a poor choice of words. I don't think it was scripted and I'm sure he regretted saying it immediately after.

I'm not sure I'd consider that a rape joke, but either way

man

that banter was so awkward. It was really hard to tell what was scripted and what wasn't - "does this nerd even have many friends?" and this whole exchange made me want to melt into the floor.

marrec

Banned
Poor choice of words, but I don't think the guy was going for a rapey vibe. Equality means not ascribing intentions into words just because it's a guy saying it to a girl...

There's plenty of legitimate things to trash Microsoft's conference for. This is not one of them. This is awkward trash talk taken out of context for the benefit of YouTube views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom