• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT2| You're thinking how much you want to **** this game aren't you?

You can get a 2B sticker from the current Steam sale.

aaJYwsV.png

(It doesn't do anything. It's just a random collectible for completing these pictures.)

Hylian7

I got ending C last night, thoughts below:
First off, from what I understand, the Nier/Drakenguard games in the past had great story, but mediocre gameplay. I feel like Automata knocked it out of the park with the gameplay. I agree it definitely isn't as good as combat in some of Platinum's other games, but with the options chips give you (such as literally having Bayonetta Witch Time), it is still pretty great and up to Platinum quality. I absolutely loved the switching between the two bosses, with one minor complaint. I beat the boss for 9S pretty quickly, but A2's kept hiding under the platform and it always took me a few switches to be able to actually damage it other than the arms.

Onto the story, I can say it makes me think of 2B (or 2E rather) in a very different way. I really didn't see that one coming, and it explains so much about her character and her actions. She was responsible for three of 9S's deaths. I hope we get to learn more about 2B, but unless we see time travel or going back to before she died, it doesn't seem like we will.
I also want to learn more about A2's backstory, and what made her initially defect from YorHa.

Learning they were all disposable was crazy too, which makes me curious about more of YorHa's motives. I guess the next logical move for me is to go back and choose 9S instead of A2. I hope the chapter select lets me jump closer to the choice between then.

I really love this game so far, and am excited to learn what else it has in store.

HardRojo

I got ending C last night, thoughts below:
First off, from what I understand, the Nier/Drakenguard games in the past had great story, but mediocre gameplay. I feel like Automata knocked it out of the park with the gameplay. I agree it definitely isn't as good as combat in some of Platinum's other games, but with the options chips give you (such as literally having Bayonetta Witch Time), it is still pretty great and up to Platinum quality. I absolutely loved the switching between the two bosses, with one minor complaint. I beat the boss for 9S pretty quickly, but A2's kept hiding under the platform and it always took me a few switches to be able to actually damage it other than the arms.

Onto the story, I can say it makes me think of 2B (or 2E rather) in a very different way. I really didn't see that one coming, and it explains so much about her character and her actions. She was responsible for three of 9S's deaths. I hope we get to learn more about 2B, but unless we see time travel or going back to before she died, it doesn't seem like we will.
I also want to learn more about A2's backstory, and what made her initially defect from YorHa.

Learning they were all disposable was crazy too, which makes me curious about more of YorHa's motives. I guess the next logical move for me is to go back and choose 9S instead of A2. I hope the chapter select lets me jump closer to the choice between then.

I really love this game so far, and am excited to learn what else it has in store.

You can
jump right before the choice, I don't remember which chapter it is exactly but you should be able to instantly tell from the menu. Sit tight.

Hylian7

You can
jump right before the choice, I don't remember which chapter it is exactly but you should be able to instantly tell from the menu. Sit tight.

Thanks, I did that.

I just finished Ending E. Off to the spoiler thread for me. Jesus christ.

1upsuper

I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never beat the special rank
in the oceanside coliseum, despite beating the other two special ranks. This shit just kills my wrist. Guess I'll never get the level-down fruit. :/ But I did do well enough to get every accessory including both sets of hair colors.

Still one of the GOATs though. In other news, the OST + bonus CD arrived a few days ago. Does Amazon JP ship anything besides games outside Japan yet, without needing a forwarding service? I wanna get the Automata books and stuff.

After a very long hiatus, I finally finished ending A

Is there a plot description available somewhere only for A that won't spoil the rest of the endings for me? A lot of the stuff going on with Adam/Eve I seem to have missed.

Golnei

After a very long hiatus, I finally finished ending A

Is there a plot description available somewhere only for A that won't spoil the rest of the endings for me? A lot of the stuff going on with Adam/Eve I seem to have missed.

Route B goes over similar ground with
additional explanatory scenes which cover them to some extent
, so you might want to consider playing through that and seeing if it helps clarify things before looking for additional material.

Someone in the SA LP for Automata claims that if you leave Machine Examination Part 2 incomplete for a while,
Engels may play a prank on you by starting a fake fight as you run past.

Has anyone ever managed to trigger this.

HardRojo

Almost done with the Platinum.
I only need the weapons upgraded trophy and the endings one along with SPOILER
Emil's battle.
I want to get 100% Unit data and I believe I'm only missing the battle from the spoiler above. It's been a wild ride and it's soon coming to an end.

Almost done with the Platinum.
I only need the weapons upgraded trophy and the endings one along with SPOILER
Emil's battle.
I want to get 100% Unit data and I believe I'm only missing the battle from the spoiler above. It's been a wild ride and it's soon coming to an end.

If you played (or are familiar with the) previous Nier, prepare to cry.

dralla

Hullo, I finished scenario B last night and I skipped the credits. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything?
It let me control 9S while the credits were rolling. 2B gave me some items and then a preview video played for what I think will be scenario C.
I was going to YouTube it just to make sure but didn't want to inadvertently get spoiled.

LotusHD

Banned
Hullo, I finished scenario B last night and I skipped the credits. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything?
It let me control 9S while the credits were rolling. 2B gave me some items and then a preview video played for what I think will be scenario C.
I was going to YouTube it just to make sure but didn't want to inadvertently get spoiled.

You're good.

NEO0MJ

Just bough this for steam and was wondering, what's the difference between the first two normal swords you can buy? The beast seems better with higher damage and a longer combo so why is the other more expensive?

dralla

Just bough this for steam and was wondering, what's the difference between the first two normal swords you can buy? The beast seems better with higher damage and a longer combo so why is the other more expensive?

Different weapons have different passive abilities once you upgrade then. Money is given out pretty generously so I'd go ahead and buy all the weapons you can.

Is this a different concert from the one Square Enix has on their store?

That concert was from last year and had just a couple of previews from Automata.

This concert is from last month and is all Automata except the encore.

I expect this concert to be up on the Square Enix store eventually as well (at an unfavorable price conversion).

Hektor

That concert was from last year and had just a couple of previews from Automata.

This concert is from last month and is all Automata except the encore.

I expect this concert to be up on the Square Enix store eventually as well (at an unfavorable price conversion).

Also don't expect english subs, if last years concert blue-ray is anything to go by

Ricker

So I finished route C and thats pretty fine by me...maybe I will select chapter for the other ''choice'' at the end of C but as far as sidequest and all the endings,I probably wont bother...played close to 60 hours,level 60 now and I had a blast...talked to my nephew this weekend who platinumed the game and asked him to spoil a few sidequest for me anyway hehe...

LotusHD

Banned
So I finshed route C and thats pretty fine by me...maybe I will select chapter for the other ''choice'' at the end of C but as far as sidequest and all the endings,I probably wont bother...played close to 60 hours,level 60 now and I had a blast...talked to my nephew this weekend who platinumed the game and asked him to spoil a few sidequest for me anyway hehe...

You're actually almost done though...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I finshed route C and thats pretty fine by me...maybe I will select chapter for the other ''choice'' at the end of C but as far as sidequest and all the endings,I probably wont bother...played close to 60 hours,level 60 now and I had a blast...talked to my nephew this weekend who platinumed the game and asked him to spoil a few sidequest for me anyway hehe...

D & E are part of the main route and 30 mins, tops.

Just finished upgrading every weapon to level 4, now I'm thirsting for a bloody palace mode. Is that what the DLC will give me? It sounds like it is, but I can't find any definitive answers online.

Is at least one of the colosseums replayable and still challenging at level 99? Can I use any character for the hardest one, or is it tied to a specific character?

Just finished upgrading every weapon to level 4, now I'm thirsting for a bloody palace mode. Is that what the DLC will give me? It sounds like it is, but I can't find any definitive answers online.

Is at least one of the colosseums replayable and still challenging at level 99? Can I use any character for the hardest one, or is it tied to a specific character?
Unfortunately the DLC won't give you that. They honestly are better to own for people who havent yet cleared the game as they have ladder style difficulty based on level starting at like level 15.

The second highest level version was a lot of fun, but still not challenging. The highest levels are just bullshit difficulty. Die in 1 hit from any poke.

Unfortunately the DLC won't give you that. They honestly are better to own for people who havent yet cleared the game as they have ladder style difficulty based on level starting at like level 15.

The second highest level version was a lot of fun, but still not challenging. The highest levels are just bullshit difficulty. Die in 1 hit from any poke.

Ah, that last part doesn't sound fun.

How about the level-down potions? Is using those to lower your level, then treating the second hardest colosseum as a bloody palace type thing a viable idea?

I know
debug
mode also exists, but would much prefer a mode/colosseum I could enter and have waves thrown at me.

Vic_Viper

How do I unlock the "Find a Present" Side quest? Its the quest needed for the Type-40 weapon. Something about taking a picture of a Desert Rose.

I just did the Report on A2 main story quest and then transported to the City Ruins and Operator 6O said something about finding a pretty flower but I dont think it was the Desert Rose and nothing appeared in my quests or Inbox. Anyone know what I should be doing?

Edit: I figured it out finally, thanks tho!

Meier

Wow. Just died to that double buzzsaw boss at the beginning and it makes you do the full 36 minutes over again? That's supremely obnoxious. Do I get to keep my levels so I'm stronger at least?

LotusHD

Banned
Wow. Just died to that double buzzsaw boss at the beginning and it makes you do the full 36 minutes over again? That's supremely obnoxious. Do I get to keep my levels so I'm stronger at least?

Nope! Put it on Easy/Normal if you haven't already, and get through it quickly, then you can save normally.

Top Bottom