• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

where's the ed fanart tho

gotchu fam

tumblr_opkywfFlqr1tofxt5o1_1280.png

Call me when costume packs are $15 old or new. This doesn't even include DLC character battle outfits.

To be fair, i've gotten every battle costume for the DLC chars thanks to just buying the character passes. It is still shit that the OG 16 got shafted from such a bundle until way later. I'll wait until its 15.

MCD250

Ed is apparently considered the next sexy SF man so a lot of folks on Twitter and Tumblr have started working early.

Practice for..
[ ] Sagat
[ ] Makoto
[ ] Sakura
[ ] Honda
[ ] Blanka
[ ] Maki

?

lol I mean, its mostly just practicing cause Pad seems to be the way the FGC is going to go in the future, with multiple devs now focusing on pad controls over stick in order to promote adoption by a wider audience.

But at least 3 of those boxes should be checked off :p

lol I mean, its mostly just practicing cause Pad seems to be the way the FGC is going to go in the future, with multiple devs now focusing on pad controls over stick in order to promote adoption by a wider audience.

LEAK BOYZ

Sagat
Sakura
Honda or Makoto

Ganyc

i hope not, i like playing on sticks :(

yay for Sakura, Makoto and Sagat :D

XenoRaven

Makoto was made for this game.

Slow walk speed
stubby normals
-2 on forward moving special
tons of 50/50s
Command grab
Corner carry
Power up ability for V-Trigger

Just make her V-Skill something that completely negates fireballs and the neutral game and you have the perfect character.

i hope not, i like playing on sticks :(

I get you do man, but its an unfortunately necessary band-aid that needs to be remoced. The fact that Street Fighter was sorta the biggest/last bastion for such wide-spread stick adoption, and right now so many of the most dominant players are on pad, is signaling the input format's imminent demise.

Games like injustice, MK, & Smash have been designed for pad for several entries, and several other JP developed fighting games have been just as suited for pad use over stick use, like Tekken or GG or w/e else.

I do feel that the perception that you couldn't be competitive unless you were playing on stick is something that has helped establish this barrier to fighting games. I think its okay to finally retire them.

Makoto's V-Skill would be a chargable Orochi that negates fireballs on impact but is -8 on block unless fully charged, making it useless as an oki tool

Sayad

Makoto was made for this game.

Slow walk speed
stubby normals
-2 on forward moving special
tons of 50/50s
AKA why Makoto doesn't need to be in SFV, she wouldn't bring much to the table in a game where everyone have you in danger of being stun after one confirm.

Edzi

I get you do man, but its an unfortunately necessary band-aid that needs to be remoced. The fact that Street Fighter was sorta the biggest/last bastion for such wide-spread stick adoption, and right now so many of the most dominant players are on pad, is signaling the input format's imminent demise.

Games like injustice, MK, & Smash have been designed for pad for several entries, and several other JP developed fighting games have been just as suited for pad use over stick use, like Tekken or GG or w/e else.

I do feel that the perception that you couldn't be competitive unless you were playing on stick is something that has helped establish this barrier to fighting games. I think its okay to finally retire them.

Not sure I agree. I can't see a character like Ed being easier on pad over stick, and I think there are plenty of people like me who just find fighters on pad straight up uncomfortable.

I'll always play on a stick. Making things easier for pad players isn't making it less convenient on a stick.

Truth
Not sure I agree. I can't see a character like Ed being easier on pad over stick, and I think there are plenty of people like me who just find fighters on pad straight up uncomfortable.

I dunno, I think if players like Smug can play Rog on pad, then Ed on pad is gonna be just fine. Its an input format, so I imagine people who have been playing more on stick throughout the years are going to prefer playing on stick. But it doesn't seem like there is a tradeoff on designing towards pad play instead of stick.

Skilletor

Yeah, the way I hold the pad makes it really awkward to hit triggers for 3P/3K. Hitting stuff like 2+3 or 1+4 on a pad is annoying, especially since I have big hands. Hitting multiple buttons with Ed is going to be hard for me on a pad.

I'll stick with sticks. lol

bro you don't have to do pr for everything

It's fucking insane. Any LITTLE thing in just about any thread for fighters that mentions SF5, Lone Dragon is there to let you know you're wrong.

It's not overpriced if your recent game got rid of the "paid update system" that your previous games relied on for long term income.

I will take high priced OPTIONAL costumes over REQUIRED paid updates every year or two.
Man, Capcpom must really be pissed with all this unnecessary overtime you put in.

bro you don't have to do pr for everything

Man, Capcpom must really be pissed with all this unnecessary overtime you put in.

This is like my second post in this new thread, and I'M doing overtime?

Am I ever on the "wall of shame"? No.

Is there anything in my post that wasn't reasonable?
Point out the part that is not reasonable, please:

It's not overpriced if your recent game got rid of the "paid update system" that your previous games relied on for long term income.

I will take high priced OPTIONAL costumes over REQUIRED paid updates every year or two.

Kashiwaba

Yeah, the way I hold the pad makes it really awkward to hit triggers for 3P/3K. Hitting stuff like 2+3 or 1+4 on a pad is annoying, especially since I have big hands. Hitting multiple buttons with Ed is going to be hard for me on a pad.

I'll stick with sticks. lol

It's fucking insane. Any LITTLE thing in just about any thread for fighters that mentions SF5, Lone Dragon is there to let you know you're wrong.

Personally i think ed is designed for sticks no way i can do two buttons together on a pad.

Edzi

This is like my second post in this new thread, and I'M doing overtime?

Am I ever on the "wall of shame"? No.

Is there anything in my post that wasn't reasonable?
Point out the part that is not reasonable, please:

I refuse to believe you don't know why people call you a shill. Nobody can be that thick.

Truth

I dunno, I think if players like Smug can play Rog on pad, then Ed on pad is gonna be just fine. Its an input format, so I imagine people who have been playing more on stick throughout the years are going to prefer playing on stick. But it doesn't seem like there is a tradeoff on designing towards pad play instead of stick.

Rog's inputs are way different than Ed's though. Ed actually has the distinction between double button presses and all three button presses for his specials, meaning the usual shortcut buttons on L1/L2 won't be as useful. Plus, if he has variations on his specials depending on which two buttons are pressed, that makes it even more difficult. I just can't see it being easy on pad.

I refuse to believe you don't know why people call you a shill. Nobody can be that thick.

I'll repeat.

What part of my post was unreasonable.

Point it out to me.

Stop looking at my name like a lazy person and actually address the CONTENT of my post.

Here it is again:

Beckx

Personally i think ed is designed for sticks no way i can do two buttons together on a pad.

i think it's mostly that since standard dualshock dpad isn't great for motions, it's easier to play a character who doesn't have motions (but then CA....)

or maybe it's just my perception about the dualshock dpad. i'm awful with it, but fine with the hori FC pad, which is my preferred console fighting game controller at this point.

Pompadour

They should really make every costume earnable with FM, except the limited time stuff, even if it's an unreasonable amount. I figure most people who are buying them now would still drop money because 70k a costume is still a lot. FM purchases wouldn't come with the colors unlocked.

Edzi

I'll repeat.

What part of my post was unreasonable.

Point it out to me.

Stop looking at my name like a lazy person and actually address the CONTENT of my post.

Here it is again:

Bruh, calling me lazy isn't going to reflect well on your employers. Gotta be careful about stuff like that.

Top Bottom