• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S8 · S8+ |OT| - Available April 21, 2017

I can try. Hopefully. If it comes on time.

Not sure on the processor until tomorrow I guess. What do you guys want to know specifically?
If you're getting the phone outside of the US and Canada, its the exynos variant. But I'd love to hear your battery impressions once you've used the device a full day.

If you're getting the phone outside of the US and Canada, its the exynos variant. But I'd love to hear your battery impressions once you've used the device a full day.

Ah okay.

Exynos it is.

It will be the Orchid grey S8. And yes battery will be very much scrutinised against my current one which is the S6 (which universally has one of the worst battery consumption ever...almost).

Izayoi

Banned
Ah okay.

Exynos it is.

It will be the Orchid grey S8. And yes battery will be very much scrutinised against my current one which is the S6 (which universally has one of the worst battery consumption ever...almost).
Damn dude, you're in for a HUGE treat.

So I ordered 2 covers from Amazon (with Prime shipping) on April 12. It is now April 17 and both of them HAVENT shipped yet. Hopefully they get shipped/delivered before Friday!

BTW fuck Amazon Prime and their standard shipping to Puerto Rico.

My orchid S8 is due to arrive from Verizon on Thursday. Had an s6 edge, and S7 edge and now getting this. I have a thing for sexy curves. Also my s7 has a small crack near the finger print reader and i havent had the guts to test if it is still waterproof, so it'll be nice to have faith in the waterproofing again.

My s7 was 32 gigs if i remember right so 64 is a nice bump, plus i cant wait to see the new hdr screen in person. Should be sexy.

I went back to using the s6 edge for the last couple of weeks to make it feel newer. I miss nougat. I miss the always on screen, but i do actually love how small the s6 edge is. Maybe the s9 will offer one that size again, but i guess not.

Izayoi

Banned
My orchid S8 is due to arrive from Verizon on Thursday. Had an s6 edge, and S7 edge and now getting this. I have a thing for sexy curves. Also my s7 has a small crack near the finger print reader and i havent had the guts to test if it is still waterproof, so it'll be nice to have faith in the waterproofing again.

My s7 was 32 gigs if i remember right so 64 is a nice bump, plus i cant wait to see the new hdr screen in person. Should be sexy.

I went back to using the s6 edge for the last couple of weeks to make it feel newer. I miss nougat. I miss the always on screen, but i do actually love how small the s6 edge is. Maybe the s9 will offer one that size again, but i guess not.
The S8 is actually slimmer (width-wise) than the S6 Edge... The S8 is a little taller but I seriously doubt that the S9 will be smaller.

Izayoi

Banned
OH SHIT. Verizon shipped my S8+, to arrive on Wednesday. My wife's phone is still pending, she's not going to be happy. :lol

Is Best Buy not selling the samsung s-flip case or w/e the fuck it's called for the S8 +? The one with a cover that can turn into a kickstand?

I can't find it anywhere.

edit: nvm found it. But I guess you have to try and get it in-store.

xkramz

Ordered the midnight black standard S8. Just waiting for my UPS tracking number to update...
Did you create the free myups account?

They usually have the tracking number before tmobile even sends you it.

On top of that u could also be flexible with any packages sent to your address like change deliviry5 date, time, address, also sign for the package before hand authorizing ups to leave the package without a physical signature, even give ups driver directions on where to leave it.

Hope you guys enjoy the S8. Its always nice to see what goes on in Android world. Samsung made the best piece of hardware this year so far.

I have a an iphone 7 and will wait to see what Apple has for this years upgrade. If it doesnt impress ill hope on this.

Im ready to jump from iphone and think ill get this or the pixel. Dont know anything about android or phones other than apple so im pretty excited as well as nervous. Looks like people love galaxys though!

Have any of you guys used any of these ring-holder things? LINK I'm pretty happy with my pop-socket, but curious how functional these are.

Anyone know if they can also be used as a kickstand?

Setzer

Black.
Almost went with the Orchid Grey though.

Same. Was very close to ordering it over the Midnight Black. I liked how it changed colors depending on the way you tilted the phone and it had an almost gunmetal look to it. Probably the one thing that made me decide on MB was the phone being entirely black including the edges. It just looks really sleek. Had the edges been silver like the other colors then I would have probably gone with Orchid Grey.

Got an Orchid Grey S8+ on order from telstra in Australia, haven't a clue about delivery, one page says delivery on the 21st, another says delivery starts on the 21st, bloke on forums quoting support says delivery from Korea from the 21st (Erm... nope...). My actual tracking page says 'Ready for Dispatch' we will ship from 21/04/2017. That would be a complete twat as it wouldn't arrive until after the weekend as no weekend post in Australia.

Jeffrey

A user, who wishes to remain anonymous, has DMed us on Twitter stating that his Samsung Galaxy S8 review device is still able to remap the Bixby button. Furthermore, he states that his unit is up to date.

lol.

Thanks fragmented updates for samsung phones!

Qvoth

looks incredible but i'm not gonna dish out that kind of money for a damn phone
hopefully the rumoured oneplus 5 follows this trend of huge screen to body ratio

I have read some comments around saying that Samsung doesn't let you unlock the bootloader. Is that true or was that some random complaint?

I'm finally giving in preorder s8 orchid gray on the last day, the price is the same with s7edge last year, preorder bonus only wireless charger though.

I have read some comments around saying that Samsung doesn't let you unlock the bootloader. Is that true or was that some random complaint?

Saw a thread on XDA that apparently US variants will have locked bootloader.

Didn't read the thread though so I'd have a look there.

Ah shit

My order got delayed thanks to the bank holiday yesterday in England.

I wont get it till tomorrow. Sorry guys no impressions from me till then.

Lagamorph

Ah shit

My order got delayed thanks to the bank holiday yesterday in England.

I wont get it till tomorrow. Sorry guys no impressions from me till then.

The UK pre-order date isn't until Thursday?
The actual release date is the 28th, so early orders should get it the 20th.

Lagamorph

I did. UK.

I ordered the day the phone was announced.

My tracking has showed "order not processed" ever since and not changed....

You should receive it on Thursday then, the Bank Holiday won't have changed anything. Thursday has always been the official first day for the UK.

Mine also shows "Order Not Processed" and when I queried this with Samsung, who I also ordered direct from, they said this was just because the phone wasn't in stock yet since it's before release and that pre-orders should be shipped on the 19th to be received on the 20th.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
If i get one i'll be buying it here in south korea, full price.

Ive been using a s7e so not sure if i want to upgrade yet. And not sure what color i would want, black or silver.

Paganmoon

2 retailers in Sweden have the S8+ in stock already. Got the S8 pre-ordered from another retailer that has pickup date for tomorrow (19:th), hoping to be able to pick it up early :)

CornDogg

Did you create the free myups account?

They usually have the tracking number before tmobile even sends you it.

On top of that u could also be flexible with any packages sent to your address like change deliviry5 date, time, address, also sign for the package before hand authorizing ups to leave the package without a physical signature, even give ups driver directions on where to leave it.

Yeah, I do. I ordered through Sprint and received my tracking number over the weekend, but I guess it's still waiting to actually be picked up by UPS since there's been no activity on it.

I occasionally keep refreshing the UPS app on my phone, where I'm logged in with My UPS, and manually entering the tracking number in case the app isn't updating correctly. Lol

Edit: It updated this morning! Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Top Bottom