• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hello! It's about time we had another one of these threads again, since the last two were most excellent exercises in remembering and showing our most cherished moments from games past and present.

Here's the thread that started it all.
Here's the last thread.

The most important thing you need to remember is this: PLEASE DON'T FEEL THAT YOU NEED ANY SKILL TO PARTICIPATE. Most people prefer the more dodgy drawings, and if we were having an actual art contest other paint programs could be used too. It's all about remembering the games we've played and what we think makes them awesome.

For me, last year was dominated pretty much by one game and its final bossfight(if you can't see it, try clicking here):

mm9.PNG

If anyone needs some rules laid down, here we go: MSPaint or some Mac equivalent only. Graphics tablets are fine since I use them. Spoilers are okay as long as they're not likely to cause a huge backlash in the thread (use your own judgement.) You can always just link to the image instead of posting it in the topic if you're unsure.

Anyway, GET DRAWING!

You were just looking for an excuse to display your talent, weren't you? Very well, Sir, I shall start doodling something first thing tomorrow after work.

Sidzed2

Well, I am no artiste, but this is definitely one of my favourite moments of the last gaming year. Hopefully some will figure it out, and render it with the love and care it deserves.

favourite.jpg

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Quick 'n dirty:

2ep6i2u.png

Playing skate since it came out at least weekly. Totally pumped for skate2.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh, the past two threads have been excellent. I'll try to participate in this one and I'll make sure to keep viewing this one as it progresses.

Clockwork

Sidzed2 said:
Well, I am no artiste, but this is definitely one of my favourite moments of the last gaming year. Hopefully some will figure it out, and render it with the love and care it deserves.

favourite.jpg

Yeah, that part of MGS4 was interesting.

zoku88

Sidzed2 said:

You're no artiste, never was.

Yea, I could figure it out. Don't take the above comment as being mean ;)

EDIT: Oh, someone beat me :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Ifrit

SovanJedi said:

Absolutely amazing... and a nice choice, MM9 was awesome from start to finish
and multiple playthroughs.
I love MS paint threads, I will try drawing something that I'm pretty sure will come out poorly, but I'll post it if I like it

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
An actual 08 moment:

20ucv3m.png

No tablet => teh suck, so if you can do this moment better, be my guest!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fucking touchpad. My favorite level in Galaxy completely ruined by yours truly:

20qyiu.jpg

Starbit Festival

CTLance

161c39s.png

This is just a very rough representation of all the fun I've had with World of Goo. There's no level like that in the game. I feel like I've just desecrated something holy for insulting this awesome stylish game with my filthy scribblings...

World of Goo! Buy it! Play it! Love it! The Hugbot commands you!

I'm not an artist, so you'll have to understand that this is pretty good for me.

Oh, and I know the game is nearly a decade old now, and everyone who is probably gonna play it has played it, but if you need it: LOK series spoiler warning.

mysoulreaver.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Botolf said:
20tjqes.jpg

25 pounce damage. Believe!
I'm playing through Saints Row 2 right now, and I can totally see this happening. :lol

NameGenerated said:
Far left survivor playing guitar? :p
There are random pedestrians that play guitar on the sidewalk in SR2, yes. But it could also be a co-op partner with a chainsaw. :D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
XiaNaphryz said:
I'm playing through Saints Row 2 right now, and I can totally see this happening. :lol

There are random pedestrians that play guitar on the sidewalk in SR2, yes. But it could also be a co-op partner with a chainsaw. :D
Buuut it's Left 4 Dead?

Prax

Even better than getting last-minute criticals...

Is when the CPU can't get one.

rng.jpg

Micaiah probably dies from the next enemy though. :(

Working with only the default palette is too haaaard.

Sins*

Neo Member
Prax said:
Even better than getting last-minute criticals...

Is when the CPU can't get one.

rng.jpg

Micaiah probably dies from the next enemy though. :(

Working with only the default palette is too haaaard.
holy crap that is good. good job mate.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
ugh, graphics tablets should be disallowed. I'm trying to do a semi detailed street fighter sprite and just the outline is so fucking painful with a mouse. All of the "artists" have an unfair advantage.

Prax

Hahaha! I should have just done this one instead!

Who else feels this is one of the best parts in Wii Music?! XD

musicmusic.jpg

Oh man, making covers gives me such good laughs!

Yes, I'm part of the problem. >.>

-Naruto- said:
My Worst Moment in Videogames (In 2008)

Pretty much, it's like epic felt the need to make Bungie look good in terms of endgame boss battles.

NameGenerated said:
That SMG smiley ruined the gun for me. :lol

Oh my god this.... I hate you gaf for showing me these things. :'(

Top Bottom