• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Nice to see this is still going (somewhat) strong.

Between work and the fact that games came out that I actually, y'know, want to play, I haven't made any covers lately. :\

Some nice newer stuff though, guys. :)

mblitek said:
Does anyone know if there a place online I can print these? I live just outside of Toronto.

Do you have Beaureux En Gros or Staples in Toronto? I'm in Quebec, and both stores are the same thing. I got mine printed there, it cost 6 dollars for two boxarts. Not bad.

Criminal Upper said:
Do you have Beaureux En Gros or Staples in Toronto? I'm in Quebec, and both stores are the same thing. I got mine printed there, it cost 6 dollars for two boxarts. Not bad.

Holy crap, really? That seems expensive. Are you getting them on expensive paper? Multi-sided? Cut for you?
At Office Depot here in the states, I can get them printed for something like $0.70 a cover (1 sided).

corrosivefrost said:
Holy crap, really? That seems expensive. Are you getting them on expensive paper? Multi-sided? Cut for you?
At Office Depot here in the states, I can get them printed for something like $0.70 a cover (1 sided).
I don't know what he's talking about. I went to staples a month ago and it was less than a dollar per magazine print.

SykoTech

Such a great thread. Just went through it from start to finish. Awesome stuff.

Kinda scary how many people have been banned now though.

U2NUMB

There are some amazing Uncharted ones already but I am a bit OCD with my series of games so I created ones that are very similar for each game in the series.. I actually had to create a new logo for U1 to make them match... Anyways figured I would share them.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Click HERE for High Res

uncharted_3D.png

Uncharted 2
Click HERE for High Res

uncharted2_3D.png

Uncharted 3
Click HERE for High Res

uncharted3_3D.png

Tabris

Quick said:
I noticed that the Blu-ray area of this thread seems lacking, so here's my contribution.

rx4VD.png

I wanted the cover to match 2.22's minimalistic one, which I really like. I'm looking for the font 1.11 and 2.22 are using on its spines. Currently (not seen), I have Arial.

Template is from DeviantArt, and I forgot who made it. Does anyone have a good Blu-ray box template like those 3D ones?

Does anyone have one of these? a custom Evangelion 1.11 cover? I can't find a single one on the web.

Girsej

Had some time and saw that nobody had made a cover for this game... so my OCD kicked in and here is at least something ;D

Morts

U2NUMB said:
There are some amazing Uncharted ones already but I am a bit OCD with my series of games so I created ones that are very similar for each game in the series.. I actually had to create a new logo for U1 to make them match... Anyways figured I would share them.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Click HERE for High Res

uncharted_3D.png

Uncharted 2
Click HERE for High Res

uncharted2_3D.png

Uncharted 3
Click HERE for High Res

uncharted3_3D.png

These are amazing, but any chance of getting them without the Playstation Network logo?

AuthenticM said:
I don't know what he's talking about. I went to staples a month ago and it was less than a dollar per magazine print.

Sorry, I should have mentioned. I got mine printed on glossy paper, and had them cut to order.

But that's because I'm bomb-ass rich.

TheGravyOne

Neo Member
Looking through these amazing box art images made me really want a classy game related poster for my room. I tried searching but couldn't find a good online resource for gaming posters to print. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Theman2k

Hi, for those who ask me about printing those great covers, I created a little tutorial:

Introduction:

I use my regular home printer on a regular A4 paper.
And they turn out pretty good. (And it's really cheap !)

Necessary Tools:

1) Simple A4 paper.
2) Sufficient amount of ink.
3) A utility knife.
4) A long Ruler.
5) Photoshop.

The process:

1) Drag the covers into this PSD file:
PSD FILE
2) Then hit Enter.
3) Put the new layer on top.
4) Resize it (Ctrl+T) a bit to fit the Template.
5) Hit Enter again.
6) Go to: File -> Print.
7) Then Choose landscape mode. (Check center image and bounding box, make sure "scale to fit media" is unchecked).
8) Then hit "printer settings", make sure it's set on landscape mode, And change "Paper Size" to A4.
9) Once you printed the cover, crop the white borders of the page with a ruler and a utility knife.
10) Now, once you try to fit it in the case you'll see it doesn't enter.

DON'T BE ALARMED.

Just fold the case outwards, and Simultaneously pinch the printed cover inside. Don't worry ! It won't damage the printed cover. After the first try it will be pretty much straight forward.

Good luck.

Collection%202.jpg

thebeeks

Banned
Theman2k said:
I use my regular home printer on a regular A4 paper.
And they turn out pretty good. (And it's really cheap !)

Out of curiosity, what printer are you using? I'm in the market for a new printer, especially in the next few weeks with all the inevitable crazy holiday sales.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Theman you printed on Laser or Inkjet?

List of paper for people, also don't get too thick

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...hoto+paper+8.5+x+11&x=0&y=0&sprefix=glossy+ph

Make sure to get semi glossy or glossy imo..

Specswise 40lb-48lb is around what's used on retail game covers, make sure to get laser or inkjet depending on what you have guys.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EZTYHG/?tag=neogaf0e-20 this looks good but I can't read all the specs on the front cover I might end up ordering this for my Canon Pixma inkjet printer. Judging by the reviews the paper isn't as thick as regular photo paper either so it seems perfect. I just ordered it, I'll let you guys know how the covers come out.

iLLmAtlc

Guys I think the inside cover art (I think) would make a really awesome cover. It's the same cover used for this book:

6300340868_a4f6680771.jpg

Someone uploaded a scan of Uncharted 3 and I think that's the inside cover. I'm a Canadian so we don't get inside covers lol.

Quick

Banned
Tabris said:
Does anyone have one of these? a custom Evangelion 1.11 cover? I can't find a single one on the web.

I haven't done much with it other than placing a logo on a purple background. I didn't know how else to proceed since I kind of lost my idea (if that makes sense). I'll upload it if you want.

Theman2k

Slayer-33:

I printed with InkJet.
I didn't went overboard with diffrent types of paper or special printers.
As I said, it turned out really well.

thebeeks:

I own an HP 6500 Wireless printer.
If you use an older printer, it's recommnded to change the printer setting from "Best" to "Maximum DPI".

Sinthetic:

Maybe i could help, But i really don't have time till next week maybe.

dustin:

The fact it looks like the Original is a good thing as I see it.
The game is allready on sale here in Israel for over a week. :D
Maybe i'll make one next week. :)

U2NUMB

Morts said:
These are amazing, but any chance of getting them without the Playstation Network logo?

Good call.. looks better that way. Original links updated without that logo.

Also I got a little OCD with the Assassins Creed series so I put together similar art for them.

Assassin's Creed 360
Click HERE for High Res

ac_360_3D.png

Assassin's Creed II 360
Click HERE for High Res

ac2_360_3D.png

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 360
Click HERE for High Res

acbrotherhood_360_3D.png

Assassin's Creed Revelations 360
Click HERE for High Res

acrevelations_360_3D.png

Kwixotik

I love this thread.

Could I request some Oblivion art? Thanks to anyone who does it.

Edit: Also, what do you guys do with the original cover art? I'm a bit of a collector, so I want to make sure they stay safe and in good condition.

Tabris

Quick said:
I haven't done much with it other than placing a logo on a purple background. I didn't know how else to proceed since I kind of lost my idea (if that makes sense). I'll upload it if you want.

Yes please, it would be much appreciated. I just want a version that I can use for a normal blu ray case as Evangelion 1.11 is the only case that sticks out.

Kwixotik

I'm just going to add a bunch of games from my collection/wishlist that don't have covers. Thank you to anyone who makes them. Most of them aren't high priority or anything, just stuff I'd like to see. Mostly older stuff.

Battlefield: Bad Company
Bully
Dragon Age II (current one uses a low quality image)
Fable 2-3
Final Fantasy XI
Left 4 Dead 1-2
The Orange Box
Devil May Cry 4 (dead link. did anyone save the previous one? i haven't seen it)
Earth Defense Force 2017
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Eternal Sonata (current one uses a low quality image)
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
God of War Origins Collection
Lost Planet 1 and 2
Modnation Racers
Prototype
Saint's Row 2 and 3
Sonic's Genesis Collection
White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2
Blue Dragon
Brutal Legend
Gears of War 1
Viva Pinata

Quick

Banned
Tabris said:
Yes please, it would be much appreciated. I just want a version that I can use for a normal blu ray case as Evangelion 1.11 is the only case that sticks out.

So I deleted the file by accident, and it's unrecoverable. Sorry, Tabris. :(

brentech

Just wanted to say this thread is awesome.
Really want to print out quite a few and replace, but after reading through the thread I feel like the only real option is to print at home.

I hate Office Depot and the like. Anyone know if it's worth trying to have printed at a place like mpix(dot)com (I use them for my actual photography needs, so just curious), or would you expect photo printing places to turn it down - or screw it up the sizing?

I do have a HPB209a printer, but that thing sucks down the ink and I believe would end up being more expensive in the long run.

What do you all think?

Thanks for any help in advance.

update edit: Looking through MPix, I don't think they'd be able to size it right. Went ahead and ordered some ink on amazon, will try to print my own on semi-gloss. Hopefully it works out. Some really great work done by artist GAF.

Dreweyes said:
Got really excited about the news that this is coming to the US,
so I made a cover art based on the Miyazaki japan bluray covers!
What does everyone think?

Click to download! :)

EDIT: I can make alternate color versions if anyone likes.

All of the official artwork, including the Ni No Kuni PS3 and whatnot, all feature gold, so that's why I chose the color I did.
Dark brown could also work, and blue (but Nausicaä's cover is already that color)

Updating the index now and just saw this, freaking love it.

demosthenes said:
Updating the index now and just saw this, freaking love it.
Thanks for updating the index! It seems some are missing though; I am not seeing any RE5 links. Have you went through all of the pages again?

Top Bottom