• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 screens and details leak in Portuguese

Phil4000

86371160_o.jpg

Seems like The Sims 4 is being shown before the show?! :)
First screenshots, official box art, and new details in this First Look!!!
http://www.thesimsstyle.net/p/the-sims-4.html

4 years after The Sims 3 and the graphics still look like sh!t :(
1157443_633359983350354_965194843_n.jpg

1185387_633360163350336_97981621_n.jpg

1098276_633359743350378_372971895_n.jpg

the-sims-4_20130815_1413234022.jpg

thesims414.jpg

1002593_633453330007686_1704367206_n.jpg

(The New UI)
734349_633360443350308_1684095995_n.png

(The New Sims)
thesims408.jpg

thesims411.jpg

thesims412.jpg

(Facial Evolution)
tumblr_mrkjalIOkL1s9phupo1_500.jpg

(The New CAS)
Sims-4-Nose-Create-A-Sim.gif

Sims-4-Butt-Slider.gif.gif

Sims-4-Bodies-and-Skin-Tones.png

(Build Mode leak: Sep. 7th)
Demonstration: http://vimeo.com/73781040

capa-placeholder-style.jpg
BRsvHxPCAAAlgUJ.jpg

Google Translate said:
GOOGLE TRANSLATE

RESOURCES

New Sims - Create Sims and control more intelligent, understandable and emotionally rich.
Intelligence - Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever, since multitasking and its expressions, even the way they walk. Choose your Sims' personalities, select your aspirations, and explore the depth of their goals throughout life through your thoughts, social skills, careers and memories.
Emotional Depth - For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a wide range and depth of emotional states, and are influenced by other Sims, actions, events, memories, and even the clothes and objects you choose. Emotions give you more opportunities to create stories richer and with more possibilities.
New Creative Tools - The Create a Sim and Construction are powerful, intuitive and fun like never before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims accurate tactile. As the construction that allows you to build the home of your dreams with the new construction mode based on rooms.
Vibrant Neighborhoods - Choose from many bright and several lots for your Sims live. Live visuals that bring the house your Sim's life.
Rich Rewards - Earn new objects, clothes and traits by completing events, find collectibles and unlock achievements.
Share Your Creations - Share your Sims family with your friends and the community. Download community creations for totally new look.

FAQ

What is The Sims ™ 4?
The Sims 4 is the highly anticipated simulation game that lets you play with life in a new way. Create and control the mind, the body and the heart of new Sims. Build unique homes for them. Invent and explore the stories of your Sims and get incredible results and exciting. New tools for creating tactile Create a Sim Mode and construction based on blocks offer fun and intuitive ways of creating interesting content. Show off your favorite creations with novel ways of sharing and have access to community content to inspire.

What platforms Sims 4 will be available?
The Sims 4 will be available for PC.

There will be an online component in The Sims 4?
There will be extra fun and social elements for those who decide to play online (more on that later), but the main game was meant to happen offline. Each choose how you want to play.

You need the Origin client to play The Sims ™ 4?
You need an account EA / Origin to install the game. After installation, you no longer need to connect to the Internet if you do not want.

Can I use my Sims or The Sims 3 Content on The Sims 4?
The basis of The Sims 4 is totally unprecedented. The content of The Sims 3 can not be transferred to The Sims 4.

How can I follow the latest information about The Sims 4?
For the latest news about The Sims 4, visit our official website (www.TheSims.com), come to enjoy on Facebook (www.facebook.com / TheSims) and subscribe to our VIP Newsletter (www.TheSims.com .)

When The Sims 4 will be available?
The Sims 4 will be available in 2014.

What is the indicative rating of The Sims 4?
The Sims 4 has not yet received a rating indicative. We will update the website as soon as we receive it.

The Sims 4 will require a constant online connection?
You do not need a constant online connection to play The Sims 4.

What are the minimum hardware requirements for The Sims 4?
We are working to make the game accessible to as many players as possible. We will inform you as soon as we define the specifications.

Who are the developers of The Sims 4?
At the time, The Sims 4 is still being developed by The Sims Studio in Redwood City. The team behind the game is comprised of veterans with experience that comes from the appearance of the franchise. We have professionals like Robi Kauker, Lyndsay Pearson and Kevin Gibson, participating in the creation of the series from the beginning. We will continue providing additional team members during the development process.

McNum

Jebus this UI better not be final, I think I am going to puke... :/

734349_633360443350308_1684095995_n.png
Is that a butterfly button? (Top left next to the money.) Wonder what that does. My guess would be its for collectables, but it's still an odd icon.

It's not a horrible interface, though. It's well sectioned off. Family stuff in the top left, Sim stuff in the bottom left. Time control in the bottom middle, mode changes on the bottom right and messages in the top right. Looks like there's an achievement icon there, too.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fuck. I think it looks great for a game designed to run on 13 year old girls' "my fist packard-bell".

I fucking love the Sims.

Meier

The Sims is kinda like Animal Crossing in a number of ways. Very few visual upgrades despite numerous iterations. These games and Zoo/Rollercoaster Tycoon are pretty much the only ones my wife likes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wonder what the hook for this game is, I'll wait for a translation on the stuff in the OP which I would imagine talks about it.

The Sims 3 sorta ran like complete ass with the way everything was integrated. And what really killed the game for me was how ungodly long it took to start up and load.

LegoArmo

The reason the graphics don't improve much is because they want it to be able to be played on as many computers as possible.

Personally, with a game like this, I think they should do an OnLive style streaming thing.

onQ123

The people buying The Sims don't give a damn about no graphics & requiring lower specs means that they can sell the game to more people.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I put a google translate in the OP since it seemed to do a decent job and I'm not sure how many speak Portuguese here.

Goli

I like how the characters seem to look a little more cartoony this time around, similar to The Sims 2. Other than that, well, it doesn't look very good.

Trigger

Ugh, Can they at least add some of the expansion stuff in as basic features? I don't want to repay just to unlock dogs/celebrities/etc.

Piggus

I don't care if it doesn't look significantly different. I just want the performance to be better. :/ The Sims 3 runs like ass even on modern high end PCs.

SimCity gives me hope in that regard.

Lumyst

Fuck. I think it looks great for a game designed to run on 13 year old girls' "my fist packard-bell".

I fucking love the Sims.

I still remember back in '96, my dad took my brother and I to a refurbished computer store and got a Packard Bell Windows 3.11 for Workgroups computer (my first gaming system lol). I remember also Christmas 2000 when my dad got my brother and I a Compaq Presario laptop that had an AMD K6 processor and 2GB of hard drive space. We had to install and uninstall games we wanted to play, the Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, expansion packs (not "stuff packs" EXPANSION PACKS). Some of my best gaming memories came from those old PCs. Oh you wouldn't believe the fun my friends and I had after finding out you could have the Sims gay/lesbian marry each other, using the "rosebud" code to get infinite money, using the "hand tool" to move the bed out of the way to see the Sims having sex...

As for the Sims series, nowadays, after watching what it became after Sims 2, they can stuff those stuff packs in their...Same with Sim City after 4. EA made fantastic PC games back in the early 2000's, what have they done to my favorite series? :-(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
i think they took too big of a leap with sims 3. i know a lot of people had performance issues

Sims 3's performance problems are more due to inefficient programming with the stuff you can't see, I think. Things go from bad to worse as you pile on the expansion packs and all the associated new shiny objects.

Top Bottom