• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion (3DS, Dreamrift)

I wanted to love the first game but never got round to gettig that far in it, I'm all for expanding the ip though I just hope a version is made for the 360 as there is potential

Boney

Banned
tumblr_la5x5v8TDU1qb6w01o1_400.jpg

Not getting my hopes up. I bought epic mickey and it was a shit game with an awesome premise. I'll assume this to be the same until I see otherwise.

M.SPECTOR,

Illusion + Mickey = awesome

Epic + Mickey < Illusion + Mickey

Illusion + Mickey + Epic = big fan backlash
If
Illusion + Mickey + Epic < Epic + Mickey < Illusion + Mickey

Better show me some Ducks next time.

I dont think your maths are right.
Let me explain.

...Of Illusion = Nostalgia, sells to old fans
Epic + Mickey = has the Mickey name in big letters, sells well to children, children loved Epic Mickey
Epic Mickey + of Illusion = Nostalgia fans, kid fans = $$$

Now add to that IF the game is good it will sell even better and pleases all types of fans for a next game.

Now there, here you have your formulas corrected. Have a nice day.

Kard8p3

On GTTV this Thursday there's going to be a trailer and gameplay footage for Epic Mickey 2. I hope they show off the 3DS version too.

I really want Disney to work out a deal with Sega to republish their old MD/SMS/GG games on Virtual Console, XBLA and PSN. Would be the perfect time to jump on this and cross-promote.

thomasos

Hey guys. The April edition of Nintendo Power's got the full scoop on this and subscribers should start getting their issues any day now.

fernoca

Hey guys. The April edition of Nintendo Power's got the full scoop on this and subscribers should start getting their issues any day now.

Yep...

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two & Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Get your paint and thinner ready! Mickey and Oswald are back in two wondrous Epic Mickey sequels&#8212;one on Wii and one on Nintendo 3DS. We&#8217;ve got interviews, exclusive details, and more.

(Pics of the game are from the Wii version)

Linkup

2.5D?

If only we could get some sprites again, Mighty Switch Force looked amazing.

At least it's something to look forward to unlike the Wii game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Would be funny/cool if this version ended up being the better (and an actually great) game.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
And the site I can't mention also has a scan of the front page of Nintendo Power magazine, announcing this game.. So I guess it's real.

You won't be disappointed. ;-)

*looks at profile* Oh!

I actually do hope it's a pure 2D game with sprites and all, I want it to look like its own thing, and not the console version from a side angle, plus the 2.5D bits in the original weren't so good.

Dreamrift has good 2D sprite experience with Hatsworth and Monster Tale.

So yeah, I may actually agree that it could be the definitive version if done right, because I'm not so optimistic after the original, it wasn't bad, just disappointing and dull.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
nope, obviously they are not
If you're just guessing because there's no crosshair, notice there's no HUD whatsoever for these images...

The rest elements look like the Wii version, no weird shimmering effect for the thinned stuff, blob shadows.

Anony

If you're just guessing because there's no crosshair, notice there's no HUD whatsoever for these images...

The rest elements look like the Wii version, no weird shimmering effect for the thinned stuff, blob shadows.

that too i guess, but there's no jaggies anywhere so it's probably some rendered images (of wii version) downsampled

Top Bottom