• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Ghosts post-patch has lag/framerate issues on Xbox One so I'm not buying the DLC

They released the first map pack for Ghosts this week. With it came the latest patch. Lots of small fixes, etc.

So I boot up the XB1 version post patch, and immediately it loads my campaign save and puts me into a mission! Hmm, ok, not sure why that happened. Guess I'll quit out of that.

Select multiplayer and away we go. Get into my first multiplayer match and soon after I notice the framerate feels less stable. Hmm, ok. Then I see a random scoring bug, where it shows points I shouldn't have gotten. Hmm. Then I get into another map and it's got even more serious framerate issues!

Quit the match and turn it off.

What a fantastic way to encourage DLC sales! Make the entire game run worse and have new bugs to coincide with the first map pack! I was going to buy the map pack tonight, but they won't be happening until this shit is fixed. Fucking ridiculous.

Mona

Banned
you expected something more from the people who brought you COD:Ghost?

it somehow simultaneously looks and performs worse then BFBC2 on PC. EDIT: a 4 year old FPS

really reinvesting those gamer's dollars is see...

jedimike

Xbone or 360?

Anyone else having problems?

I planned on getting the DLC on Friday but I'm not about to buy an update for a buggy game.

Should have set your expectations to bare minimum.

These guys made the worst CoD yet (7th-8th Gen).

Sold my copy after a hitting level 20.

I can confirm the framerate went to shit post patch on XB1. Talking sub-20 at some points.

Think of how I feel about Xbox, CoD, and framerates and then look at the above again.

Infinity Ward fucked it up, and it's awful. ��

Mona

Banned
Wasn't Bad Company 2 a pretty decent looking game? lol

yes definitely, but its 4 years old, thats a long long time in gaming years.

i didn't mean to pick out BFBC2 specifically, just wanted to use a "similar" game as a reference point for how lackluster this game is technically. and the fact that BFBC2 is 4 years old certainly increased the effectiveness of the comparison.

i can see how it sounds when you read it now, and how it seems like im saying "its so bad that its worse then this other thing that already stinks pretty badly", so my bad there, i put an edit.

what i was trying to say was, i can understand it running worse then BFBC2 if it looked better, or i can understand it looking worse then BFBC2 if it ran better, but what i was trying to get across was that it simultaneously looks and performs worse, and there is really no excuse for that.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I can confirm the framerate went to shit post patch on XB1. Talking sub-20 at some points.

Think of how I feel about Xbox, CoD, and framerates and then look at the above again.

Infinity Ward fucked it up, and it's awful. ��

Someone should alert Polygon. :eek:

liquidfox00

Neo Member
I decided to play on Xbone today for the first time since launch week. I was first greeted with a black screen after the Ghost image. Went and played BF4 instead. A while later I googled the issue and it wasn't just me, it's a rampant glitch that Activision has posted a work around wherein you pull the power from the Xbone and outlet and wait three minutes which did work.

I then played a few matches and the frame rate was atrocious. A buddy of mine who really has no idea about frame rates or lag asked me if the game was really "laggy" for me as well.

Nice update IW.

I didn't notice any issues on the PS4 or 360 version.

At all.

Fixed the spawns and the new maps and aliens are fun. This makes the game much more enjoyable.

eek5

patch is fine on 360 for me

spawns can still be fucked up but really easy to half map on TDM now. camp away bros

Dysun

Should have set your expectations to bare minimum.

These guys made the worst CoD yet (7th-8th Gen).

Sold my copy after a hitting level 20.

I made it to around ~30-40 but I feel the same. Such a shame, I really enjoyed the previous CoD games. I pop in Black Ops 2 once in awhile but I can't play this shit

kuYuri

So, your anecdotal evidence of a bad experience post-patch is IW's way of "discouraging DLC sales"?

Ok.

I at least expected some kind of known mass issue spreading around on Twitter or something.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt that it sucks that you're experiencing these issues, but there is some hyperbole in that thread title.

Shin-Ra

That 8% extra GPU reserve? They're taking it from games and this patch preps for it...

Shyamalantwist.

So, your anecdotal evidence of a bad experience post-patch is IW's way of "discouraging DLC sales"?

Ok.

I at least expected some kind of known mass issue spreading around on Twitter or something.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt that it sucks that you're experiencing these issues, but there is some hyperbole in that thread title.

Anecdotal, but another person has already come into the thread and confirmed what I'm seeing, but sure, maybe it's all just in our heads!

No, it really isn't. I've put a hundred hours into this game. I can easily tell when the framerate isn't as stable as it way the day before.

You're probably not going to see a mass twitter stream about these problems because the average Joe doesn't even know what a framerate is. At best some of those people probably notice it's not quite right, but don't know how to describe the problem exactly. Regardless, it's real, and it immediately discouraged my purchase of their DLC. I will not be playing the game again until this problem is resolved.

JayNica914

Neo Member
They released the first map pack for Ghosts this week. With it came the latest patch. Lots of small fixes, etc.

So I boot up the XB1 version post patch, and immediately it loads my campaign save and puts me into a mission! Hmm, ok, not sure why that happened. Guess I'll quit out of that.

Select multiplayer and away we go. Get into my first multiplayer match and soon after I notice the framerate feels less stable. Hmm, ok. Then I see a random scoring bug, where it shows points I shouldn't have gotten. Hmm. Then I get into another map and it's got even more serious framerate issues!

Quit the match and turn it off.

I can confirm that me and all of the people I play with are having the same problems as described here...Framerate has dropped a lot, Stonehaven, Strikezone and all of the new DLC maps seem to be the worst offenders as far as I can tell...Hope this gets fixed soon as I do enjoy the game....

Lucifon

I've noticed framerate drops on one map too, but it doesn't seem to affect the others. Forget which map it is now though!

RE_Player

I've never bought Call of Duty dlc before but I ended up getting the PS4 Hardened edition of Ghosts for $79.99 so I got the season pass. Not expecting much so I don't mind the upcoming hiccups.

lie07

Neo Member
My friends talked me into buying the dlc, bought it as a separate and i am not going to buy another one.

Amir0x

Banned
Man Activison/Infinity Ward and DICE/EA are just batting 1000 on these fucking buggy-ass FPS releases, ain't they? Race to the bottom

Dr. Kaos

Banned
You say that like DLC as it exists today is a good thing.

It's not. If I can't resell it, It's evil.

DLC feels like a trojan horse used to destroy game ownership by slowly getting gamers used to content they cannot resell, and is a twisted incentive to ship incomplete games. (ie: Titanfall has TWO DLC packs planned within 120 days of its release. Such bullshit.)

I.want.to.resell.my.digital.games

No ifs or buts. I hate DLC so much. So very, very much.

ps: none of this applies to free DLC that is not locked behind one-time activation codes.

Amir0x

Banned

DLC feels like a trojan horse used to destroy game ownership by slowly getting gamers used to content they cannot resell, and is a twisted incentive to ship incomplete games. (ie: Titanfall has TWO DLC packs planned within 120 days of its release. Such bullshit.)

ps: none of this applies to free DLC that is not locked behind one-time activation codes.

what in the world of unrelated rants batman

renitou

Best alert Doc Brown or John Connor as you'll be needing a time machine back to 2005 to properly fight in the Great DLC War. Perhaps your voice will turn back the tide before it was too late!

what in the world of unrelated rants batman

Dr you're drunk

I've been having major issues with Ghosts on XBO. Game wouldn't load at all and now it loads into the campaign but the loading status screen pauses at about 80%. Aarrgghh

Jarnet87

You bought the game knowing it would be crap and full of problems. You wanted more CODBLOPS, you got more CODBLOPS.

Top Bottom