• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS:GZ - Looks and Performs a lot better on PS4...

Is the game 1080p on X1? Who is this guy: https://twitter.com/DouglasNerd

He tweeted:

chdYgWP.png

bonus tweet

AulRqu5.png

Not surprising, but so much for the slight differences...

Do people at MS actually think that if they keep pretending there isn't a decent sized power disparity that somehow people will just forget?

monome

well, it's 2hrs so I guess I won't have much time to bother with graphics/performance.

and that Raiden.

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
When will people understand that it's not about the fancy graphics and solid framerates. It's about the backbone of console gaming. It's those intangibles that make a console (however less powerful than it's completion) click. Those working man's graphics that only the Xbox One can provide.

Hasney

I wonder how long it takes for this to just be the given thing and no-one bats an eyelid anymore? You would have thought we were there already to be honest. Think in about 2 years, these threads will go down after about 3 pages and we shall remember the good times of the entertainment these wars brought us.

Leave the memories alone...

When will people understand that it's not about the fancy graphics and solid framerates. It's about the backbone of console gaming. It's those intangibles that make a console (however less powerful than it's completion) click. Those working man's graphics that only the Xbox One can provide.

PlayStation 4's graphics are all about scoring points and getting theirs.

Xbox One's graphics clean up on the glass and go after every rebound -- do all of the little things it takes to win. Working man's graphics.

123rl

This isn't news any more and it won't be news again. From now on let's just assume the ps4 is going to look better unless we're told differently

Haunted

WiiU doesn't get any third party games

PS4 versions are superior to the XB1

life goes on

this will stop being newsworthy a couple years down the road, I guess

I love this so much.

I wonder how long it takes for this to just be the given thing and no-one bats an eyelid anymore? You would have thought we were there already to be honest. Think in about 2 years, these threads will go down after about 3 pages and we shall remember the good times of the entertainment these wars brought us.

Leave the memories alone...
The GTA V comparison thread was heavy. This will last until the next generation. Just how these things go.

MormaPope

Banned
This is probably sarcasm, but in case anyone missed it from the other thread...

wVrpbP4.png

How long do you think it'll take to get 100%? And what do you think will constitute for the other 75%? Because a journalist tweeted that after doing the main mission and all side missions they completed 25% of Ground Zeroes.

This isn't news any more and it won't be news again. From now on let's just assume the ps4 is going to look better unless we're told differently

It's news for the simple fact that Kojima said the differences would be slight. Those don't sound like slight differences to me and they paint a worrying picture for Phantom Pain too...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The disparity this gen is surprising. I would have thought we'd get to a point where the box doesn't matter, but no.

jelly

PS3 got nailed for yonks.

Xbox One is even worse because it doesn't even have theoretical magic sauce. It's just give us 500 bucks for a mistake, la la la can't hear you. Halo 5 will be something.

How long do you think it'll take to get 100%? And what do you think will constitute for the other 75%? Because a journalist tweeted that after doing the main mission and all side missions they completed 25% of Ground Zeroes.

I wish I knew. The other 75% is probably collectables, side missions and other similar stuff, but it's nice that there's at least something to replay or continue the playing the game for and get some extra value out of it...

Hasney

The GTA V comparison thread was heavy. This will last until the next generation. Just how these things go.

True, but for most of the generation, 3rd parties were close with only slight edges to the lead platform.

This has been a bloodbath right from the get-go, so I'm not sure on stamina to keep this up constantly.

Betty

Banned
I don't really understand his tweet. How can he finish it in 90 mins and only have 9% of the game complete?

Well there's the extra/side ops to consider, the console exclusive mission, S-Ranking each mission, probably collectibles are factored into that percentage too, not sure what else.

Hasney

Well there's the extra/side ops to consider, the console exclusive mission, S-Ranking each mission, probably collectibles are factored into that percentage too, not sure what else.

Yup. I finished the Lego Marvel story mode and had 30% completion. Was actually hoping I could 100% it in 5 hours so I could trade it in for inFamous the same day!

Top Bottom