• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tomb Raider screenshots

From Xbox.com:

Scenes from the trailer mostly.

screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg5.jpg

screenlg6.jpg

Is this coming to PC? I assume since every TR game ever has, but you never know these days. I would love to play this and have it actually look like those bullshots.

GQman2121

Banned
That's what I mean, how are you going to shoot a deer with a bowstring like that. The arrow would no way be accurate.

Realistic visual bow string physics or larger breast on your female lead? What do you think developers are going to go with 10 out of 10 times?

edit: Also, that's the only interesting photo out of the lot. I'm actually growing less and less impressed with what they're trying to achieve as more of the game is reveled.

bigace33

This has fast become my most anticipated game of E3. I love the Uncharted series to death, but this looks to be taking that formula tp the next level. I love this realistic approach to Laura as opposed to the uber confident Laura. The visuals are super impressive as well.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I wonder how much they are going to crank up the bow shooting (or "shoottwang" in the current preferred nomenclature) to appeal to Hunger Games fans.

jbttwin

This has fast become my most anticipated game of E3. I love the Uncharted series to death, but this looks to be taking that formula tp the next level. I love this realistic approach to Laura as opposed to the uber confident Laura. The visuals are super impressive as well.

sammy_l1.gif

PowderedToast

you're not fooling us, CD employee.

DieH@rd

Banned
for those who did not see latest info

Tomb Raider Game Informer details

- Don't expect much of the old linear platforming formula. "We're now giving the player the opportunity to go into a space and choose their own path. Where we take you across the ledge of the B-52 bomber, that's a tutorial. Once you move away from the plane, everything is basically open, dynamic traversal where the player has the freedom to roam around a jump from location to location with ease..."

- You'll be able to air steer, direction control, speed her up/down during jumps

- The game has an XP system. You'll be able to use this for upgrading Lara's abilities. You'll also have to scavenge for materials to upgrade Lara's equipment

- The base camps will allow you to upgrade Lara's abilities, improve your equipment and fast travel to other base camps that you've visited on the island

- Early on you'll only have a few options to upgrade Lara, such as giving her the ability to carry additional arrows for her bow or increasing the speed that she's able to shoot the arrows. As you continue the system will open up and allow you to shape her abilities to your playstyle.

- The context-sensitive actions are one-off sequences. For example, the scene with Lara stabbing the wolf is only going to happen once in the game. They say that if you do it right the first time it'll have an impact.

- "There is linearity to the story - you have to go from point A to point B - but there's junctions in between where we want the player to feel like they're real explorers." These are described as non-linear hub spaces that you can come back to at different times of day.

ironcreed

Banned
It's funny, Uncharted was probably inspired by Tomb Raider on some level and now everyone is calling this a bad Uncharted clone just because they are trying to make it up to date. Thing is, this looks to be more open and will have more of a survival edge than Uncharted. And while it may not live up to the production value and polish of Uncharted, who is to say that it will not deliver in other areas? I am rooting for this game and a quality come back for the series.

DieH@rd

Banned
Its ironic that Square showcased Crystal engine with very realistic and lifelike lightning, and in TR lightning is sooo much "videogamey".

Still, art design asked for that I guess. Cant wait to see E3 demo. During IGN trailer analysis, one guy mentioned that deer hunting demo was playable by press.

salromano

Why is the same Joel-looking guy from the trailer attacking (can I say molesting? because that's what it looks like he's about to do) her in a different area?

Also: note the visual difference. But then again, the first is a screen taken from the trailer.

Derrick01

Banned
I think it looks great and I'm looking forward to their E3 demo that's supposedly going to show open ended gameplay.

Top Bottom