• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
WEGY5vo.png

SEASON HIGHLIGHTS

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Setwowa.png

| Kyoto Animation | Manga | PV1 | PV2 |

Little Witch Academia (TV)
XAYTYYX.png

| Trigger | Original | PV1 | PV2 | Little Witch Academia TV |OT| A Believing Heart is Your Magic |

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
DmH0jAq.png

| Studio Deen | Light Novel | PV1 | KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!! |

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
06jLV6S.png

| Studio Deen | Manga | CM1 |

Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)
ase292v.png

| Lerche | Manga | PV1 | PV2 |

Gintama.
kELCObd.png

| Sunrise | Manga | PV1 |

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interviews With Monster Girls)
vHC7Irz.png

| A-1 Pictures | Manga | PV1 | PV2 | PV3 |

Akiba's Trip The Animation
c0NcI52.png

| Gonzo | Game | Trailer 1 | Trailer 2 |

Urara Meirochou
wtYUb8A.png

| J.C.Staff | 4-koma Manga | PV1 |

MOVIE HIGHLIGHTS

Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen
UVUdp9N.png

| Shaft | Light Novel | Trailer |

Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale
Q7tCT8A.png

| A-1 Pictures | Light Novel | Trailer |

 
SIMULCAST SCHEDULE

Simulcast timezone converter

Details the seasonal anime shows, shorts, movies and OVAs.

All Simulcast times are listed as UTC+00:00

Monday
5:00 Tales of Zestria the X
cE2spqV.png

16:00 Gabriel DropOut
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Chiruran 1/2
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
17B2PFm.png

TBD ONIHEI
YD9xF6N.png

Tuesday
16:00 ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Hand Shakers
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Kemono Friends
17B2PFm.png

Wednesday
14:00 Akiba's Trip The Animation
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Piacevole
17B2PFm.png

16:00 One Room
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
17B2PFm.png

17:00 CHAOS;CHILD
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
17B2PFm.png

Thursday
16:00 Masamune-kun's Revenge
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang
17B2PFm.png

16:40 Koro Sensei Quest!
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Super Lovers 2
17B2PFm.png

TBD Scum's Wish
YD9xF6N.png

Friday
13:30 FOREST FAIRY FIVE
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Saga of Tanya the Evil
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Fuuka
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel
17B2PFm.png

18:30 Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc
17B2PFm.png

19:45 Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceita
17B2PFm.png

20:45 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
17B2PFm.png

Saturday
6:00 Seiren
17B2PFm.png

6:00 URARA MEIROCHO
vLIADRB.png

14:00 BanG Dream!
17B2PFm.png

14:30 Spiritpact
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Rewrite: Moon and Terra
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Interviews With Monster Girls
17B2PFm.png

18:45 SENGOKUCHOJYUGIGA Season 2
17B2PFm.png

Sunday
16:30 Idol Incidents
17B2PFm.png

17:00 ēlDLIVE
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Nyanko Days
17B2PFm.png

19:15 Yami Shibai 4th Season
17B2PFm.png

19:35 Gintama.
17B2PFm.png

TBD Little Witch Academia (TV)
6gkwHJm.png

 
17B2PFm.png
- Crunchyroll
cE2spqV.png
- Funimation
GfekrDR.png
- Daisuki
88kOei1.png
- Amazon Prime
YD9xF6N.png
- Anime Strike
vLIADRB.png
- The Anime Network
6gkwHJm.png
- Netflix

CONTINUING SHOWS

OFFICIAL THREADS

AIR DATES (Quote to see)

Reminder: No linking to pirate download sites, or directions on how to get torrents, fansubs, etc.

Line_HTX

Fully fledged Kiss Shot form, mmhmm~

Aqua is a Pile of Poo.

KyoAni literally bringing a Dragon in as a working maid, whut...

zulux21

yay new thread
New year means new posters, and the power of random selection has elected zulux21 and kewlmyc!

Congratulations you two!

no thanks to me :p

only show missing from the OP I would have had in it is the loli businessman show :p

Line_HTX

Akiba's Trip the Animation has no Shion or that Kimi Raikkonen ripoff from the game. Sad!

Alright, because it's Diomedia, Fuuka looks pretty good from its PV's. This better be worth the weird hype I've been hearing.

Mother's Basement posted his anime of 2016 vid:

https://youtu.be/bP7dK6xIuLw

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

I mean I really appreciate him repping Rakugo but boy was this video long-winded and too dry to sell Rakugo on the audience that avoided it for now. Also, while I understand the importance of clarifying your own view point and why something is important to you, the guy spend 50% of the time talking about himself and other hardly relevant matters instead of concisely presenting the strength of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu by itself. A tad ironic when he praises the writing of the show while his own for this video was anything but.

Also:

Because to me it's a modern classic on par with the best the medium has to offer. It deserves the same recognition we give to the likes of Bebop, FMA and Clannad.

thinking.gif

Quasar

I wonder when/if netflix will say anything about their LWA plans, or whether people will be forced back onto fansubs.

Ditto Amazon and Scums Wish, though knowing Amazon they simply will deny US people access to it.

Quasar

I mean I really appreciate him repping Rakugo but boy was this video long-winded and too dry to sell Rakugo on the audience that avoided it for now. Also, while I understand the importance of clarifying your own view point and why something is important to you, the guy spend 50% of the time talking about himself and other hardly relevant matters instead of concisely presenting the strength of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu by itself. A tad ironic when he praises the writing of the show while his own for this video was anything but.

I have no idea how you pimp Rakugo to an audience like crunchyroll voters overall. It would be just as hard doing it to the IGN anime community I imagine.

Reminds me of the youtubers trying to pimp Great Passage, which as much as I adore it, I have no idea how to pimp that show to the youtube audience. I admire them for trying though.

Repost for new thread:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested:

We'll most likely be going sometime in week 42-44.

Going for 8-13 days. Half in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

Estimated budget should be about $1000+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first half in Tokyo and about $2000+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order your own flight by late April 2017.

I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which will no longer have the giant Gundam statue, but there's other interesting stuff there as well)
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
KyoAni Shop
Nipponbashi
Temples and shrines in Kyoto
Check out the deer in Nara
Uji (The city shown in Sound! Euphonium)
Daytrip to Hiroshima
KyoAni Do event
Other things you want to check out

Here's pictures from the Fall 2015 K-On GAF Japan trip we did (only the Tokyo part):
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Oh, and we also met up with other people from GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108613

People who's shown interest:

Theonik
image.php

Line_HTX
image.php

Fatal Futanari
image.php

kpjolee
image.php

PshycoNinja
image.php

Thoraxes
image.php

StayDead
image.php

RurouniZel
image.php

PdotMichael
image.php

zswordsman
image.php

PM me here or on Twitter if you're interested.

-

Line_HTX

I wonder when/if netflix will say anything about their LWA plans, or whether people will be forced back onto fansubs.

Ditto Amazon and Scums Wish, though knowing Amazon they simply will deny US people access to it.

Still waiting on The Great Passage... This is getting real frustrating to be honest.

duckroll

What's there to say? We know what to expect with Netflix. It will be the same as Kuromukuro. When the season ends in March, we wait a week or two, and the entire set will be up on Netflix. No big deal.

zulux21

Yeah. I'm glad the action is back to melee stuff too, instead of boring ass Gun Girl Online crap.

Then you don't know me at all.

I know I can never trust what you say :(

and I just assume that everyone on neogaf hates sword art online :p

in other thoughts... is it only me that thinks that hand shakers looks more like a video game than an anime @_@

Wall of Shame:
Code:
Cornbread78	888
MetroidPrimeRib	785
hosannainexcelsis	696
Narag	619
duckroll	587
Line_HTX	584
Dedication Through Light	563
GoldCrusader	539
Jarmel	511
Admiral Woofington	475
nintendoman58	432
Qurupeke	428
names2hard4you	419
phaze	375
SliceSabre	356
Jexhius	341
blurr	330
Haly	324
Quasar	319
Hellwarden	276
Thud	275
TUSR	247
Szadek	227
Taruranto	219
NaDannMaGoGo	219
Shard	214
MikeHattsu	214
Ascheroth	197
Valdfellgar	194
PdotMichael	189
dimb	188
JulianImp	183
KuwabaraTheMan	182
jgminto	173
BGBW	164
Basileus777	147
Exalted	135
firehawk12	133
Sterok	129
Thoraxes	127
8 X 11 Printer Paper	126
Turin Turambar	112
ThatChairMan	101
javac	100

Line_HTX

I fell off in Autumn since I was busy, but I should have a little more free this Winter. There are definitely less distractions around this time.

Quasar

What's there to say? We know what to expect with Netflix. It will be the same as Kuromukuro. When the season ends in March, we wait a week or two, and the entire set will be up on Netflix. No big deal.

Well they do air some shows weekly in some regions. Or given the nature of LWA do they hang on till they have a dub first?

zulux21

I "hate" Sword Art Online, but I'm always excited when they go into a new MMO and when there's cool action animation. :p

fair enough it does look like it should have some good action.

and even though I like sword art online... I do find it a bit odd that it can get such a good looking film while bersek gets treated like it does @_@

well not that odd, I imagine sword art sells a lot more merch, but still...

I fell off in Autumn since I was busy, but I should have a little more free this Winter. There are definitely less distractions around this time.

I fall off randomly lol.

with funimation doing more broadcast dubs it makes it harder for me to be in the thread as I am typically weeks behind and have very little self control when it comes to black boxes lol.

duckroll

No. I know I've watched a few shows weekly in Australia. Not any anime so far admittedly, but other shows from japan and elsewhere (hopefully S2 of the Expanse next month).

Huh. That's certainly interesting. It's hard to tell how any of this is planned or decided because Netflix doesn't like talking about it.

Quasar

Huh. That's certainly interesting. It's hard to tell how any of this is planned or decided because Netflix doesn't like talking about it.

It is weird. Netflix is totally inconsistent with their approach. Originally their philosophy was just to dump shows a season at a time, now not so much and it seems random what shows are weekly and for what regions. For instance right now I can see that netflix is streaming the new CW show Frequency weekly in Australia. Also Shadow Hunters and Shooter and the asian show (I guess korean) Miss in Kiss.

For anime I assumed Netflix wouldn't go weekly because they wanted to release dubs. Then they released Kuromokuro without a dub initially so I'm not sure they have a concrete policy even with anime.

Just T

She has Shiny Rod in the promotional posters.

And the PV shows her as a kid, and what seems to be first day at Luna Nova.

I don't believe the TV show will be exclusive to a time period before or after the OVAs.
Yeah I looked at a screening impression and seems that while it starts over it's not exactly like the OVAs.

Flippity Flap Flap

Only anime I followed somewhat regularly during fall season after following some of the hype here. What a mistake.

The start was intriguing and the episodic nature of the first half of the season was decent enough with great animation though some questionable direction. Then it all fell apart around episode 9. The last episode was a complete disaster. I thought the first episode was confusing but the last episode made the first episode look coherent.

Note to self. Never watch anime unless it has been well vetted.

/XX/

Worst case scenario; if it isn't split 'cours', we have to wait for 25 EPISODES to air before Netflix makes it available globally! :-/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wall of Shame:
Code:
firehawk12	133
Really surprised I made the list. lol

Repost for new thread:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested:

We'll most likely be going sometime in week 42-44.

Going for 8-13 days. Half in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

-
Hopefully I'll have some kind of jerb by April and can make some plans. Alternatively, I'll be back in school which means more debt and less time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom