• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Giacchino posts Clip from Spider-Man Homecoming OST -> Classic Theme

Where anything with an actual melody usually goes.

The old spiderman movies and practically every dc one use their hero themes throughout their movies tho

This should be worked in as a motif for spiderman in general. If it's just a credits song then that would be disappointing

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, honestly, I'm finding GameProff's orgasmic reaction a little odd.

I said it in the other thread, but since not everyone reads the Community thread, I will say it again - I had a really bad evening, and this somehow makes me super happy again.
I am aware that I am going a bit bonkers right now ;)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
My guess is it's for the end credits.

I'd rather Giacchino work his magic and make a new theme for Spidey anyway.

Sephzilla

giphy.gif

I freaking love this man. Probably my favourite composer ever (and thats a difficult thibg to accomplish with such masters at the helm). I so nice to see a composer that when he works with a frachise with an already love theme he works into his soindtrack in superfun ways.

He did the same in Speed Racer and that soudtrack is the soundtrack of gods (paying tribute not only to the american them but also to the japanese theme).
And the incredibles sounding like a bond movie.
And heck he should have composed the soudtrack of Godzilla instead of the uninspired shit we got, because the work he did for the cloverfield credits was an ode to the real stuff.

If it was me I would use him to compose all the DC movies instead of the mediocrity music Zimmer has been making on past years.

Loxley

That sounded...okay I guess? I'd need to hear the whole thing. It's a cool novelty to hear it performed by an orchestra, but that wasn't really mindblowing or anything. It'll take a lot to top Elfman's theme.

It's hard to say from a 30 sec clip but it certainly sounds much more memorable and hum-able than many of the other comic book themes. And that is a good thing!

That sounded...okay I guess? I'd need to hear the whole thing. It's a cool novelty to hear it performed by an orchestra, but that wasn't really mindblowing or anything. It'll take a lot to top Elfman's theme.

Yeah I got hyped thinking it was gonna be using the Elfman theme. This is nice but that would have been 🔥🔥

Wouldnt surprise me actually he added a little nod to the elfman theme somewhere, if someone was going to do that, thats Michael Giacchino.

Cant wait to read the title of the tracks of the ost, the guy is so fun and creative when it comes to them.
The Spider-Credits is a given already lol

Yeah I got hyped thinking it was gonna be using the Elfman theme. This is nice but that would have been 🔥🔥

I dunno, this hasn't been done like this before in any of the other movies and just because Raimi made the first Spider-man movie doesn't mean, to me, that it's the definitive one or something--likewise with the music. Elfman did the first theme, but to me, it's a theme. James Horner did his own theme for Amazing Spider-man which I thought was great too.

This needs to be its own entity, and pulling themes from a previous movie series just makes it feel too connected to that. When you hear that music you think of Raimi's movies. When I hear Giacchino's music I want to think of Homecoming and not a series that was great at first but fucked itself and died.

kunonabi

Better than Elfman's awful theme but I think I still like Horner's better. I like the idea of reworking the 60's theme but I'm not sold on the execution from that small sample.

phanphare

Banned
eh, not feeling it

this feels like the one instance where I'd actually prefer raimi's take where he gave a nod to the old song with the street performers doing it. mixing it in with the orchestration puts what is essentially a dumb theme song from the 60's on a greater pedestal than it deserves. of course I'll wait to see how it's implemented in the movie and am still hyped beyond belief.

Better than Elfman's awful theme but I think I still like Horner's better. I like the idea of reworking the 60's theme but I'm not sold on the execution from that small sample.

This won't be Giacchino's main theme for the film. He likes to reference old school things but uses them as a parallel to his own original stuff.

It's really too bad that Sony's gonna ruin the deal by trying to make a shared Spider-Man universe. Enjoy it while you can, folks. Smh

I can't remember anything from the ASM movies' score.

The themes surrounding Gwen in the second movie were surprisingly pretty damn good. I thought they overdid the Spidey theme with the horns, though. Nigga ain't Superman, cut that shit out.

Outside of the Avengers and Guardians, the MCU really doesn't have any character with memorable themes. That really needs to change with Spidey and Capt. Marvel (hell, Black Panther too, I liked the notes that played whenever he showed up in Civil War, they sounded kinda tribal).

I just need one proper spider man movie

then I'll need more

but for now one will do

Homecoming is gonna be amazing and spell our doom because general audiences are gonna want more MCU Spidey after seeing it and they're gonna think Venom is part of it and lmfaaaaaooooooo I hate Sony so fucking much, why????????????

Them being the odd men out among comic movie companies and their film division being generally poor is driving this, and I hate it.

phanphare

Banned
Homecoming is gonna be amazing and spell our doom because general audiences are gonna want more MCU Spidey after seeing it and they're gonna think Venom is part of it and lmfaaaaaooooooo I hate Sony so fucking much, why????????????

Them being the odd men out among comic movie companies and their film division being generally poor is driving this, and I hate it.

could be worse. we could be getting zero MCU spidey movies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I grew up with this theme and in primary school we would make up or repeat changed lyrics, "Spider-Man Spider-Man swings across the toilet pan..." etc. so this sounds super goofy to me. But cute.

He could be using it through the whole soundtrack, is not the first time he does this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttaYhMr533w&channel=UC5BlPA5A4RMzvJRQ10SLmAw

In those credits (and the whole ost) theres nods to the american theme of Speed Racer, the Mach go go japanese theme, his own original stuff and even used the old sound of the car jumping from the anime as an instrument.

Im still sad that the Wachowskis didnt decided to recreate this ending from the anime with the giacchino music (and to anyone that says it would look stupid, the ending visuals from the real movie look MUCH worse than trying to recreate this part).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYrWTMmh89o&channel=UCNgBdrHI2hRiLXbr8ulVRBQ

plainr_

This is fucking great. Michael Giacchino rang Marvel up to do this movie so I trust he will deliver a great memorable score.

Top Bottom