• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Really hope there's no leaks and that NDA gets taken seriously by everybody there. Impressions are fine. All I wanna see is "amazing" basically.

That's where I sit, I am debating if I should go on some sort of blackout right now or not in case anything more gets said, but as it premire's in less than two days now I don't really want to know much more about the new season except for broad non-spoilery few word thoughts of those that watch it tonight.

Dusk Golem

I'll admit I'd still be excited even if they came back about Lynch going up his own ass and insulted at what they've seen.

But I actually like Inland Empire and I liked Fire Walk With Me the first time I saw it years ago, so that might say something about me. I very vividly remember reading up on how people thought FWWM was bad, so I was embraced for disappointment, but to be honest I loved it. Like I think FWWM has some of the best scenes in all of Twin Peaks and while it's darker than the main show I think it fit very tonally for the final days of Laura Palmer. I also loved the stuff outside of the main story too. I don't know, even when I first watched it I never understood the full-on hate for it. I can understand some were disappointed it didn't conclude the series like people wanted at the time, but the reactions I just never agreed with.

Happy people have finally started coming around to FWWM recently.

Why can't I be there...

DAO2KIiU0AAPNZB.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Uf, you're killing me, wander.

Happy people have finally started coming around to FWWM recently.

Something very curious about this is that people who still don't like it call people who like it "revisionists". One of the most absurd things I've read recently. As if one can't like different things.

Dusk Golem

Uf, you're killing me, wander.

Something very curious about this is that people who still don't like it call people who like it "revisionists". One of the most absurd things I've read recently. As if one can't like different things.

Revisionist? The general perception of something can change over time. I don't think anyone would say FWWM was particularly well received when it first came out, there's popular incidents to it being panned. I can accept some people don't like it and the history of it, but I am happy people have been growing on it recently. But I can honestly say I've always liked Fire Walk With Me ever since I saw it, I personally never understood the hate for it. And as someone who liked the movie and thought it was a great addition to Twin Peaks, I'm happy more are finally watching it and many changing their modern viewpoint on it.

Dusk Golem

Did anyone get the feeling that madeline zima let something slip in her interview?

If no one acknowledges it then technically nothing slipped, but I did get the feeling when watching she was being a bit more open about stuff but I can't quite place my finger on why I thought that either since nothing she said seemed particularly telling at a single listen.

The airs people can give to others is fascinating to think about though, and one thing I loved about watching the interviews earlier is so many people on the cast have very distinctive airs about them which is just enjoyable to see.

superfly

The interviewer asked what is was like working with the old cast and her response was that she hoped she would get to meet kyle maclachlan at the premiere which suggests they didn't work together on set.

The interviewer asked what is was like working with the old cast and her response was that she hoped she would get to meet kyle maclachlan at the premiere which suggests they didn't work together on set.

Figured that was what you meant, yeah for a second I was thinking she'd have one of the bigger roles, potentially playing agent Tamara Preston. Probably not now.

Dusk Golem

OH, you reminded me what it was. When she was talking she seemed more open but she made it sound like her role in the new series might of been minimal because she was asked about working with and people she wished and she did mention she hopes she can meet Kyle, I do recall that specifically. While that's hardly a huge leak or anything, it's more than we get out of most of em' so I get what you mean.

I also will add she seemed she wanted to express something but decided it was a bad idea since they have to be tight-lipped right now. But there's very little you could pull from what she said right now knowing very little else, and you could even argue that maybe she did work with Kyle but said as a dream she "wishes she would", but didn't say she did because it's not confirmed yet and may have been hinting to her mother that a dream of hers may come true. Like it could be straight and she didn't have any scenes with Kyle, OOORRR it could be the opposite, the questioner asked her of what dreams she had going onto Twin Peaks and she mentioned meeting Kyle and her mom is a huge fan so she would like to meet him, but maybe she says it like that because she has scenes with him in the new season but expresses that thought because it might make her mother's dream come true and since the cast are acting like they know nothing of the new season she says it like that because she "doesn't know" if she has scenes with Kyle but "it'd be cool to meet him."

Dusk Golem

What if it's Kyle McLachlan's role that's minimal ��

It could very well be so. The weird thing is I could see it potentially going down this route (though it wouldn't be my first guess), but we know so little it's really hard to say anything.

When I tune in to watch the season, I really have very little idea of what to expect honestly.

Ashby

Wow. Just got to Denise's introduction. Cooper is such a great guy and I appreciate how realistically uncomfortable Hawk and Truman are in comparison.

Dusk Golem

I love how one of the only things we solidly know about the new season is a large cast of people who are in it and how much that large group of people don't know and are even kept in the dark.

Being kept mostly in the dark, one of the only things we know is most of the cast and how they're mostly kept in the dark.

Wow. Just got to Denise's introduction. Cooper is such a great guy and I appreciate how realistically uncomfortable Hawk and Truman are in comparison.

I'm REALLY happy Denise is in the new season, love the character.

Flipyap

Interview with Cara Brower, the new show's art director.
(...) there are no spoilers in this interview. Lynch put the cast and crew on a non-disclosure agreement. That’s right, not one peep about the show until the five-year ban, which came into effect during production in 2015, is up.

“This project is very special to David,” Brower explained over the phone from Los Angeles. “It’s been percolating in his mind for a very long time and he just wants everybody to be as surprised as possible—the five year ban is the best way to ensure that no secrets are spoiled.”
... and Albert, if you come through New York, I can recommend a place for Lynch, the Showtime network. They got an NDA there that will kill ya!

Dusk Golem

Interview with Cara Brower, the new show's art director.

... and Albert, if you come through New York, I can recommend a place for Lynch, the Showtime network. They got an NDA there that will kill ya!

A five year ban? That's much more than I expected.

I'm just imagining if this show blows up and the actors get a lot of attention, the series has finished airing and they still can't answer anything about it.

I'm just imagining if this show blows up and the actors get a lot of attention, the series has finished airing and they still can't answer anything about it.

It was probably just to cover delays. Of course they'll be able to talk about it after its finished.

There's no way everybodys stickin to that. Somebody gonna get drunk at a party and blab some aspect of production. No way around it.

DAPAgCgUIAANt48.jpg

This a man that knows exactly who he is.

Dusk Golem

It was probably just to cover delays. Of course they'll be able to talk about it after its finished.

I know that's why but the thought amuses me.

"So you were popular in the new season of Twin Peaks, how did you enjoy your role?"

"I can't say."

"Can't say what?"

"What my role is."

"But we've all seen the new season, and know yo-"

"Sorry, I can't confirm or deny anything."

I know they'll probably life it with it airing and it was in case anything happened to delay it, but the thought still amuses me.

I'm lookin at all these green carpet tweets and the sheer number of new young faces in the cast has me entirely confused how most of these roles and characters are gonna play out with an already chunky cast of the old guard being in place. Coop must be makin a lot of stops along the way back to town. Another idea is a portion are new Lodge denizens.

Presumably there will be drama that stretches across generations. There's no young people left from the old cast. Got to get new blood on there.

Dusk Golem

There's a lot of possibilities. We have Twin Peaks itself 25 years later, and the town probably has new people in it from 25 years... Like hell, Andy and Lucy's child will be 25 years old or so in the new season. Then you have the Red Room dezians of course. Then we also know that Twin Peaks isn't the only American town that'll be in the new season, so we probably have some residents from other towns. Then you also can't forget government, the show has government as a cast and there may be new field agents.

Obviously not all 230+ speaking parts are big characters, but when you start thinking about it the big cast makes sense. It'll be interesting to see how many end up being 'big' and how it's split out though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I have to agree that each actor seems to have their own great vibes. Madeline Zima seemed to be one step away from fan-girl'ing there over the thought of just having participated in the whole thing.

It was great. They all seem like great people.

Revisionist? The general perception of something can change over time. I don't think anyone would say FWWM was particularly well received when it first came out, there's popular incidents to it being panned. I can accept some people don't like it and the history of it, but I am happy people have been growing on it recently. But I can honestly say I've always liked Fire Walk With Me ever since I saw it, I personally never understood the hate for it. And as someone who liked the movie and thought it was a great addition to Twin Peaks, I'm happy more are finally watching it and many changing their modern viewpoint on it.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It's literally some people who don't think others can have differing opinions.

Dusk Golem

It's like it was made to be perfect for a twitter announcement twenty-something years later.

There's so many things that just coincided to be perfect for a revival. The "I'll see you again in 25-years" line, the gum line, the "It's happening again," line, and even small things like the Man from Another Place saying, "The next time you see me, it won't be me."

Lines that became pop culture hits and things that were in the original show that were obviously not planned for such a thing but work perfectly with the revival happening. As Lynch would say, it's all cosmic and nature presenting opportunities to take.

It's honestly surreal that we're already at the weekend when the show premieres. I feel like we've had to wait longer than most highly-anticipated films, so that fact we'll be seeing 22% of this season by Sunday night, and still have no idea what to expect, is a little wild.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, launched a weekly podcast for Twin Peaks. The first episode is up, discussing relationship with the show and expectations:

Dark Mood Woods: A Twin Peaks

.JayZii

Banned
There's so many things that just coincided to be perfect for a revival. The "I'll see you again in 25-years" line, the gum line, the "It's happening again," line, and even small things like the Man from Another Place saying, "The next time you see me, it won't be me."

Lines that became pop culture hits and things that were in the original show that were obviously not planned for such a thing but work perfectly with the revival happening. As Lynch would say, it's all cosmic and nature presenting opportunities to take.
^^

smisk

In the latter half of season 2 and I gotta say, the scenes of Ben waving a Confederate flag don't age very well (from a PC standpoint anyway). Though clearly he's unhinged so maybe it's not that big a deal.

Between Amazon Prime, PS Vue and Showtime main site, what do you think is the best one to subscribe to for the highest quality video stream?

Haven't used the other two, but I've always had great experiences with Amazon's video player so I'm going that route.

Ashby

Okay, that Twin Peaks Survival Guide is nuts.

Denise: Now can we talk about something more important, exactly how old is that girl?

Coop: Denise I would assume you're no longer interested in girls.

Denise: I may be wearing a dress but I still put my panties on one leg at a time if you know what I mean.

Coop: Not really.

Is the best fucking dialogue in this show yet. I'm dying.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Just finished the show right now... I

I've been staring at my keyboard for 10 minutes....

I don't know what to say....

still don't know what to say.. I want more.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Yes.

I rented it on Amazon.

Done. Doing now. This is a prequel though right? How the hell does season 3 even work with the way season 2 ends? Though with so many years in between it somehow seems perfect. My mind is still reeling. Such vibrant characters suddenly gone. Is it weird that I will genuinely miss fictional people that don't come back for the new season? There was just too much to empathize with while been captured by "what the living hell is going on?"

Does anything new get explained in Fire Walk With Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom