• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (both games) coming to Switch, Aug 31st

NolbertoS

I bought it for the 3DS, come on Nintendo gimme a discount :(.

i'll still double dip because the game was fun

davedc226

I JUST bought this for 3DS this week. I guess it's time to start waiting on what new ports the Switch is getting within the next few months.

What are the chances we see Mario Maker on Switch? Cuz I just picked that up for 3DS recently too, lol

me0wish

Didn't like the first game much, but I hope this will be 60 fps, or I won't give this series a second chance.

Astral Dog

I JUST bought this for 3DS this week. I guess it's time to start waiting on what new ports the Switch is getting within the next few months.

What are the chances we see Mario Maker on Switch? Cuz I just picked that up for 3DS recently too, lol
Just play it on 3DS its ok

SkyOdin

I bought the 3DS Striker Pack last holiday season. Gunvolt 1 is a great game with a lot of replayibility. In particular, Gunvolt is a really fun character to control. The game really demonstrates the expertise IntiCreates built up working on the Mega Man series. I would recommend Gunvolt to anyone who was a fan of IntiCreates's previous Mega Man games.

I still haven't found the time to finish Gunvolt 2 yet, though.

0612936cff.jpg

there'll be special edition that comes with the ova & drama cd

Giolon

Eh, I'd probably double dip on Switch. Wasn't a giant fan, but it's not like we've got Mega Man X for the system yet.

Fireblend

Banned
I didn't like the first game enough to double dip, but I'm glad to see it come to Switch to beef up the eshop offering at least :)

Beartruck

Mighty Gunvolt Burst looks like more of a sequel than a port. The sprite of Gunvolt in the switch version is much more detailed than the 3ds version.

The most important part of the Striker Pack re-release:
http://inticreates.com/mighty-gunvolt-burst-azure-striker-gunvolt-striker-pack-switch-bitsummit/
Gameplay Upgraded from 30 FPS to 60 FPS

Since the 3DS game was created with emphasis on the visual aspects of the game, it was only able to run at 30 FPS on that system, but thanks to more powerful new hardware, 60 FPS Gunvolt is here for the first time. The biggest difference between the former 30 FPS and the new 60 FPS can be felt while playing as Copen, the super-quick, high-flying playable character from Gunvolt 2.

Was kind of hoping they'd add the ability to play as one of the many cool looking female characters they have instead of only having the choice of dude or dude, but I guess I should check this out anyhoo :3

Where are you getting that from? It doesn't say eShop only anywhere? The fact that it's called "Striker Pack" sorta implies physical, as that's what the retail release on 3DS was called.
Oh I just assumed it since at the end it said "coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop" but nothing about physical.

Most likely I'm wrong haha.

EDIT: What Thoraxes said!

Top Bottom