• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

Kind of a bad pic, but here's Xenogears
GqKVwl.jpg

Roto13

So tired of explaining it that you don't actually explain it and complain about it instead?

Yes, just that tired.

Long story short: The game game says "pause for X number of seconds" and not "pause until thing is finished loading." Same for Chrono Trigger.

And sometime within the next 50 posts, someone will ask if it helps or not.

aett

It's so weird that I can download the Japanese release of Mega Man 2 through the Vita store but I can't download any of my American releases.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Gotcha, thanks all! So I can get 3/6 on my Vita by buying it on my PS3 then transferring it eh? I may have to do this..

Bearpowers

Neo Member
If I buy FF7 right now via mediago(No access to PS3 atm) do you think I could download it via my download history on my Vita?

Edit:
I mean right now, without the shop having been updated.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Okay, I'm done with all my games now. I guess I should give a list of games that don't work:

- R-Type Delta
- Grandia (Aeana will not be pleased)
- Legend of Mana
- Chrono Cross

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FF VI PSX is still the worst version of the game released. Sound effects are off and it has nasty load times.

Looks pretty decent on the Vita though.

Anyone knows what's the deal with sony and the bubbles?Why did they switch from installed applications to bubbles?

It wouldn't be as grating if there was at least a way to put a category onto them.

kdoll08

aett
(Today, 11:38 PM)

It's so weird that I can download the Japanese release of Mega Man 2 through the Vita store but I can't download any of my American releases.

Is it at least letting you access your memory card after you went from japan account to US account? Because I was on the japanese side when the update hit and now it looks like it is locking my japan account straight to my memory card. I used to be able to switch accounts freely I just could only play the games on the account I was signed into.

Astral

How exactly do I transfer from the PS3 to the Vita? I go to Content Manager, PS3 to Vita, Applications, and then Applications downloaded on the PS3 but it just says there's no content.

Raine

If I buy FF7 right now via mediago(No access to PS3 atm) do you think I could download it via my download history on my Vita?

Edit:
I mean right now, without the shop having been updated.

I doubt it. I can't download FF7 via the download history from my Vita

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the same deal for Chrono Trigger, yes?

CT has even worse loadtimes. FF V PSX is the worst though.

FF IV is awesome though and despite less content I much prefer it to the PSP version.

Very sad about CC and Legend of Mana though, those were two games I wanted to play soon. Guess I'll have to slum it up on the big screen for now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
qdLJ8.png

You win, Square.

Like a
milked and taken to the woodshed
boss :p

I've bought FFT 4 times as well ><

How exactly do I transfer from the PS3 to the Vita? I go to Content Manager, PS3 to Vita, Applications, and then Applications downloaded on the PS3 but it just says there's no content.

Are the games installed? Make sure they are not. Otherwise, works fine here.

Oh this is a nice list. I'm happy. When I went to dinner I was pissed thinking it would be those few games..come back and everything is cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... while this is here, would I be right if I assume that Japan has a way bigger and better selection of games for their PSone Classics line?

They've had Einhander for YEARS. Like... since 2007 or whenever PSX support on the PSN store started. Japan PSN has been #winning for YEARS. ...but only if you are able to read Japanese. Otherwise you're fucked like the rest of us. :(

Xena

Well.... I guess this is it, I'll HAVE to get a bigger sd card..... dang Sony for making it so expensive.

Bog

Junior Ace
Weird, Mega Man 2 and 3 download fine from the Vita, but it's almost like the download button for 1 isn't working.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Suikoden and Vagrant Story need to be added to that list, I copied them from my ps3.

Top Bottom