• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Mine has been slowing down lately, as in taking longer to boot up than normal. Nothing too major but noticeable. Hope it's not a sign.

It kinda seems to me like the Vita is just terrible at managing large amounts of data over long periods of time.

I'm hoping it's just a OS issue and not a defective hardware. If it is I'll probably just downsize to a 16GB again...

It kinda seems to me like the Vita is just terrible at managing large amounts of data over long periods of time.

I'm hoping it's just a OS issue and not a defective hardware. If it is I'll probably just downsize to a 16GB again...

I'm wondering if it's just because I've got ever increasing amount of bubbles on my screen lately (all my retail games are kept on one Vita), therefore that's a lot more stuff it has to store in short/long term memory.

I am slightly worried about the long-term viability of storing stuff on Vita though, especially with the proprietary memory cards.

I had to reformat a 8GB card yesterday. I think it just depends on the card. I had downloaded and deleted a lot of games on that card, probably just junk left over from the deletes messing up the works.

I had to format my 64GB since it was acting up :/

A few games which were on the card for a long time had loading issues or crashed the system, so I rebuild database, which made half of my bubbles disappear. Then I checked the content manager and most data was shown under "Other" and saw that a lot of games showed the wrong size, only a few KB in some cases. Deleted the offending games, rebuild database again and things seemed to be mostly fine. Still decided to format just in case. Redownloaded about 10 GB of games (fuck games with a lot of DLC) again and it works fine so far.

I hope that doesn't mean rip memory card. Did something like that ever happen to anyone else?
I had this exact issue, but on my 32 gb, so I think it's just a Vita issue.
Memory corruption and weirdness. For example, I could launch and play Norn9 but it was displaying a file size of around 300kb when its at least 2gb and when I launched it I had crashes, graphical glitches, and weird sound.
Rebuilding and redownloading fixed it.

18-Volt

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/bandai-namco-trademarks-hackers-memory-europe

Bamco have trademarked 'Hacker's Memory' in Europe.

Now we play the waiting game to see if Vita version or not.

(And then we play the second waiting game to see if Asian-English version or not :p)

They had a valid excuse for Next Order but they have none for this. And if they bring only PS4 version while there is a save transfer, they would be deliberately screwing fans.

Same goes for Koei Tecmo, they have no reason whatsoever not to bring Vita version of Blue Reflection. Game even runs much better than recent Atelier games.

I had this exact issue, but on my 32 gb, so I think it's just a Vita issue.
Memory corruption and weirdness. For example, I could launch and play Norn9 but it was displaying a file size of around 300kb when its at least 2gb and when I launched it I had crashes, graphical glitches, and weird sound.
Rebuilding and redownloading fixed it.

Yeah this is exactly what happened and it definitely seems like random file corruption. I'm relieved to hear this, thanks :)

I fixed it for one game by redownloading but since multiple games had it I just went for a full format. Everything seems good again now.

Wolfgame are porting a separate game to Vita outside of VA-11 HALL-A:

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/843960670769106946

you'll know soon but this mystery might also be coming out on discs ;)))

I didn't quite get what he meant by that sentence. That the game is also coming to PS4 with a physical release? I guessed DiscStorm, but he didn't seem to respond to that part of the tweet.

As a side note, apparently Door Kicker's devs have said the port is on the back-burner while they focus on DK2; and that they also don't know any coders who could tackle Vita. I suggested they contact Wolfgame and it seems things went (provisionally) well:

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/843852507726123008

So maybe, just maybe, something will come of that.

edit: AND FINALLY for Wolfgame news, it seems VA-11 HALL-A will have a platinum trophy:

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/843961458375475201

C7ZaZ8RV0AA70wJ.jpg

i-Jest

I'm wondering if it's just because I've got ever increasing amount of bubbles on my screen lately (all my retail games are kept on one Vita), therefore that's a lot more stuff it has to store in short/long term memory.

I am slightly worried about the long-term viability of storing stuff on Vita though, especially with the proprietary memory cards.

Modded Vita's with SD cards would be amazing right now.

Saphirax

Paging Kresnik

Digimon story CS Hacker's memory is coming out in Europe 2018 for both ps4 and vita.

Japanese VA and digital only for the Vita.

Paging Kresnik

Digimon story CS Hacker's memory is coming out in Europe 2018 for both ps4 and vita.

Japanese VA and digital only for the Vita.

Well then. Bamco redeemed. And I just finished writing my article looking at their Vita support too:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/a-history-of-vita-games-spotlight-on-bandai-namco/

That isn't the news I wanted to hear. This and Accel world, guess they're done with physical releases. Boo.

Saphirax

I take back what I said. I don't want EXP inc self-publishing their games. SoSC is still nowhere to be seen in EU.

Edit: To the surprise of no one the P-A listing for the Asian release of DG2 now says "Announced - Pre-orders opening soon. Expected to ship: tba".

Powwa

Good to hear Bamco decided to bring Digimon over, I was really skeptical. No physical is a bummer though. I think there is a small but dedicated audience for these releases as we can see from LRG and SE, why are the bigger companies so afraid of doing it? Is it because profit margin is not high enough?

German but no french subtitles? Huh, that's interesting. I played Cyber Sleuth in english and will keep it that way, but it is nice to see this addition. Seems like the Digimon community is still big here (and small in france?).

Anyway, will buy the Vita version D1. And probably the PS4 later on for the physical thrill and collector's sake.

German but no french subtitles? Huh, that's interesting. I played Cyber Sleuth in english and will keep it that way, but it is nice to see this addition. Seems like the Digimon community is still big here (and small in france?).

Someone in another thread said Digimon the anime was kinda mishandled in france and isn't too popular. Compared to that I always felt it was popular in Germany and the show was great.

The PS4 ver of Cyber Sleuth was pretty much sold out in the first few weeks here too.

Tohsaka

I take back what I said. I don't want EXP inc self-publishing their games. SoSC is still nowhere to be seen in EU.

Edit: To the surprise of no one the P-A listing for the Asian release of DG2 now says "Announced - Pre-orders opening soon. Expected to ship: tba".

Hope this doesn't become another Moero Crystal where they quietly drop the English translation.

I take back what I said. I don't want EXP inc self-publishing their games. SoSC is still nowhere to be seen in EU..

I completely forgot this came out tbh. Seems to have really slipped under the radar.

Drive Girls listing on Amazon UK?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XRR92DB/

(Credit to AJ77 on TVL forums)

(Apologies if already posted, haven't visited this thread for ages)

Uhh... what? Okay, this is news lol. I was planning on importing that in the coming months, will wait now.

None other than Rising Star Games too. They've had a really bizarre relationship with Vita. Did European releases for Sorcery Saga & Virtue's Last Reward, then didn't touch it for ages until La Mulana & Superbeat. Then there was all that drama with Poncho and they released Lumo late last year (at retail, surprisingly).

I'd imagine it was like, a cheap pick-up or something? Can't imagine it'd cost much to licence it or to translate it really.

Mind. Blown.

Continues in a long line of games following Mind=0; Sorcery Saga; Conception 2; Ray Gigant and plenty more I can't think of right now in the "I never in a million years thought this would be localized but here we are" category.

Vita has been a storming console for it, that's for sure.

Shizuka

Continues in a long line of games following Mind=0; Sorcery Saga; Conception 2; Ray Gigant and plenty more I can't think of right now in the "I never in a million years thought this would be localized but here we are" category.

Vita has been a storming console for it, that's for sure.

I expected to have my mind blown during its life, but certainly not during its final lap, with an exclusive no less.

Takao

Banned
Uhh... what? Okay, this is news lol. I was planning on importing that in the coming months, will wait now.

None other than Rising Star Games too. They've had a really bizarre relationship with Vita. Did European releases for Sorcery Saga & Virtue's Last Reward, then didn't touch it for ages until La Mulana & Superbeat. Then there was all that drama with Poncho and they released Lumo late last year (at retail, surprisingly).

I'd imagine it was like, a cheap pick-up or something? Can't imagine it'd cost much to licence it or to translate it really.

Bergsala owns 50% of RSG.

autoduelist

I've been out of the loop for a few months-- have there been any important (or just plain cool) releases in the past few months? I got a tablet for Xmas and have been lost in Android world but want to get back into my vita. I stopped paying attention right around grand kingdom, which I still need to pick up. Especially interested in drpgs but like almost every genre except vns.

Ephidel

It's a bit of a cheat as far as recommendations go but I remember you making posts advocating for Siralim last year, so you'd probably be interested in Siralim 2 which released last week :)

Kresnik, what did RSG tweet us? I found the notification, but when I went to check, the tweet had been deleted.

I've not had any notifications, but come to think of it I saw some conversation going on with MyPSVIta involving Drive Girls, but when I tried to click it, Twitter kinda crashed (presumably because Tweet was deleted) lol.

So I'm guessing they confirmed it then realised it was too soon and deleted. Maybe ask the MyPSVita guys :p

autoduelist

It's a bit of a cheat as far as recommendations go but I remember you making posts advocating for Siralim last year, so you'd probably be interested in Siralim 2 which released last week :)

Wow, no, that's a fantastic call out. Exactly the kind of gem I feared I missed. I've been go ogling and it looks like God Wars is coming out any day now and that looks great. I'm also curious about utawarerumono but can't quite figure out what it is.

I've found a couple good sites listing upcoming releases but they all seem to delete past month releases so quickly scanning the releases over the past few months us proving surprisingly difficult

Zhao_Yun

Wow, no, that's a fantastic call out. Exactly the kind of gem I feared I missed. I've been go ogling and it looks like God Wars is coming out any day now and that looks great. I'm also curious about utawarerumono but can't quite figure out what it is.

I've found a couple good sites listing upcoming releases but they all seem to delete past month releases so quickly scanning the releases over the past few months us proving surprisingly difficult

God Wars has been delayed until June.

Ephidel

God Wars has been delayed (again). NISA's comments on the delay are kind of interesting because they suggest that the English version might actually come out before the Japanese version, but I guess that just means even with the delays they're already at work on it.
Utawarerumono is an SRPG, but one with an awful lot of Visual Novel type content, so might not be your cup of tea.

Ryuzaki (importer and wordpresser I tend to trust the opinion of) seems to like AW vs. SAO on Vita so far. I've asked him about performance, no response yet though:

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/844627463019905024

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/844628240429932546

After a few hours in #SAOvsAW #PSVita it's rather decent. Overall gameplay far superior to #SAOHR

Still lots of animation/framerate pb but 3D models are nicer. Eyes follow the camera and stuff #SAOvsAW

Top Bottom