• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Sandfox

I loved this week's Deadpool. Such a great start to the crossover story with plenty good jokes and an actual good reason for the fighting.
Steve with the Ark of the Covenant and Mister Sinister getting a group text with a bunch of heroes numbers in it was good stuff.

Looking forward to the Image comics panel today, should be fun. Will be late UK time but should be able to follow it before I crash out. Is the DC rebirth panel today as well?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hopefully Image announces something interesting. Because so far most of the new stuff they are putting out this year looks like shit.

Do we have a schedule for all the panels?

It's all on the ECCC website. Image is 4:15 pst, DC is the hour before that. No idea about all the others but they're up there. You're Europe right, so that'll be an hour after me. 12ish tonight for DC for you then, 1am for Image.

Unless I fucked all that up.

dan2026

I just had a revelation last night in the wee hours of the morning while unable to sleep.

What if the mysterious Clark Kent impostor isn't any of the suspects put out by DC, or Superboy Prime.

But is in fact the
Pre-Crisis Golden Age Superman
This would make some sort of twisted sense with the way other Clark has been acting.

Sandfox

The reviews for Zelda are insane with multiple reviewers calling it the best game of all time. One more sleep until I can finally play it.

It's all on the ECCC website. Image is 4:15 pst, DC is the hour before that. No idea about all the others but they're up there. You're Europe right, so that'll be an hour after me. 12ish tonight for DC for you then, 1am for Image.

Unless I fucked all that up.

If your referring to the Image 25th anniversary panel then I think that's on Friday.

PsychBat!

Banned
C56KoyfWcAAs8Rr.jpg:large

This last arc has been a major disappointment so far.

Late responding to this I know, but only really log on to Gaf at work.

The latest issue of shutter wasn't great, but on whole the last arc hasn't been so bad, its the same as shutters always been which is pretty much scattershot fast forward sci fi. They've never really had much character development or really tend to do pay off for story build ups, but they make up for it in crazyness, unexpected twists and great art. The story pretty much turns on a dime from issue to issue so I wasn't surprised
when after all the build up it switched from a prospero to a cassius story.
Plus lets face it cassius is the best character ha

Wow, I really enjoyed Slott's GLA #1 - #4. Perfect length and a good arc. Don't know if this tone would work well for a longer run but it was great here.

The reviews for Zelda are insane with multiple reviewers calling it the best game of all time. One more sleep until I can finally play it.

If your referring to the Image 25th anniversary panel then I think that's on Friday.

Nah, I was meaning thiiiiis one:

Image Comics Announcements

Mar 02, 2017, 4:15 PM - 6:15 PM

Image Comics is bringing the Future of Comics to Emerald City Comicon in 2017 with this special two-hour presentation. Featuring a keynote speech by publisher Eric Stephenson about the past, present, and future of comics and a full slate of brand-new series to be announced, this panel is sure to set the tone for the year and give you plenty of great comics to look forward to reading.

This is the one I assume that there will be new things at, but you're right, there are a few going on over the next few days. Even a panel dedicated entirely to Rob Liefeld.

Zelda reviews look fucking incredible, nevermind the game.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Since people raved about it, I picked up Batman today (after dropping it). Going to read it now.

tim1138

I was wondering what was going on with Reborn after Bloodshot USA. Exciting stuff. Lemire's Bloodshot is the best thing he's ever written, and one of the best books on the shelves.

Spoken like someone who has never read Sweet Tooth, the Nobody, Underwater Welder, or Essex County.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Since people raved about it, I picked up Batman today (after dropping it). Going to read it now.
Yeah, that was pretty great.

Loved the parallel storytelling.

Liked the "I am not" bit, even if it did drag on a bit.

Descender is dope and thats a Lemire book people should at least check out.

Just read the second volume the other day, it's great! First few issues were fine, it kind of felt like it was just acting out its premise in a quite basic way but now that it's got running and the characters have had time to flesh out and he's built the world out with all sorts of weird and wonderful groups of people, it's great stuff.

Also. Driller is a real killer.

I think at this point the only active creator owned thing by him I haven't had a look in at is Black Hammer, hopefully that hits trade soon.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Cant wait to lick on a Switch Cardridge.

I'm so confused by that whole thing. Whey were they so concerned with people licking it that they coated it in something bitter?

And am I the only person that liked America 1? It was perfect but I liked the set up. And I love a good map.

Also finished the first volume of My Hero Academia. My god those costume designs. So over the top. So good.

I'm so confused by that whole thing. Whey were they so concerned with people licking it that they coated it in something bitter?

And am I the only person that liked America 1? It was perfect but I liked the set up. And I love a good map.

Also finished the first volume of My Hero Academia. My god those costume designs. So over the top. So good.
What I really like about the class's costumes is that other than maybe Iida (and maybe Yaoyorozo) they totally look like something a high-school kid would design, lol. Bakugou's especially.

Ross61

Full DC vs Looney Tunes solicits

BATMAN/ELMER FUDD SPECIAL #1

Written by TOM KING
Art and cover by LEE WEEKS
Cover by LEE WEEKS
After a chance meeting with billionaire Bruce Wayne, multi-millionaire Elmer Fudd’s obsession quickly escalates into stalking Batman through the dark alleys and high-class social settings of Gotham City.
On sale JUNE 28 • 48 pg

JONAH HEX/YOSEMITE SAM SPECIAL #1

Written by JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art and cover by MARK TEXEIRA
When miner Yosemite Sam strikes it rich, word gets out as everyone comes gunning for his wealth, including the notorious Freleng gang! To protect himself and his his new riches, he hires bounty Hunter Jonah Hex­—but the man protecting him may be his worst nightmare!
On sale JUNE 28 • 48 pg

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES/BUGS BUNNY SPECIAL #1

Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art and cover by TOM GRUMMETT and SCOTT HANNA
The Legion of Super Heroes always thought they had taken their inspiration from the 21st Century’s Superboy. But when they try to bring that hero into their future time, the team discovers to their surprise the caped champion isn’t who—or even what—they expected!
On sale JUNE 14 • 48 pg

LOBO/ROAD RUNNER SPECIAL #1

Written by BILL MORRISON
Art and cover by KELLEY JONES Wile E. Coyote travels to the far reaches of space to hire Lobo to hunt down and kill his greatest nemesis of all time, The Road Runner. When the Coyote and Lobo are after you, the Road Runner realizes if they catch him he’s through.
On sale JUNE 21 • 48 pg

MARTIAN MANHUNTER/ MARVIN THE MARTIAN SPECIAL #1

Written by STEVE ORLANDO and FRANK BARBERI
Art and cover by AARON LOPRESTI
Martian Manhunter tries to halt Marvin the Martian’s determination for world domination. J’onn is conflicted with his own Martian identity as he attempts to stop the hapless, determined Marvin from blowing Earth to bits in order to gain a clear view of Venus.
On sale JUNE 14 • 48 pg

WONDER WOMAN/TAZMANIAN DEVIL SPECIAL #1

Written by TONY BEDARD
Art by BARRY KITSON
Cover by JIM LEE Not since the twelve labors of Hercules has a Greek warrior faced as great a danger and as destructive a peril as the Tasmanian Devil!
On sale JUNE 21 • 48 pg

Malyse

They are tiny and Nintendo is making sure kids don't eat them.

Apparently so. It didn't feel like the America I know.

My Hero Academia is grossly underrated. It should be hitting Naruto level fan levels
though One Piece is still the best of all time.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
They are tiny and Nintendo is making sure kids don't eat them.

Apparently so. It didn't feel like the America I know.

My Hero Academia is grossly underrated. It should be hitting Naruto level fan levels
though One Piece is still the best of all time.

I've never put one in my mouth, as far as I remember, but did they do the same thing with DS cartridges?

Or are the Switch ones just much smaller?

lol didn't i post here a few days ago?

sorry, i haven't been reading as much as i should lately and i ain't wanna get spoiled but

You ASKED for it
You GOT it

arkon

That picks up where the old Legion Archives (volume 13 HC specifically) collections left off so not sure how good a starting point that would be.

This starts at the beginning of it all and seems to collect the same material as the first few Archives collections so would probably be a good place to start. Disclaimer: I haven't read the material myself.

I started with the Legion of 3 Worlds miniseries and then went onto what is referred to as volume 3 of the LoSH which ran for 63 issues.

haven't read #2 yet!!!!!

Ohhhh boy. Well. Well well well.

On a related note, Donny Cates is one of the nicest comic dudes on Twitter and I saw him posting yesterday about his (trans) cousin who he just lost to suicide. Heartbreaking, I have been thinking about him a lot since last night.

Edit: looks like he is still going to ECCC though

You only posted like 30 times last month! We missed you!

gawrsh

Ohhhh boy. Well. Well well well.

On a related note, Donny Cates is one of the nicest comic dudes on Twitter and I saw him posting yesterday about his (trans) cousin who he just lost to suicide. Heartbreaking, I have been thinking about him a lot since last night.

Edit: looks like he is still going to ECCC though

Jesus that's awful

Top Bottom