• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces Geforce GTX 10 Series - GTX1080 - $599 - May 27th, GTX1070 = $379

wachie

meOLfay.png

buRiVOC.png

FpEq6xs.png

3XjJRFt.png

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080

GTX 1080, $599, May 27th

GTX 1070, $379, June 10th

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, I'll buy one. I'm sick of this 680; I'll drop $600 for a 1080 even though it feels like kind of a rip-off at this point.

Thx for tha competition, AMD.

CJCW

So is it finally time to build a PC? Everyone said to wait until new cards were announced and the price for old ones went down.

CHC

That 1070 is going to be hard to get a hold of isn't it? Gonna sell like hot cakes.

$599?

The pricing tiers moving up again? I could have swore the 980 was $550 when released. That pricing creep.

It kind of oscillates. IIRC the 780 launched at $650 (at least that's what I paid for it....)

OneUh8

I'm in for a 1070. I just don't want a reference design cooling. Hopefully we will have choices at launch because I am ready to build my new rig NOW.

E-Cat

Unexpectedly beastly!

How many mm^2 is the 1080, again?

EDIT: So, the P100 @ 610 mm^2 has 15.3 transistors, which is 113% more than the 1080. That would make the 1080 a roughly 287 mm^2 part. The Pascal Titan is gonna be insane.

JordanKZ

The GTX 1070, assuming there aren't any major flaws found in it, is going to be the GPU of the next 12 months for most people. It's a staggering value proposition.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So what's the difference between founder edition and normal 1080? You pay for for it to be release earlier?

The 1070 is going to be popular. That price and performance... god damn. Even better if they continue the trend of bundling new games.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I want to know the power draw of the 1070. I hope Nvidia puts up the product page for it soon.

CHC

What's special about a founders edition. I don't know much about graphics cards and haven't upgraded in a while.

So what's the difference between founder edition and normal 1080? You pay for for it to be release earlier?

The founder is just a chip that can overclock higher. You basically avoid the silicon "lottery" if you're interested in overclocking.

Renekton

Question:

Nvidia CEO kept using "VR Performance" as comparison point. Is it higher because of the VR FPS-smoothing tech?

Top Bottom