• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBaird

Banned
My Girlfriend left here (Texas) on the 14th to visit her home town (Tennessee) with her sister for personal reasons. Anyway turns out she never showed up and just found out they found her car 30 miles out of town with the back of the car wrecked and all the windows busted out. Shes not been reported at the hospital and there are no signs of them anywhere.

I have no idea what to do.

Christ...have you or her family talked to the area police?

Edit: when you say 30 miles out of town do you mean Texas or Tennessee?

JBaird

Banned
Aquavelvaman said:
Christ...have you or her family talked to the area police?

Edit: when you say 30 miles out of town do you mean Texas or Tennessee?

30 miles out of the city she was going to visit in Tennessee. Her friend from there said she found her car when they went looking since she never showed up.

Yeah the cops have been called, I won't know more till later.

Edit: The city was Ashland.

If you when you say 30 miles out of town you mean from Texas and not Tennessee then God help her.

edit: ^^ Phew, she might still be alive.

Well, I'd start by not wasting time asking the peanut gallery what their views on the situation. If it were my Missus, I'd be out there searching like nobody's business, despite that being the effort of extreme futility.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
JBaird said:
My Girlfriend left here (Texas) on the 14th to visit her home town (Tennessee) with her sister for personal reasons. Anyway turns out she never showed up and just found out they found her car 30 miles out of town with the back of the car wrecked and all the windows busted out. Shes not been reported at the hospital and there are no signs of them anywhere.

Jesus Christ, man. Was there bad weather there recently or anything?

JBaird

Banned
Pylon_Trooper said:
Well, I'd start by not wasting time asking the peanut gallery what their views on the situation. If it were my Missus, I'd be out there searching like nobody's business, despite that being the effort of extreme futility.

It's 13 hour drive from here or I would of been out there the moment I heard.

Zyzyxxz said:
WTF?

What about her sister? MIssing as well?

Yeah neither of them have shown up.

AkuMifune

Banned
Is this even real? I hope it is, but I hope it's not if you know what I mean.

Call her? Call her sister? Search the area? Call their friends? Bring a recent picture of her, start from the car and work your way around to gas stations to ask if they've seen her?

If you care for her, get out there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If anything can be learned from similar missing persons cases in the past, you need to be vigilant, and you need to be in constant communication with the police.

Darkman M

AkuMifune said:
What the fuck are you doing on GAF? Are you for fucking real? Is this even real? I hope it is, but I hope it's not if you know what I mean.

Call her? Call her sister? Search the area? Call their friends? Bring a recent picture of her, start from the car and work your way around to gas stations to ask if they've seen her?

Get out there asshat.

He's 13 hours away,and im pretty sure he already tried to call.

JBaird

Banned
ninj4junpei said:
That sounds rather creepy. I hope everything works out. :(

Yeah I am concerned since the back of the car was beat up and all the windows busted out. I have no idea of if the car was working, I hope not otherwise I fear there are more problems than just a wreck. Maybe I've just seen too many movies though.

Darkman M said:
He's 13 hours away,and im pretty sure he already tried to call.

Yeah the phone has no service.

Darkman M

JBaird said:
Yeah I am concerned since the back of the car was beat up and all the windows busted out. I have no idea of if the car was working, I hope not otherwise I fear there are more problems than just a wreck. Maybe I've just seen too many movies though.

do they both have cellphones?

Boonoo

Christ, I can't imagine how you must feel. The situation you described is more or less my worst nightmare.

I assume you've more or less been calling her phone nonstop? Is it off or ringing?

I hope it turns out ok.

JBaird said:
It's 13 hour drive from here or I would of been out there the moment I heard.

Then I will join with the others in wishing for the best. The lack of phone call is disturbing, but at the worst case scenario, I hope it's just a case of the car getting nicked and your Missus and her sister in the middle of nowhere, but safe and sound.

JBaird said:

damn, hope she is okay!:(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hope everything works out man, been there before.
AkuMifune said:
Is this even real? I hope it is, but I hope it's not if you know what I mean.

If you care for her, get out there.
...running around in another state with a flashlight isn't going to help when she has disappeared 3+ days ago. Nice stealth edit btw

AkuMifune

Banned
Stealth edit backfired.

I just got pissed imagining your girlfriend tied up in someones basement while you're on GAF. Seriously, I don't know your financial or social situation, but if it was my girlfriend I'd tell work what was up, get out there, get a hotel room near where she went missing and start asking questions right away.

NoRéN

thetrin said:
If anything can be learned from similar missing persons cases in the past, you need to be vigilant, and you need to be in constant communication with the police.
Dammit. All these posts are making me think about that movie with Jeff Bridges, The Vanishing.

wvxuro.gif

Socreges

Banned
The fact that there are two people missing makes it much more likely that everything will turn out OK. My thought anyhow.

I wish you all the best.

AkuMifune, pretty sure you're not helping.

dabig2

dude, this is fucked up. You say they said the back end of the car was busted and all the windows damaged? Maybe I have watched too many movies too, but I pray that this isn't an abduction scenario where another car/party is involved.

NoRéN

dr3upmushroom said:
This gave me chills...

Yeah...same here.

OP, any social networking site posts, emails, twitter stuff, posted by her or her sis recently? Anything to hint at car trouble, bad weather?

LovingSteam said:
That movie/this situation represents my worst nightmare for my loved ones. Seriously.
Same here. Don't watch the french version. It's an even worst ending(worst as in more horrible, not as in crap-tastically bad or anything).

smurfx

get some go again
do you know what the personal reasons for the visit was? you think it might have anything to do with what is going on? well hopefully she is staying at a hotel or something since her car is wrecked.

JBaird

Banned
AkuMifune said:
Stealth edit backfired.

I just got pissed imagining your girlfriend tied up in someones basement while you're on GAF. Seriously, I don't know you're financial or social situation, but if it was my girlfriend I'd tell work what was up, get out there, get a hotel room near where she went missing and start asking questions right away.

I'm broke, and when I mean broke I mean broke. Though I can probably come up with some money for this. If nothing shows up by the morning I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm feeling pretty out of control of the situation right now with the distance away.

smurfx said:
do you know what the personal reasons for the visit was? you think it might have anything to do with what is going on? well hopefully she is staying at a hotel or something since her car is wrecked.

She lost her parents at age 16 and came here to Texas to live with her Sister. They had to go back and deal with the parents belongings like the house and restaurant.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
NoRéN said:
Dammit. All these posts are making me think about that movie with Jeff Bridges, The Vanishing.

wvxuro.gif

I was trying to be helpful. T_T

OP, are you alone where you're at? You need to call some buddies or family to have them stay with you. I'm serious. Now isn't the time for you to be alone.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
The things to do:
— Call her
— Call her friends and family
— Contact police
Police should help you from there.

I'm sure you're at this point right now.

If you want to go beyond what the police does, these are additional options:
— Search hospitals in the area
— Put posters up in towns near the incident
— Put up a website about the incident with contact information
— Contact relevant news networks to get coverage

Good luck!

JBaird said:
I'm broke, and when I mean broke I mean broke. Though I can probably come up with some money for this. If nothing shows up by the morning I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm feeling pretty out of control of the situation right now with the distance away.

Keep as calm as you can and make calls like mad. Call in favours from friends, do what you have to do. As stated above, the fact that two people are involved kind of lessens the chills, so at least keep that in mind.

Hope it all works out, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom