• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I have no idea what you are complaining about.

They are not recommended 60GB only for the install. But 60GB as a whole for the system.

Once you install windows you might want to install other things such as Games and Productivity software. Then you'll want to store some files, videos music, pictures.

60GB is the minimum recommended for all of that, but 20 is the absolute windows.

Well I was going by the dev preview. Their was the base .iso, and the the dev .iso that had all the tools and stuff it installed. So I figured that 60 gigs wasn't just base install + space for stuff, but rather base install + other stuff MS might try and bundle in. It just would be consumer oriented stuff obviously verses the dev stuff bundled with the larger .iso for the dev preview build.

Nero3000

Well I was going by the dev preview. Their was the base .iso, and the the dev .iso that had all the tools and stuff it installed. So I figured that 60 gigs wasn't just base install + space for stuff, but rather base install + other stuff MS might try and bundle in. It just would be consumer oriented stuff obviously verses the dev stuff bundled with the larger .iso for the dev preview build.

With the consumer preview, they probably will include a bunch of things which will be relegated to store in the RTM.

Woffls

Getting the ESD at 227k. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, mind.

I thought the conference was due to start in 15 mins?

HDRemake

Banned
If I download the 64-bit ESD file, is there anything I can do with it? Should I just wait for the ISO?

Also, does anyone know yet whether or not it will require a clean install? I'm on the developer preview right now, so an upgrade option would be ideal.

Digishine

Banned
Getting the ESD at 227k. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, mind.

I thought the conference was due to start in 15 mins?

It is the esd is only for people who got an exe file from microsoft to upgrade to the consumer Preview so if you don't have that exe file then it's just bandwidth your wasting

If I download the 64-bit ESD file, is there anything I can do with it? Should I just wait for the ISO?

Also, does anyone know yet whether or not it will require a clean install? I'm on the developer preview right now, so an upgrade option would be ideal.

No upgrade from the DP.

Woffls

It is the esd is only for people who got an exe file from microsoft to upgrade to the consumer Preview so if you don't have that exe file then it's just bandwidth your wasting
I have the developer preview build. Do MS only give the upgrade exe to MSDN members or something?

Gaspode_T

Curious to hear what you guys who install are able to install from Windows Store...in other words, did they take down all the goodies I've been playing with or not :)

Digishine

Banned
inME3QNVE6o6B.png

This is the feel u need for the ESD to work :p

Troll

Banned
That OS is sexy. So sexy. I am honestly surprised on how there were no leaks of the preview. Hats off to MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom