• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Going to a Smackdown house show on Monday. Haven't been to a WWE show since I think Summeslam 04

LOL Orton with no Wyattism at all here.

LOL @ fans want what I say they want.

Foley's hell in the cell spot were way dumber.

See, I think those HIAC spots were dangerous as fuck, but they literally made that match. That match is nothing without those spots and those spots are legendary and replayed endlessly. They had meaning.

That dragon suplex is dumber because it was just one move in a cavalcade of moves and ultimately means so little in the grand scheme of the match.

Nope Cena will beat Corbin before the 3rd guy even comes out.

Corbin vs. Cena is not a thing. No chance. They literally had Cena pin him easy as hell two weeks ago. If the idea of Cena vs. Corbin as something important was even an inkling in their minds, they wouldn't have done that.

Same reason Orton vs. Cena next week tells us they aren't doing that match at WM.

Eh, I don't think they made Corbin eliminate Strowman a throwaway moment, and I'm not saying Baron's the next big guy, but he's not going to be by any chance the first eliminated of the Chamber.

Fucking lol that sucked...

He didn't even sell the idea of Bray winning at EC, like not at all...

Of course he didn't, because that's what's going to happen.

That's Vince's philosophy. Say something is going to happen when it's not, but don't say it's going to happen when it is. Why do you think all the commentators say "HE GOT HIM!" so often on two counts, but rarely ever say it on three counts?

Of course he didn't, because that's what's going to happen.

That's Vince's philosophy. Say something is going to happen when it's not, but don't say it's going to happen when it is. Why do you think all the commentators say "HE GOT HIM!" so often on two counts, but rarely ever say it on three counts?

Touche...

Works here too because it could theoretically make Wyatt's win look more shocking...

It was still weird to see Orton just completely ignore Bray though lol

Heroman

Banned
See, I think those HIAC spots were dangerous as fuck, but they literally made that match. That match is nothing without those spots and those spots are legendary and replayed endlessly. They had meaning.

That dragon suplex is dumber because it was just one move in a cavalcade of moves and ultimately means so little in the grand scheme of the match.
I mean Dragon slupex makes sense as Kenny Omega super is to drop a dude on his head and also it probably the most talk about move in that match.

It one of those things where guys in big matches do thing they probably shouldn't.

I mean Dragon slupex makes sense as Kenny Omega super is to drop a dude on his head and also it probably the most talk about move in that match.

It one of those things where guys in big matches do thing they probably shouldn't.

Omega always does snap dragon suplex too. I think it made sense but was really crazy and probably went too far.

Gurrry

Damn that was a good episode of SD. That womens match was amazing too. I didnt see the preshow so i dont know if it was just a copy and paste job, but either way, it was a fantastic match. Naomi is a star and she needs to be out there more often. Micky James is also really great, she sells well and has some devastating moves.

That AJ Ambrose match at the end was pretty bad ass too. Styles is the best in the biz.

Sephzilla

k5KJA5.gif

Took that boy's soul right there.
RIP in piece Baron Corbin

Did Corbin's delivery sound as bad as I imagine it in my head?

God what a wasted opportunity to put himself on the map with a response about how he's persevered through challenges and failures while Miz makes excuses for his and hides behinds his wife. Easy

ReiGun

They really set Corbin up to fail there. Miz is one of the best talkers on the roster. Corbin is decent at best (though he is getting better).

You could tell Miz was trying to go easy on him too, but Corbin just had nothing.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
205 is turning a corner and is progressing well. Waiting to see how Metalik performs.

A great template for how they could book Lesnar vs Goldberg at Mania, is how they booked Big show vs Lesnar at Rumble 2014.

Lesnar jumps Big Show before the match starts, beats him up with a chair forever, bell rings Lesnar takes a KO punch that Show can't capitalize, Lesnar is woozy, Show gets in a few shots goes for another KO punch, ducked F5 1,2,3.

It is a great spectacle.

Goldberg match could be the exact same, Lesnar destroys Goldberg before the match starts, bell rings boom spear and people are like holy shit it's going to happen again but Goldberg can't capitalize (maybe he tries for the Jackhammer but is too fucked to lift him up), he gets in a few shots, goes for another spear Lesnar catches him F5 1,2,3

Alternatively after first spear or say he does hit the second and so after that one Goldberg goes for the Jackhammer and Lesnar reverse into an F5 for the 3.

The Show match at Rumble is perfect storytelling for the build that match had, which was Show was constantly overpowering and getting the one up on Lesnar so at the PPV Lesnar just goes full rage mode, drops him with an MMA takwdown and beats him with a chair before the match even starts,. It is smart, it is heel, it is perfect

So there's an insider on Reddit who (weeks ago, before Meltzer mentioned it) successfully predicted the Rumble winner, Wyatt winning the belt, and what seems like the inevitable Owens losing to Goldberg future.

And now he's hinting that Roman is gonna turn heel the night after WM. Could you imagine the pop?

So there's an insider on Reddit who (weeks ago, before Meltzer mentioned it) successfully predicted the Rumble winner, Wyatt winning the belt, and what seems like the inevitable Owens losing to Goldberg future.

And now he's hinting that Roman is gonna turn heel the night after WM. Could you imagine the pop?
Is is is metsfan back!?

Tagyhag

He's not turning heel against Undertaker? How the hell is that gonna work?

Either way, the way he's been acting and getting booked, I do expect Roman to be turning heel sooner or later.

Maybe they're going to try The Rock way of getting over instead of Stone Cold's.

Problem is, Roman doesn't have 1/10th of their charisma.

Reigns turning heel makes sense now that Rollins is there and a face again, and a much much much much more over face at that.

Plus bluntly KO can be turned almost at any point as he's funny as fuck, good in the ring and ironically being a face would probably let him go back to being a straight up fighter/badass as he would be free from the all heels how aren't almost 7 feet tall must be cowardly rule.

Is is is metsfan back!?

Idk. Just some guy who showed up weeks ago in early January. Said the Rumble winner would be a "repeat winner" and he would face a "first time champion" at WM, which lines up with Orton vs. Bray. At the time he also said Owens would face Goldberg at Fastlane, which is happening too.

Then today there is a thread about Roman turning heel and he commented "04/03/17". which is the date of the Raw after WM.

Idk. Just some guy who showed up weeks ago in early January. Said the Rumble winner would be a "repeat winner" and he would face a "first time champion" at WM, which lines up with Orton vs. Bray. At the time he also said Owens would face Goldberg at Fastlane, which is happening too.

Then today there is a thread about Roman turning heel and he commented "04/03/17". which is the date of the Raw after WM.
Can I get a link to that if you don't mind?

If Tozawa managed to break the iron will of the Corpus Christii crowd, and get a good reaction, he will get a Stone Cold like pop in every other arena.

Person is also saying the reason Cena's plan changed was because Nikki wants her last match to be teaming with him, and they get to do it on the biggest show

Looking at Rumble 2014 and man it's amazing how had they just called an audible here and had Roman win it instead of Batista they could have completely put Reigns on a better course. Fans wanted Bryan still naturally but they were absolutely behind Reigns (chanting his name and everything) when it was just him and Batista. He did everything he does now: dominate and destroy and folks were into it. Hell he broke Kane's record and people were into hin (imagine if he had broken it in 2015 instead lol)

Instead a year later it would be Roman Reigns' turn to get booed out of the building as Royal Rumble winner.

Like I really feel bad for Roman honestly.

My wife while watching the end of Raw:

"Is that Tazz??.... oh nevermind."

1) LOL
2) I'm impressed she even knows who Tazz is.
3) LOL

Man, I don't usually enjoy the booking videos from WhatCulture, but the one for this year's Rumble was pretty interesting, not without its problems, but certainly a cool alternative to what ended up happening.

Looking at Rumble 2014 and man it's amazing how had they just called an audible here and had Roman win it instead of Batista they could have completely put Reigns on a better course. Fans wanted Bryan still naturally but they were absolutely behind Reigns (chanting his name and everything) when it was just him and Batista. He did everything he does now: dominate and destroy and folks were into it. Hell he broke Kane's record and people were into hin (imagine if he had broken it in 2015 instead lol)

Instead a year later it would be Roman Reigns' turn to get booed out of the building as Royal Rumble winner.

Like I really feel bad for Roman honestly.

Roman was super over, people tend to forget that, watch his match against Orton at Summerslam 2014 and the crowd reaction is incredibly positive. The Rumble 2015 ruined him completely.

Top Bottom