• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS Interactive (GameSpot parent company) buys Giant Bomb

Yuripaw

Banned
Meanwhile, you would of course being working in a job where you make actual money, and nuts to them! Indie gaming sites don't offer a real living for these people, not if they ever want to grow out of their early 20s and ramen diets. Vinny lives in the burbs now. Grown ass men need grown ass income at some point.

So selling out is the only answer? Giantbomb was one of the fastest growing video game websites ever. They could've done more to increase their audience.

Initially...I was concerned.

Now...I'm cautiously optimistic and in the end, if this gets me when step closer to Giant Bomb TV...or Giant Bomb the "channel"...fuck yes.

Maybe Brad will grow back his beard too

88yvW.jpg

For full glory of the Brad beard.

iX0Lx6cbD1BqP.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN BRAD

jediyoshi

:lol huh? GS was never the same after the old crew left. Hotspot became a boring listen.

So you enjoyed Gerstmann & co while they were at Gamespot. And you were mad at the higherups that let them go. And now new higherups want them in. Do you think they would have inherently had more free reign on content to bring in if they stayed at Gamespot the entire time?

Will

Neo Member
So selling out is the only answer? Giantbomb was one of the fastest growing video game websites ever. They could've done more to increase their audience.

They tried getting ads, they tried monetizing their most popular feature (which people freaked the fuck over and forced them to cancel), they tried creating a premium sub with added content. Shit is hard yo.

Izick

I'm relying on you guys to summarize since I'm stuck at work with nothing on my phone.

Jeff is talking about how the deal talks started sometime in December of 2011, and have continued since then.

He says that there's been a lack of content and it's been weird for the past few weeks because of this deal going down.

They're about to get into why he got fired from Gamespot.

Top Bottom