• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

abusori

It would be interesting, but think of all the confusion when someone goes to another thread and see the same person with a different avy.

I would think they were an entirely different person since I remember people by their avatars. The people who change their avatars often are my enemies (I don't know that though, since I don't recognize them).

It would shake my world to its very core.

Soma

I change my avatar here once a month and I would go through avatars/sigs on the other forum i'm on at least every couple of weeks.

I'm finicky like that :|

Danj

By the way, is there a thread for English non-translated (i.e. western-developed, not Japanese-developed and then translated) VNs? Because there seems to be an increasing number of titles worthy of consideration. I just finished playing the Cradle Song preview and greatly enjoyed the artwork and the BGMs, and the story was gripping enough that I was all like AWW MAN YOU DID NOT JUST END IT THERE when they ended on a cliffhanger.

By the way, is there a thread for English non-translated (i.e. western-developed, not Japanese-developed and then translated) VNs? Because there seems to be an increasing number of titles worthy of consideration. I just finished playing the Cradle Song preview and greatly enjoyed the artwork and the BGMs, and the story was gripping enough that I was all like AWW MAN YOU DID NOT JUST END IT THERE when they ended on a cliffhanger.

Not to my knowledge, no. I think all VN's, Japanese or not, just get lumped into that GAF VN mega thread. I think Infinite_Nine was the one who started it, so you can try searching for that

I don't think "literally" means what you think it means. ;) I see that she wears a fur hat in some of her videos...
igParQs4FDSUW.jpg

She's a furry!

Soma

Finished Shizune's story. I didn't get the hate. What's wrong with her story?

Not enough romance between Shizune and Hisao, too much Misha in the latter half of the story, really disappointing ending, etc. It wasn't a bad route just compared to the others it's not as great.

Honestly though, I didn't fully appreciate Shizune's route until I finished her bad ending. The thing about her route is that there's lots of subtle details that a lot of people might miss. The more I thought about it the more I came to the conclusion that there really isn't a "good" ending to her route, it felt more like a neutral and bad ending when it came to Shizune's story.

Personally I would've liked to have seen something along the lines of this for a good ending: http://pastebin.com/E1cxNLdM

Poyunch

Not enough romance between Shizune and Hisao, too much Misha in the latter half of the story, really disappointing ending, etc. It wasn't a bad route just compared to the others it's not as great.

Honestly though, I didn't fully appreciate Shizune's route until I finished her bad ending. The thing about her route is that there's lots of subtle details that a lot of people might miss. The more I thought about it the more I came to the conclusion that there really isn't a "good" ending to her route, it felt more like a neutral and bad ending when it came to Shizune's story.

Personally I would've liked to have seen something along the lines of this for a good ending: http://pastebin.com/E1cxNLdM

I agree there wasn't enough romance but I thought it was a nice change of pace. Although I didn't feel the endings were good I did feel the good ending had more finality compared to the others.
I was a little bothered that there weren't really any consequences to Hisao cheating on Shizune in the bad ending.

I only have Lilly to finish up. I'm going to relax for a while so that I don't get burned out like I did going straight from Emi to Rin.

Jintor

Welp, I've done it, I'm done with all the stories.
Well there's the bad endings, but... uh, yeah. I don't think I'll be doing those...

Rin>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Shizune
But all int all, I loved them all. I wish there was more.

abusori

It's a lot easier to get the bad endings if you just backtrack a bit after each route instead of just doing all the good endings in a row.

But then I'm a perfectionist, so I had to get 100%.

Top Bottom