• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Ok, I'm a bit confused by the new Crossfire option.

I have two 6860s in Crossfire. Do I put "N" or do I put the number of graphics cards I have "2" ?

I'm also testing the new intro skip and will report back.

Edit: Nevermind. I misread. I'll leave it a -1. Sorry.

Ok, I tested the intro skip.

Holy jesus. It just made me into Speedy Gonzales. First it loaded and ran really fast and then told me I had a "frame rate drop" then booted me to a title screen.

Then I booted up again and I was in full road runner mode. IT was pretty awesome actually. I ran around like that for a good 3 minutes and then decided this might not be a good idea and closed the game to disable it.

Perhaps off topic, but along the same lines as modding, is it conceivable that importing faces would be possible in some way (as this game uses FaceGen like Oblivion and Skyrim)?

Hmm, it didn't skip any intro logos for me whatsoever. I set it to "1". Everything else seems to be working fine though.

Edit: Ah, of course. I had V-Sync on. Weird that it syncs to 30 though.

arit

Perhaps off topic, but along the same lines as modding, is it conceivable that importing faces would be possible in some way (as this game uses FaceGen like Oblivion and Skyrim)?

From what I've seen there is no real save editor, just trainers that grant stuff during runtime, which would make importing/exporting faces rather complicated I suppose or not elegant at least.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Bypassing the intro is completely bunked every time I boot the game. Turned it off. Really wanted this to work because I'm currently quitting/reloading in the Hollow and it's torture.

Save game thing is cool though.

Durante

Is the significance of this the ability for people to edit textures? If so cool.
That could be one application, sure, but for now the significance is that by creating a catalog of texture hashes and checking it when the game uses a texture I get a much better idea of what it is doing at any point, which allows me to make more intricate graphical changes.
(the only thing it's currently used for is telling me exactly when the intro starts/ends)

NBtoaster

That could be one application, sure, but for now the significance is that by creating a catalog of texture hashes and checking it when the game uses a texture I get a much better idea of what it is doing at any point, which allows me to make more intricate graphical changes.
(the only thing it's currently used for is telling me exactly when the intro starts/ends)

What's the resolution of most textures?

LOL the site I got Dark Souls from emailed me yesterday:

Dear Gamers!

You purchased Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition from us recently and we wanted to let you know about an unofficial patch that has been released to vastly improve the graphics of the game. Head over to the following page and have a read, its well worth checking out if you want even better graphics on this great game :-

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix

Best Regards

That's strange. Can you set logLevel to 4, start the game, keep it running up to the menu and exit and then post the log?

OK, the log is VERY long. Far too long to post here (811789 characters according to the forum).

Where else could I post it?

Edit: Actually, never mind. I deleted the .dll, the .ini and the log file from the directory and then copied them again from the new version's folder. Skipping the intro works now, thanks!

Kade

Downloaded 0.7 and the game started running at a framerate that is noticeably higher than 30. Also, I just found out that the framerate kick isn't limited to framerates below a set amount but also above 30, so I can't even play online anymore.

Tinkering with some settings right now to see what's up but if I don't find anything, I'm coming after you Durante.

EDIT: Deleting d3d9.dll, running the game and restoring the file seemed to fix the problem.

Downloaded 0.7 and the game started running at a framerate that is noticeably higher than 30. Also, I just found out that the framerate kick isn't limited to framerates below a set amount but also above 30, so I can't even play online anymore.

Tinkering with some settings right now to see what's up but if I don't find anything, I'm coming after you Durante.

EDIT: Deleting d3d9.dll, running the game and restoring the file seemed to fix the problem.

That was probably the skipping the intro option, there is a new version.

1-D_FTW

I noticed previously that a couple (one?) Nvidia guys were also complaining that power saving mode was biting them with the 6-series cards.

I just reinstalled new drivers and went and reset all my graphical settings in the driver control panel. Have you guys tried changing "Power Management Mode" from the default "adaptive" to "Maximum Performance". This seems like it should solve your issues. I plan on doing this when I get the game. STALKER: CoP gives me this issue because in order to game in 3D, I need to use a much simpler lighting system and with those settings, the game requires very little GPU usage to maintain 1080P 3D @60fps. It was causing me issues whenever an enemy would suddenly appear at night.

quanchu

Fullscreen windowed mode is nice but I had to turn it off after I accidentally attacked a blacksmith from clicking back onto the window. whoops

Amazing man, utterly amazing. I'm looking forward to finally breaking on my gtx670 I just installed with the game.

Durante

intro skip with 0.7.5 works for everyone now?
Seems that way.

(And I'm happy it does, I expected it to be much more solid than before. Fun fact: the amount of code for the "intro skip" is almost 1/3 of the entire mod -- but of course much of the stuff I implemented for it can also be reused for other future features)

Seems that way.

(And I'm happy it does, I expected it to be much more solid than before. Fun fact: the amount of code for the "intro skip" is almost 1/3 of the entire mod -- but of course much of the stuff I implemented for it can also be reused for other future features)

Thx for this fix durante. Works wonders as always!

Zzoram

Seems that way.

The only logo that should show is your name and GAF avatar.

Top Bottom