• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up Show Theme - Orchestral Version

I meant to make a thread here, but forgot. I posted this on the 1up forums last week. I had some extra time, so I made an arrangement of the 1up Show theme and added it to the orchestra session I was doing just for fun. It's not something that could really work in the context of the show, as it gets a bit dramatic, but it might make some of you chuckle nonetheless.

http://www.christilton.com/mp3/1upShowTheme_Orchestra.mp3

MaritalWheat said:
Saw this over at 1UP, really neat stuff. Did they end up saying they wold use it or no?

Matt emailed me and said if he found a place for it, he'd use it. I wished him much luck, haha!

Variable

This would have been great departure music for Jeff and Shawn! Keep this tune in mind for any further departures (I hope not anytime soon).

Maybe it's just me, but my idea of an orchestrated version of the 1UP Show theme would be a little more jaunty, like something out of a Danny Elfman soundtrack (but without the suck).

Totally awesome, though. It's a very nice arrangement!

angelfly said:
Nice work!

I could see this being used on Shane's last episode before leaving to work at SCEA.
You see what I see!

And he would ride off into a sunset on a steed just as wild and untamed as he!

Variable said:
SCEA don't hire insane people. No offense Shane.
kenjesusbq1_thumb.jpg
?

This should be used for an epic comeback reunion show for the final episode of 1up yours featuring Shane, Garnett, Mark, John, Luke, Brian, Shawn Elliott, Crispin, Dan Hsu and Jeff Green, lasting for 4 hours.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was... incredible ;_;

I AM JOHN! said:
Maybe it's just me, but my idea of an orchestrated version of the 1UP Show theme would be a little more jaunty, like something out of a Danny Elfman soundtrack (but without the suck).

Totally awesome, though. It's a very nice arrangement!

Hey don't knock Elfman! Anyways, the orchestra I was working with is used to more traditional stuff. I'd love to do a an orchestral/jazz version with a full rhythm section one day. Never know if the opportunity will arise.

Nintaiyo

That was really really good. I was actually expecting the tempo and energy to pick up during the "1up 1up 1up..." part, but it was still great.

Nintaiyo

I guess this is an appropriate thread to ask...Does anyone have mp3 files of the music that they use during the 1up show? I'm talking about the background music during the segments.

Truespeed

Chris Tilton said:
Matt emailed me and said if he found a place for it, he'd use it. I wished him much luck, haha!

It's the ideal closing tune for the show. And if the show doesn't use it, the podcast should. Epic work.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chris seriously this is amazing. I have to say it again. It may get me to pick my trumpet back up after a nearly 9 year hiatus.

wow, this is amazingly good...what the hell

chris, are you a composer or something?

Recoil said:
Fuuuuck, I'd *really* like to hear how you made this. It's not all digital instruments, is it?

no way, this has to be done by a real orchestra

Top Bottom