• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lucina's NA amiibo is never coming back, is it?

She was up on TRU very, very, very briefly last month, just like old times!

LTfCtAw.png

Definitely don't miss those days.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
(Since my post might've been missed). Anyone know where to get an affordable Amiibo Album 4 that's not from Amazon Germany, France, (both expensive) or UK (can't ship to US)? eBay has them expensive and none up on Amazon.com yet.

mfw I missed the new thread celebration and was like "why can't i find Lucina thread"

Neat.

E9fjjXp.jpg

I got some more craft styrofoam to make a third "staircase" for the amiibo. Previously I made two of them for just the Smash amiibo, but the DLC characters pushed some of them off.

V6g6nOC.jpg

Thankfully, i found this neat 88 cent store in a janky nearby city that has these really great metal shelf things. 15 can fit on them, but the ones I made myself hold 25.

And then just as I was finishing making the new Mario series one...i realized I could easily just zip tie two of the metal ones together to make a full 25 sized stair. Thanks obama. I guess I'll have to head back there and buy some more of them so everything looks a little cleaner.
The only downside is I don't really have roomed for the boxed guys (like my extra US and Jap Marth and Silver/Gold Mario. ;-; )

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Looking good Spyro! Love those custom displays. Needs more amiibo dioramas though. ;)

I made a thread on gaming side but just a heads up.

Toys R Us is having a 2 for $20 sale on all Toys to Life single characters.

This includes all the Yarn Yoshis including Mega Yarn Yoshi which is $40 usually.

I got one yesterday night and there was one left.

Might go check this out... though I doubt any stores around here have any MYY. I still want to get sealed versions of the regular Yarn Yoshis, so I'd at least be able to get those. Could just pick a random one at that point.

kunonabi

I made a thread on gaming side but just a heads up.

Toys R Us is having a 2 for $20 sale on all Toys to Life single characters.

This includes all the Yarn Yoshis including Mega Yarn Yoshi which is $40 usually.

I got one yesterday night and there was one left.

I picked up Lottie and a Blue Yarn Yoshi today. Now if only those mii fighters would go on sale at some point.

TheGrue

I'm living dangerously. I was out on a bike ride when everything went up on Amazon and when I got back I couldn't get all the characters so I didn't preorder. The next day, the ones I couldn't get were available and the ones I could have gotten weren't. So now I have nothing of those Supet Mario figures preordered and I'm being stubborn and not doing a preorder from anyone but Amazon. Guess I'll have to hope I can walk into Target and Toys R Us in November and find all these.

Cappa

Banned
Sale on all amiibo here locally finally picked up Ryu and the new Kirby. The new DeDeDe looks terrible tho... I can't find the new meta knight or waddle dee anywhere tho

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
New Dedede is great! Don't get the hate. He's supposed to be stylized with the rest of the figures, not the insanely detailed Smash version. They all go great together.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
New Dedede is great! Don't get the hate. He's supposed to be stylized with the rest of the figures, not the insanely detailed Smash version. They all go great together.

Yeah that line is perfect together. Someone mentioned how the Dedede head things being glossy kinda sucked, and I agree. It is weird that it's not consistant matte with the rest. Still, a great figure!

kunonabi

He just doesn't look as good as the Smash version. The whole Kirby line just seems underwhelming for some reason. Old Dedede's expression and pose are just way nicer.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah that line is perfect together. Someone mentioned how the Dedede head things being glossy kinda sucked, and I agree. It is weird that it's not consistant matte with the rest. Still, a great figure!
Just seems like people are writing it off that it's supposed to look like it. It looks terrible... Worse than Marf.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Strangely, Amazon has been slow to everything except putting up Mario Wave 2 first. Maybe they're too busy playing Splatoon.

ChrisD

My Uncle bought me a Kirby -and- Waddle Dee today. It was a good day already, so that just furthered it to great. They're both so jolly, I love them. =)

Honestly think Meta Knight looks cooler in the new line, but I already have his Smash rendition, so I've no need for him.

So with them, I've now got a whole Kirby set! A Waddle, MK, King D3, and the Star Player I was missing all this time in Kirby.

sorry but the new Dedede still just sucks in my eyes and I can't make myself like it

but it works because it makes me love my Smash version all the more

Hylian7

Are the Squid Sisters Best Buy exclusive? I see they are up for preorder there, but I refuse to shop at Best Buy. Will I be able to get them on Amazon or somewhere else closer to release?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are the Squid Sisters Best Buy exclusive? I see they are up for preorder there, but I refuse to shop at Best Buy. Will I be able to get them on Amazon or somewhere else closer to release?

Amazon is notorious for taking forever to put up new amiibo. Somehow they put up Mario Wave 2 first, but I wouldn't expect the new Splatoon wave to be up until like the week before.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's good they aren't exclusive then.

If they were randomly made exclusive at the last minute I'd have to update the OT for like the 32038982389328923th time this month!
which really isn't any different from other months

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still waiting for Amazon to take 20%/ $5 off + free shipping.

Also hoping Wario won't sell out as quickly since I forgot to pre-order him on Amazon & I'd like a classic yellow outfit to go with the WarioWare biker jacker one.

Well it is something I guess. I do have the ZSS amiibo, but only thing I'm missing is a 3DS amiibo reader and of course the game. But the color that amiibo gives out doesn't seem convincing to me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
image.php
image.php

You guys go great together!

I wouldn't have minded an amiibo based on the in-game mech or enemies or something, even if most people aren't going to get the game.

Top Bottom