• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

I'm liking the season, but jesus the court of owls is fucking dumb to me.

I just cannot take it even remotely serious when they all sit around the table where those stupid masks.

What I hate about them is that they boast they are running Gotham since the beginning of time, yet they are doing so bad at this they now need to purge the city or whatever they are planning.

What I hate about them is that they boast they are running Gotham since the beginning of time, yet they are doing so bad at this they now need to purge the city or whatever they are planning.

This is apparently the third time they've done it, too.

Kind of suggests that while their control isn't absolute, it's certainly impressive enough.

Ivy nurses people back to health.
Person gets better then goes off to kill someone else.

TheCircleOfLife.wmv

Kifimbo

Young Ivy was boring, but she was better than this cheerleading Ivy. I don't know if it's the actress or the script, but my gosh if I can't buy her act.

iosefe

So when Ivy brought the plants in, anyone else notice she was dressed like Genie from Aladdin? Same shades of blue with red belt

Sir Doom

I wish that virus was fake just further show how unloyal Jim was. But heu it worked out

😔 Nigma and Penguin are back together again just matter of time they team-up to escape

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wish that virus was fake just further show how unloyal Jim was. But heu it worked out

�� Nigma and Penguin are back together again just matter of time they team-up to escape

Yeah .. that's what I'm afraid of .. they're gonna do a 'redemption' arc and they'll all be buddy buddy again. I want one of them to kill the other off.

Effect

Gotham is moving to Thursday nights next season. I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

The X-men show is taking it's place I believe. If that doesn't do well I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved back. It being named The Gifted doesn't really make it clear what it is though and that could hurt it I think. I know Gotham isn't the ratings rockstar it originally was but I think it still does better then a majority of Fox shows. A day move always worries me though. Still we're going into season 4. We were worried it would only be one season originally.

Sir Doom

Yeah .. that's what I'm afraid of .. they're gonna do a 'redemption' arc and they'll all be buddy buddy again. I want one of them to kill the other off.
I doubt it will happen. I have a feeling the creators have gone too attached to the characters and actors

Pachimari

I feel like the show has gone downhill since the break but I haven't seen the last two episodes as I am catching up. I didn't like the Uncle Frank connection since it was just a device to get Jim to join the Owls, and I actually feel like the Court of Owls plot have been weak, especially with this whole weapon of destruction coming into the picture like it was taken out of Arrow. Neither do I like Bruce's training in the Himalayas, is that seriously supposed to be Rha's al Ghul? This lonely old man with his magic needles?

I can't believe I'm going down on the show like this, since Gotham is my favorite comic book tv show and one of my favorite TV show pleasures, so I hope it finds its footing and does something interesting. I can't swallow up another revenge plot of Penguin building another army.

Cafeman

nah, this was not a bad episode. The show has built a stable of solid characters with enjoyable actors playing the roles. The Batman universe is unfolding to us. I enjoy the constant allusions to Batman Returns but it isn't copying the dumber ideas; even the score frequently reminds of Elfman's BR score. Here are just 3 reasons this episode didn't disappoint:
1. Interesting recurring characters fleshing out Gotham City - tonight we saw Mad Hatter, Sgt Barnes/Executioner, Riddler, Penguin, Court of Owls' super-skilled and deadly Talon(s), Hugo Strange (love this guy), and don't forget Lucius Fox and even Firefly - all made appearances, how can you hate it?
2. No cats-voodoo, even though they teased (threatened?) us with that last week. Besides, its too early for Selina to turn Catwoman.
3. The ending - poor Gordon was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but he cleverly
enlisted Penguin's help and bravely did what he had to do - attack Talon even though there was little chance he'd survive.

Good ep. I also enjoyed the Bruce memory scene, but it didn't go where I thought it would.
Did anybody else expect to see the scene where young Bruce bursts out of there and falls into the bat cave? I think this scene reminded me of how they did it in Batman Returns.

____

nah, this was not a bad episode. The show has built a stable of solid characters with enjoyable actors playing the roles. The Batman universe is unfolding to us. I enjoy the constant allusions to Batman Returns but it isn't copying the dumber ideas; even the score frequently reminds of Elfman's BR score. Here are just 3 reasons this episode didn't disappoint:
1. Interesting recurring characters fleshing out Gotham City - tonight we saw Mad Hatter, Sgt Barnes/Executioner, Riddler, Penguin, Court of Owls' super-skilled and deadly Talon(s), Hugo Strange (love this guy), and don't forget Lucius Fox and even Firefly - all made appearances, how can you hate it?
2. No cats-voodoo, even though they teased (threatened?) us with that last week. Besides, its too early for Selina to turn Catwoman.
3. The ending - poor Gordon was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but he cleverly
enlisted Penguin's help and bravely did what he had to do - attack Talon even though there was little chance he'd survive.

Good ep. I also enjoyed the Bruce memory scene, but it didn't go where I thought it would.
Did anybody else expect to see the scene where young Bruce bursts out of there and falls into the bat cave? I think this scene reminded me of how they did it in Batman Returns.

I guess that's part of it for me. I'm not really fond of all those characters. I do love some Hugo, though. Tetch is good, but was unnecessary here, I don't like Barnes/Executioner's role thus far...like how he keeps getting handcuffed/restrained, only to just "break out" easily. What are the point of restraints? Firefly seems to be there just to be there, adding nothing interesting. I didn't like how the Court seems to be the all-mighty, all-powerful group that knows all and runs the city, but then Jim just cruises through the building and does whatever he wants and nobody questions it until he gets caught by his own (not-well-thought-out) fuck ups.

Why didn't Catherine question why the fuck Jim was at her HOME, how'd he get in, what he's doing there, etc. More than just the 1 time that he simply ignored?

Why did she leave Jim alone with Talon if she suspected he'd try to stop the bomb? Couldn't she have stayed a few more minutes until the thing went off?

Why was Talon so simple-minded that he couldn't figure out what Jim was doing with the secret phone-call, and then how did Penguin arrive so damn quickly?

So many questions. Idk, just felt a bit sloppy to me for the first time.

kuYuri

So Barnes is Bane now? xD

I mean, not literally, but the whole virus makes him strong thing is similar to Bane's Venom, plus he kinda had the TDK Bane look with the mask and everything.

HeGk9WU.jpg

Wasn't a fan of the whole Jim stopping the virus sequence. Don't know if I just wasn't in the mood but it was blatantly obvious he was saying directions out loud. Then from what I've seen of the Talon(s?) he should have been dead in about 2 seconds trying to fight. Then "it's OK everyone, I've closed this door which is definitely airtight" *door clumsily bounces close* not to mention, what about the rest of the building now there's a window broken in the room.

Edit: Also, Harvey/Gordon/Fox should have just said to Lee "How about you stop trying to pry into a criminal investigation and do your actual job"

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 3: episode 19 "All Will Be Judged"

Temple Shaman reveals his hand to Bruce Wayne and sets up the next phase of training. Gordon and Bullock are put into danger as they come across a crystal owl that reveals the most coveted secrets of Gotham’s underworld. Meanwhile, Nygma and Penguin are forced to work together to get out of a tricky situation.
- Promo for this week's episode.

Epcott

I fucking swear GCPD is a joke. How many villians is that now who've just waltzed into the precinct? 🤣 Holy shit...

And lol at stabby Alfred!

B.K.

I wonder how Katherine is going to manage to get free and kick Alfred's ass. He hasn't had much luck this season fighting anyone.

TreIII

I thought we all knew and accepted that GCPD was a joke. Can't even keep a butler from interrupting an interrogation and harming a suspect, let alone stopping random supervillians from just strolling up into the house.

Edit: DAMN another decap! RIP Catherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom