• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs demo was running on PC

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
it had press A during demo it was obvious

antitrop

I have no reason to believe it won't look like that on PS4, though. And Next Xbox, as well.

Other than pure native resolution, I don't think the PC will have any real leg up on this game, graphically.

PS4 will easily be able to output what was shown. Not worried.

I'm also a little surprised at people saying it wasn't impressive. Are there open world games out today that look better? I must have missed something.

DocSeuss

PS4 will easily be able to output what was shown. Not worried.

I'm also a little surprised at people saying it wasn't impressive. Are there open world games out today that look better? I must have missed something.

A lot of us were watching it on streams that kept jumping to 240p.

Salsa

it looked like a better Sleeping Dogs in a lot of aspects. Sleeping Dogs on PC seriously looks fucking amazing.

dorkimoe

couldnt they have ran it off ps3? wasnt it developed for ps3?

regardless, that gameplay was one of the coolest things i have seen

antitrop

it looked like a better Sleeping Dogs in a lot of aspects. Sleeping Dogs on PC seriously looks fucking amazing.
I thought Sleeping Dogs on PC looked better than Watch_Dogs in certain areas, but certainly not in others.
I was particularly impressed by the animation of Watch_Dogs.
But Sleeping Dogs has one of the smallest worlds of any game this generation. Watch_Dogs will look as good as it does, and will most likely having an enormous open world taking advantage of all that sexy RAM.

And the PC version will be Godlike, as always.

ypo

Eh, it was the least impressive looking demo. Ubisoft actually went through all the trouble of replacing Dualshock button icons?

Salsa

GC with 4gb of GDDR5 exists, a SLI will do the trick for instance.

RAM =/= VRAM

there are no sticks of DDR5 RAM on PCs yet

edit: oh just read that G. It's still not a fair comparission to the PS3 cause we're talking about different things

Sentenza

Eh, it was the least impressive looking demo. Ubisoft actually went through all the trouble of replacing Dualshock button icons?
it's not really a big trouble, uh.
There are even PC games where modders did the the same just changing one texture.

I thought SLI limited you to one cards pool.
It doesn't "limit" it, but it mirrors it. if you have two GPUs in SLI, the memory for both contains the same data.

Derrick01

Banned
I agree Sleeping Dogs looks good, but still doesn't top this at all.

Sleeping Dog's animations are generally less than average, IMO though.

Sleeping Dogs doesn't even look that great on PC during normal day time. It really shines at night and when it rains at night because of the lighting, which did have some next gen-ish tricks to it.

But this game looked miles ahead of every GTA-like game. The gameplay also looked surprisingly fun and possibly even fresh depending on how far they take that hacking stuff. I got a smile out of hacking that one guy's bank account, reminded me of deus ex 1.

Outside of lighting, PS3 can come close to matching that.

igDURqxBfXPja.gif

Top Bottom