• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Contributed to today's fanart blitz.

marina_from_splatoon_2_by_sylverstone14-dbfdg4p.png

Process vid as well.

jdstorm

Banned
We need some Splatoon 2 x ARMS crossover art.

Marina x Twintelle
Pearl x Ribbon Girl
Callie x Mechanica
Marie x Min Min

More like
Pearl x Min Min and Marie x Ribon Girl

On an unrelated note, Nintendo must be loving how the timing of this worked out. Marina looks enough like MJ from the new Spiderman film, and thats going to lead to some serious brand association potential as Kids and Squids who loved Spiderman and want new video games are going to want the one with Octopus MJ

Fucking hell @ all the Marina art it's perfection.
Pearl is not that bad in 2D art actually.

I'd say she is just fine in 3D as well, but that's just me apparently. Imo, the only thing wrong with her design (and for that matter Marina's as well) are those huge zippers. Love both of their designs.

EDIT: though I just noticed that the hole in their zippers is mimicking their pupil design.

13ruce

Banned
I'd say she is just fine in 3D as well, but that's just me apparently. Imo, the only thing wrong with her design (and for that matter Marina's as well) are those huge zippers. Love both of their designs.

i agree actually just played the demo and in that splatfest newscast she looks normal/fine i think static images of her 3D model don't do her justice when she emotes etc in game it looks fine and they work quite good as a duo.

Design wise i don't like her but it is growin on me. Sure she is overshadowed but i am sure others will grow on the design aswell when playin Splatoon 2.

I like the zippers tho (thanks Kingdom Hearts for that lol)!

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
The issue with Pearl is her perpetual "squint". If her eyes were the same size as other characters (and make her "hair" cover her forehead a bit more), she'd be tolerable at the very least.

Psxphile

^ omg amazing

Why is this thread so hard to search for? I type in "Splatoon" and use the "in titles only" option and it brings up every other thread but this one. Had to search it out manually, which took a while. Couldn't find the damn thing.

Anyhoo...

source

be nice
she's trying her best

Neoxon

tumblr_osox7tOHLm1ulavcso1_1280.jpg

This was posted in the SFV OT, so I don't know about the source of the image besides it originating from somewhere on Tumblr.

phanphare

Banned
Why is this thread so hard to search for? I type in "Splatoon" and use the "in titles only" option and it brings up every other thread but this one. Had to search it out manually, which took a while. Couldn't find the damn thing.

it's because this thread is from 2014, it started because of the OG Splatoon

13ruce

Banned
This game is going to be huge isn't it

Would not surprise me if it passes 10m in sales down the way. Splatoon 1 was nearly 5 on a death one and Switch is surely gonna outsell Wii U so it's certainly possible especially since it's a early Switch life title too. Unless ofcourse they release splatoon 3 2 years later lol.

Top Bottom