• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Sevyne

Have you got that 84 gif ready to use?

I know you're probably not trying to be negative, but I have to say that I even consider an 84 a victory. Of course I feel that it deserves the current 94, but there's no way most game critics will see this game to it's true end, and many would probably miss the point too.

killatopak

Have you got that 84 gif ready to use?

aXksQxb.jpg

Kthulhu

OMG the month March is insane...

Got:
Ps4 pro + Horizon
Switch + zelda

Want:
Nioh
Yakuza zero
Mass Effect
Nier Automata

Next month
Persona 5

Man crazy all this good games in a span of 2-3 month...

I always like to look at which one needs my money the most.

For example, I gave up on buying accessories for the Switch so I could get Neir.

Violet_0

Banned
haven't played the first NieR (but have watched that Everything You Need to Know About NieR video the other day)

I got pretty excited when I learned this also comes to PC. The first game looked a bit rough but inspired, I'm looking forward to experiencing the craziness of the series

Sakujou

Banned
now we need the anouncement of vanquish 2 for the switch.

this would melt minds out there.

gonna dip nier.

platinum games are the only game creating gods out there next to nintendo

I always like to look at which one needs my money the most.

For example, I gave up on buying accessories for the Switch so I could get Neir.

Logic defeated when the wizard makes Yakua 0, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, good Resident Evil and Nier 2 happen within two months.

Take it from someone who has played all of them at some point or the other, you don't want to at this point.

They would have to be completely remade to have anyone want to play them in this day and age(even DK3, even though it only came out 3 years ago, which should set off red flags)

Yet i feel like that would have them lose something in the process, even in the quest to make them much better games

Played through Drakengard for the first time last week. Working on D3 right now. That fps is rough.

I think your crazy in saying that people couldn't want to play through Nier or at least the first Drakengard today.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Dayum!

I never did try NieR's fishing minigame, but I'm really glad for how it is designed in Automata.

Contrary to what you might have head, Nier's fishing game is pretty fun and easy. Its just let down badly by the text tutorial giving incorrect instructions, and some people getting confused at the location of the first fishing spot despite the big red X on the minimap showing exactly where you need to be.

Where are all the other reviews? Is the game just falling under the radar because of the timing, or is it expected to sell well with its audience?

Where are all the other reviews? Is the game just falling under the radar because of the timing, or is it expected to sell well with its audience?

Most outlets got this game from Square via the traditional review copy process, so the embargo lifts tomorrow.

All these reviews are done via the Asian copy of the game released last month, that is practically the worldwide version of the game since it has Eng/Jap voice acting and text.

killatopak

Well damn. That means the actual game will look better than the cutscenes on PC. Wonder if it's that way on the Pro as well.

It will look better on the pro since the prerendered cutscenes have the same resolution of the base ps4 which is 900p.

Just went through Clemps' videos

A fantastic summary. Forgot how good the writing and story was for NIER. Oh and the voice acting.

Hope Automata has strong voice direction too...puts most JRPG's to shame!

Just went through Clemps' videos

A fantastic summary. Forgot how good the writing and story was for NIER. Oh and the voice acting.

Hope Automata has strong voice direction too...puts most JRPG's to shame!
I hope so too. It is the same localisation studio doing it but the demo wasn't really anything to go by as 2B and 9S were obviously holding back their emotions. Need to see those dramatic moments.

Jocund

I hope so too. It is the same localisation studio doing it but the demo wasn't really anything to go by as 2B and 9S were obviously holding back their emotions. Need to see those dramatic moments.
The localization and the voice performances are impeccable. Don't worry

pezzie

As someone that played the entire game with English VA, it's pretty darn good, and in a few cases of emotional moments, really great. The Japanese VA might even be better from the little bit I saw, but I can say the English performance was more than good enough for me.

killatopak

As someone that played the entire game with English VA, it's pretty darn good, and in a few cases of emotional moments, really great. The Japanese VA might even be better from the little bit I saw, but I can say the English performance was more than good enough for me.

I heard English is better overall not for being spoken better but because there are dialogues while there is action going on so reading subtitles while fighting can cause you to miss some stuff.

Awesome news.

So hyped for this game.

Have decided to buy it instead of Horizon or ME. Can only afford one game this month

That's great news. God, this game can't come fast enough.

Top Bottom