• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible publisher of The Conduit...

Dre

I thought Nintendo wanted to publish this game !? It must have been a dream ...
Nonetheless it's great that The Conduit finally found a publisher, it deserves it.

Struct09

Dre said:
Nonetheless it's great that The Conduit finally found a publisher, it deserves it.

I think High Voltage themselves confirmed that it wouldn't be Nintendo

Milabrega

Mad World Box Art:

http://i33.tinypic.com/33fc02q.jpg

15z5cus.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Dre said:

Nintendo publishing would have been terrible for the game.
Sega is a much better fit, and I totally saw it coming. Cool.

Edit:

Actually #2, I said nothing here. I don't know what I'm talking about, move along.

John Harker said:
Nintendo publishing would have been terrible for the game.
Sega is a much better fit, and I totally saw it coming. Cool.

Edit:

Actually, sorry gents, totally dropped the ball here.
I got an email like a week ago saying they were the publisher and I never read it, heh

I haven't been able to find a peep about SEGA announcing that they're publishing it. I'd think that the bigger sites would pick up on it as something that's at least newsworthy.

RJT

SEGA is probably the only publisher that gets the Wii. Light Gun games, weird stuff like Mad World, classics like Samba, Mini-Games collections like Mario and Sonic. A little bit for everyone, casual and hardcore. Kudos!

That Sega logo REALLY stands out. It looks totally out of place.

I wish more developers would design their box arts the way EA does, with the logo specially stylized to fit with the art.

Zen

Banned
Koopakiller said:
That Sega logo REALLY stands out. It looks totally out of place.

I wish more developers would design their box arts the way EA does, with the logo specially stylized to fit with the art.
I'd sort of prefer to have to logo stick out, at least for a publisher like Sega. That isn't an insult, I secretly pine for them to rebuilt their brand identity and consumer confidence (of which they have none at all outside of Sonic being mass market ish).
If they have a hard time making mass market good games, than publishing good games is a good step in the right direction.

dacuk

Confirmed Shadow the Hedgehog as a hidden character in The Conduit!

Just kidding, that would be as stupid as Sonic in Game.com

Azure J

Oh shit, SEGA's getting real before the big 09/09/09 I see. This is totally unexpected yet wanted imho. Also, the MadWorld box art looks awesome, and the SEGA Blue logo only adds to it weirdly enough.

MarkusRJR

Nicktals said:
Yeah, what was there?

Is this confirmed?
I can confirm it was there (saw it earlier). It was just a folder/directory (not sure what to call it) labeled "The Conduit" with nothing inside of it.

Threi

notag
shagg_187 said:
No screengrab? Fail :(
i have a screengrab (and so does Volcynika) but i dunno if i should post it for fear of ninjas, killer hedgehogs, and dudes in judo outfits.

Sadist

Threi said:
i have a screengrab (and so does Volcynika) but i dunno if i should post it for fear of ninjas, killer hedgehogs, and dudes in judo outfits.
Care, if it gets removed you know you're on to something.

Credits to Volcynika for the find

Should have seen how proud he was to finally scoop something.

That's my little Volc.

EDIT

Def not a 'shop. Volc asked me about this early this morning and then sent me the link for it. I told him I thought Nintendo was going to publish it, then he gave me the link.

16hkvop.jpg

EDIT

Yes, 1PM is early for me.

Milabrega

A lot of us saw it. I don't get why they won't announce Sega as the publisher unless IGN claimed some sorta exclusive publisher announcement given the hype/coverage they have done for the game, including hype/coverage on who the publisher would be.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Cassassassasssassassasassassassaassamina steals GAF's scoop :lol :lol

http://wii.ign.com/articles/924/924728p1.html

Until recently, anyway. Last we spoke with High Voltage's Eric Nofsinger, he noted that after a long decision process, the company had finally decided on a publisher -- one to be revealed soon.

Sooner than we thought, perhaps. SEGA recently posted a 'The Conduit' folder to its public FTP site, indicating that the giant publisher could be the one set to back the Wii title.

An official announcement is expected before the end of the week. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom