• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

PREACH!!! Talking to people is tough!

I know right, like fuck people!

Uhhh maybe I'm lashing out at the wrong thing here lol

I'm sorry people you didn't deserve that

I've been seeing a psychiatrist for a long time and been seeing a counselor for half a year. She basically confirmed that I had PTSD and had always suspected from it after being hit by a car in 2003 and my parents divorce. Also doesn't help that I'm high functioning autistic white male.

You can do it, man

Thank you, and best of luck to you!

Will echo that childhood divorce and parental fighting is fucking rough

While my issues are nowhere near as severe (I hope), and I'm technically living m6 life decently without assistance, there's just some things I need to know about myself that I need to work out, not even necessarily going on meds unless its absolutely recommended I do

RiP TC McQueen. Ill remember that one time you posted a thing and i chuckled.
May the Baz pass over you.
Shit dawg I'm hoping for the best!!
Thanks guys, I promise to try to not get killed.
PREACH!!! Talking to people is tough!
I've been seeing a psychiatrist for a long time and been seeing a counselor for half a year. She basically confirmed that I had PTSD and had always suspected from it after being hit by a car in 2003 and my parents divorce. Also doesn't help that I'm high functioning autistic white male.

You can do it, man
I know right, like fuck people!

Uhhh maybe I'm lashing out at the wrong thing here lol

I'm sorry people you didn't deserve that

Thank you, and best of luck to you!

Will echo that childhood divorce and parental fighting is fucking rough

While my issues are nowhere near as severe (I hope), and I'm technically living m6 life decently without assistance, there's just some things I need to know about myself that I need to work out, not even necessarily going on meds unless its absolutely recommended I do
I know those feels, being a military brat on top of an introvert probably did me no favors, but man, fuck the meds. They seem to have a 50/50 chance to make you go suicidal, which is actually worse than doing nothing.

Strimei

i think the only episode of the Evil Within LP I go back to watch is the one where Pat is on his own (episode 9?)

him finding all the stuff they missed and getting singularly pissed at the games performance was grand

I enjoy the whole LP personally, but the episode where they lose audio for a portion of it is great if only because they show the audio-less portion and it is enhanced because of it.

Its the part where Pat stops at a tripwire mine, and you see him look left, right, left, and then just walks forward and blows up.

edit: Watching the Fight of Gods SMS and I was reminded, had the legends gone with Remus instead of Romulus, we could've ended up with Reme instead of Rome. Hehe.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Last page we were talking about possible Shitstorm games, and I think they should totally play the original Silent Hill. That game is still pretty scary, but more importantly, fucking hilarious. Also, I'd love an Ib/Mad Father/Witch's House video. On that similar note, them reacting to the weirdness that is Yume Nikki would also be pretty rad.

20 more days to go!

Anung

Un Rama
Last page we were talking about possible Shitstorm games, and I think they should totally play the original Silent Hill. That game is still pretty scary, but more importantly, fucking hilarious. Also, I'd love an Ib/Mad Father/Witch's House video. On that similar note, them reacting to the weirdness that is Yume Nikki would also be pretty rad.

20 more days to go!

By the time this channel has died I want all mainline RE's and SH's to be complete.

Xater

Fun fact: I tried playing Policenauts not too long ago. I stopped the moment the interaction with the flight attendant happened.

Numb

Some people don't know Rage has a lady

giphy.gif

she hits MC's like hadokens

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
also pats desire to be right to others about things, is funny and sometimes annoying

Agreed, but that directly relates to whether I agree with Pat, so that probably says more about me than him.

Absolutely. I hope he keeps it up and manages to become a bigger figure in the general FGC.

Woolie might not beat Diago in fighting games, but he can beat him in job security.

Village

pats week talk, discussing Sonic Mania

Pat was weird about that

" its a little badge of honor to know the things I liked about sonic is what made it good"

That's not how that works pat.

Also I don't quite think woolie hit that. I don't think woolie pays enough attention to like sonic team, and sonic games in general. Because the sonic team problem is a different and possibly much worse problem.

Howcis your new post apocalyptic world treating you, Vault Dweller?
My neighborhood got through the storm pretty well. The biggest thing was some trees in a neighbor's backyard collapsing into ours and having to use a generator for two days (those things are fucking noisy).

Haven't really gone outside the neighborhood though, mostly because there's tons of traffic lights out and Florida(wo)men don't know how to go through 4 way stops.

My neighborhood got through the storm pretty well. The biggest thing was some trees in a neighbor's backyard collapsing into ours and having to use a generator for two days (those things are fucking noisy).

Haven't really gone outside the neighborhood though, mostly because there's tons of traffic lights out and Florida(wo)men don't know how to go through 4 way stops.

lol theres one 4-way where I live that's a nightmare when it goes out (and sometimes not even when the power goes out, even the technicians apparently don't know wtf sometimes)

If I'm lucky I can circumvent it, but sometimes its too late and i feel like im going to have a panic attack

I was skimming the view counts for Getting It Up Under Pressure Marks and I can't help but wonder if Woolie and Matt are just terrible at choosing games or if it's become a self-fulfilling prophecy where they say, "Woolie and Matt LPs get terrible ratings anyway, so we should use it as a dumping ground for garbage no one could ever care about."

I worry it's the former.

I was skimming the view counts for Getting It Up Under Pressure Marks and I can't help but wonder if Woolie and Matt are just terrible at choosing games or if it's become a self-fulfilling prophecy where they say, "Woolie and Matt LPs get terrible ratings anyway, so we should use it as a dumping ground for garbage no one could ever care about."

I worry it's the former.
I think it's probably Woolie who's bad at choosing games for full LPs. Aside from Mirror's Edge and Titanfall, and maybe that Def Jam LP and Livin' Da Dream, I don't think he's ever shown the ability to pick good games to LP. There's kind of a reason why the Woolie/Liam LP combo wasn't super great.

That said, I think there's a lot more bias against the Matt/Woolie combo because a lot of it is Telltale games, which gets really fucking old, and obscure titles they don't do the greatest job of highlighting why these games are interesting (that or people just don't like early 2000s jank).

Strimei

That said, I think there's a lot more bias against the Matt/Woolie combo because a lot of it is Telltale games, which gets really fucking old, and obscure titles they don't do the greatest job of highlighting why these games are interesting (that or people just don't like early 2000s jank).

I dunno if its Telltale though I guess they have done quite a few of them, huh? I think its the latter part of what you said though, more obscure titles and jank.

I feel bad for it but some of their stuff, like many Cryme Tyme options in the past, or Tony Hawk, or Getting Up nowadays, just has zero interest for me.

Do they ever go in depth talking about their experiences with pyre in a podcast because those 2 episodes were not nearly enough for me that game is DOPE

Frimaire

I think it's probably Woolie who's bad at choosing games for full LPs. Aside from Mirror's Edge and Titanfall, and maybe that Def Jam LP and Livin' Da Dream, I don't think he's ever shown the ability to pick good games to LP. There's kind of a reason why the Woolie/Liam LP combo wasn't super great.

Wasn't Woolie the one who got them to do Policenauts, as well?

Top Bottom