• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Famitsu scans (Blue Dragon, Lost Planet, Super Robo Taisen)

neo2046

Blue Dragon has posted by Duckroll but the scans already gone to page 3,
so I post them again

from 2ch

Blue Dragon
Lost Planet / Super Robo Taisen XO

EktorPR

Blue Dragon battle backgrounds look surprisingly bland... and empty. They need some stuff to fill those with activity and/or visual nuinsances.

Lost Planet looks as cool as ever.

duckroll

Stinkles said:
They're not really a big priority for Famitsu X360.

Thread title is a bit misleading, to be fair.

These are all from Weekly Famitsu though, the Famitsu X360 thing is an ad for the monthly issue that's coming out in the same week.

Lost Planet looks like so much fun. I haven't had a bout of bug-blasting-on-icey-planets since...ever. GIVE IT TO ME CAPCOM!! Does anyone know if it's getting released in the US first?

Bebpo

Banned
Systems_id said:
Lost Planet looks like so much fun. I haven't had a bout of bug-blasting-on-icey-planets since...ever. GIVE IT TO ME CAPCOM!! Does anyone know if it's getting released in the US first?

JPN = Dec 21
US = Jan something.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Systems_id said:

Have you played it yet? everything you said is true... it's incredible

Captain N

I'm still not sure if Blue Dragon is worth importing a 360 for..well that and having Lost Planet three weeks early.

Captain N

ORANGUTAN said:
can you read japanese? if so i'd do it.... if not whats wrong with you?

haha I can't read much Japanese at all. The first time I imported a system it was the PSOne and I got Tenchu, Metal Gear & Parasite Eve. I couldn't read any Japanese, but beat them. I beat a few Japanese RPGs before without being able to read the text as well. I just really want Blue Dragon.

nice scans, i can't hardly wait for Blue Dragon and Lost Planet, but i'm also interesed in this SRT XO, i think i'll try it, but my japanese = zero, so i'll need to check out gamefaqs as i do with every only-japanese game.. at least to understand the main options of the combat system, so does the story..

anyway.. so next Weekly Famitsu is the issue wich is supposed to have included the Lost Odyssey demo, isn't it? could anyone tell me when is it supposed to be out? i'd like to order it to playasia (miss you so much Lik-Sang..) or yesasia.. any other on-line store suggestion will be much appreciated.

c ya

Ginko

nice scans

i'm starting to get the concept of "blue dragon" now. Though i'm not so much into lost planet but i'll get it anyway.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Captain N said:
haha I can't read much Japanese at all. The first time I imported a system it was the PSOne and I got Tenchu, Metal Gear & Parasite Eve. I couldn't read any Japanese, but beat them. I beat a few Japanese RPGs before without being able to read the text as well. I just really want Blue Dragon.

just be patient... they've said that bd localization is going to be much faster compared to other rpg's

Wouldn 't it be odd if Blue Dragon lived up to its hype, but failed to sell well in NA?

I dunno about you, but if plays as good as it looks, then I would love to s ee a sequel!

duckroll

Tsubaki said:
:eek: @ $280 Blue Dragon Premium pack that just comes with a faceplate and mini figure

It comes with a Xbox360 core pack, the game, a faceplate and 5 mini figures. It's a ****ing steal. :D

Tsubaki

duckroll said:
It comes with a Xbox360 core pack, the game, a faceplate and 5 mini figures. It's a ****ing steal. :D

Oh. Haha. I see that now.

There's alot of characters in the PSP TOW... how many were in the GBA games, for reference?

The TotW games have always been Tales crossovers of sorts, with a lot of characters from the main games showing up (and being usable in the form of costumes). They just run on bare minimum fetch-questy storylines. They sport very few dungeons, and the fetch quests are pretty much what makes you go deeper and deeper in them. The gameplay is much more action focused than the console versions, which means button mashy juggling if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not.) And finally, because of their costume systems, it's extremely grinding-oriented.

I personally hate the TotW:ND2 game I have, but I don't consider console Tales to be all that much better.

Mandoric

Banned
intheinbetween said:
nice scans, i can't hardly wait for Blue Dragon and Lost Planet, but i'm also interesed in this SRT XO, i think i'll try it, but my japanese = zero, so i'll need to check out gamefaqs as i do with every only-japanese game.. at least to understand the main options of the combat system, so does the story.

There's plenty of FAQs useful for it, sadly---it's mostly a straight-up port of a Gamecube game, which itself was relatively poor for the series. Not sure it's the best introduction, unless you lack any recent handhelds or import consoles within the past couple gens.

On the other hand, Blue Dragon is looking nice and shiny. I may have to get that shipped with EDF3.

Mandoric said:
There's plenty of FAQs useful for it, sadly---it's mostly a straight-up port of a Gamecube game, which itself was relatively poor for the series. Not sure it's the best introduction, unless you lack any recent handhelds or import consoles within the past couple gens.

On the other hand, Blue Dragon is looking nice and shiny. I may have to get that shipped with EDF3.

i know this SRT XO is a straight-up port of a NGC game, but it has some improvements that i'd like to give it a try, specially for the Live! options, i think it could be cool. anyway, i must say that i didn't have the chance of trying that SRT XO on Gamecube, so this will be my first get-in-touch with this SRT title.

btw, i hope the asian version (not the NTSC-Japanese version, the Korean one) of Blue Dragon comes out with english subtitles, does anyone know if there is a release date anounced for this asian version?

c ya

WYWY

intheinbetween said:
but i'm also interesed in this SRT XO
Upgraded port of SRT GC. The roster is slightly... kiddy. Also not the best SRT around. Plus 3D really, really isn't Banpresto's thing.

The best SRT in recent years is the alpha series, and they are all going cheap with budget "Best!" versions at PA. If you want a taste of what SRT feels like, why not try it with the best, and cheaper too.

Mandoric

Banned
WYWY said:
Upgraded port of SRT GC. The roster is slightly... kiddy. Also not the best SRT around. Plus 3D really, really isn't Banpresto's thing.

The best SRT in recent years is the alpha series, and they are all going cheap with budget "Best!" versions at PA. If you want a taste of what SRT feels like, why not try it with the best, and cheaper too.

As much as it's off-topic in the thread, either dipping in with the Alphas, or the English-version OG series if you lack an import PS2, or waiting a month for OGs, is a much better choice. It's really not that great of an iteration in the series, and while it has a few attractions for fanboys, you'd do much better buying a different game, whether a different platform's version of the series or just a different holiday title.

Top Bottom