• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011 Season of Vettel Fingering the Competition |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD

DrM said:
Ok, we need Button finger for that 'fingers' gif
z_butt_mcla_montreal_20111-470x313.jpg

stewy

Canadian Grand Prix was incredible. Almost makes up for losing the no doubt amazing finish we would have seen at Monaco were it not for the late red flag.

So pissed - had to run errands with the fiance so I DVR'd the Canadian GP (with an extra 30 min. just in case it went long). Of course I missed everything after the red flag. Argh.

mclaren777

Random pictures from Monaco, some of which are begging for a caption.

Some stand-out pictures:
• Mclaren brought an MP4-12C to Monaco, probably to entice potential buyers.
• Notice the angle of the drivershafts on the Williams relative to a normal car.
• Apparently HRT is still using metal suspension pieces on its car.
• The fake Michael Schumacher head is creepy.
• There was so much tire debris strewn around this track.
• The Mika Hakkinen image makes me sick. He used to be my favorite F1 driver of all time but I'm disgusted that he left Erja and his two kids to go be a playboy. Even Michael has more decency and I violently hate that man.

IIA6s.jpg

JjQsc.jpg

sbc9n.jpg

hRPBK.jpg

0TOBG.jpg

JOb3M.jpg

C0FIw.jpg

rTGSC.jpg

3h5CY.jpg

ZhFaS.jpg

YYJ2w.jpg

SKEBv.jpg

P5VJk.jpg

wi4B0.jpg

gmTt0.jpg

lwS3u.jpg

NAQLe.jpg

FQ7nj.jpg

z68Lj.jpg

cqGTn.jpg

Leunam

YES, I was just thinking the same thing. She seems to be the most visible manager on the grid, even more than Anthony Hamilton. It's actually almost creepy. Like a Bond villain.

Look at how she whispers Cold War secrets into his ear.

Ark

mclaren777 said:
Nope, she's definitely his manager.

Her name is Oksana Kossatschenko.

Hey I don't want to sound ungrateful, but is there any chance you could resize those mass picture posts in the future? They take up so much space and it can be annoying to scroll them them all. But don't get me wrong, thanks a lot for putting them up :) Great pictures.

Shaneus said:
I reckon that given the choice, RBR would rather have a solid #2 like Webber than a 50/50 #1 like Lewis.

I doubt it to be honest. We've all seen what Hamilton can do in a winning car, and I'm fairly certain many people would love to see Hamilton & Vettel go at it in the same equipment, I certainly would. Webber is clearly further away from Vettel this season, whether it be mechanical issues (KERS), tyre problems or just being outdone by a guy 10 years younger.

Hamilton moving to RBR wouldn't be a great surprise imo. They haven't produced a clear WDC winning car since 2008. And if Hamilton is out the front in an RBR, we don't have to worry about him running into people :p

AcridMeat said:
I knew I was fucked for racemanager, but it still stings to see it.

edit: And well below anyone in the top 50 for the GP, awesome.

I lost 8 places...Going for a new gamble for Valencia.

God dammit I WILL make the top 50..

Ark

mclaren777 said:
What maximum width would you prefer?

It's not the width that's the problem, it's just the sheer size making the page much longer than it would usually be. The re-sized linked images in the Le Mans thread were good imo.

But maybe it's just me..

mclaren777

It's unlikely that I'll ever post images like I did today because I don't often come into possession of such collections.

But in the future I'll try to be more mindful of your request.

mclaren777 said:
The Mika Hakkinen image makes me sick. He used to be my favorite F1 driver of all time but I'm disgusted that he left Erja and his two kids to go be a playboy. Even Michael has more decency and I violently hate that man.

Pretty sure Michael stole his [now] wife from Heinz-Harry.

Ark

mclaren777 said:
It's unlikely that I'll ever post images like I did today because I don't often come into possession of such collections.

But in the future I'll try to be more mindful of your request.

No problem, thanks a lot :)

Leunam

Like that one GP with the guy that runs onto the start/finish holding a sign. Looked like a few drivers swerved toward him to give him a scare.

Nolan.

Shaneus said:
I reckon that given the choice, RBR would rather have a solid #2 like Webber than a 50/50 #1 like Lewis.

Or why not have two eager and competent young drivers in a Newey car (he's only '50-50' now because of the current climate within Mclaren I feel). From RBR's perspective it's a potentially formidable setup IF it were to work out. I think if Hamilton move there they probably would dominate but cracks might fragment yet another team with two '#1' drivers. Both Hamilton and Vettel are primadonnas and moan about a lot of things and if the team don't get bored of them they'll probably end up getting bored of each other because neither takes loosing well. However Vettel seems to get a buzz out of racing Hamilton and vice versa whilst neither seem to acknowledge their current team mates. Both of them seem to be so giddy in interviews when talking about the other. So who knows, maybe putting them in similar equipment could spark up an interesting 'inter team' relationship and competition if it doesn't go sour.

Hamilton at Red Bull would be awful. He and Vettel would not co-exist at all.

I like Hamilton at Mclaren. He's the crazy half to compliment Button's style and the two seem to get on really well.

S. L.

yeah i think Hamilton 'superstar' (always has this big entourage around, etc) style fits better with McL and he goes well along with Button. Thou I guess anyone can adapt to drive a winning car :)

Ark

Psychotext said:
I hope every driver does that finger thing. It would suck to see that gif conga end.

I'm sure we could find a picture of each driver doing 'the finger' at least once sometime in their career :p

S. L. said:
yeah i think Hamilton 'superstar' (always has this big entourage around, etc) style fits better with McL and he goes well along with Button. Thou I guess anyone can adapt to drive a winning car :)

Until recently, McLaren drivers couldn't even grow facial hair. All the superfluous glitz is Red Bull all over.

Personally, I think Hamilton could operate well in any team in the grid (when a driver is that valued, the team will change to please them to an extent), it's obviously just dependant on the car. And if RBR really have Newey pinned down long term, I think they're the safer bet given his track record.

Ark

Dilly said:
Why exactly is Ken Block going to be a Pirelli test driver?

August I believe. During the 4-week long summer break.

EDIT: Holy balls did I misread that post. Tiredness kicking in now. Ignore this post.

Leunam

The why isn't clear. It may just be a one-off thing since he has no open wheel experience. If Pirelli wants actual data and feedback they would probably just go back to De La Rosa or Grosjean.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Sleeplessnights said:
Could someone get me up to speed here? I'm struggling to understand the whole story behind this.
Corina dated Heinz Harald-Frentzen (ex F1 driver), but then she dumped him for Schumacher or something like that. You could see her in Mercedes garage in Canada.
Old one is true family man, married since 1995. Never brought his family under media influence, he keeps his private life out of the media reach.

Ark

DrM said:
Corina dated Heinz Harald-Frentzen (ex F1 driver), but then she dumped him for Schumacher or something like that. You could see her in Mercedes garage in Canada.
Old one is true family man, married since 1995. Never brought his family under media influence, he keeps his private life out of the media reach.

Does Schumi have children?

His kids would be free of any kind of teasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom