• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
PS4 owners should be aware about a glitch I encounter that could potentially be game breaking. While doing a story mission, you take an elevator to reach a passage to met a certain individual. Problem is, once you reach the floor, the whole passage is glitched and missing and crossing over will lead to death.

The only thing that fixed this problem was reloading an old save file from the PS+ cloud. None of my current save files worked and neither did uninstalling the game.

It corrupted every single save file you had?

Xumbrega

Banned
Just finished the first mission and wow.. Game is beautiful and plays so much better than HR, it really feels like a polished Human Revolution so if you loved HR you can't really miss with MD.

Btw, GOAT OST.

Well, wrapped the tutorial. Was... not hugely impressed with the end of it?
It seemed really cool and intense, but then I found out my tranq rifle was extra uselss, and then it turned out the best way to handle it was to just dash to the choppa and yank the battery while invisible.
Idk. Also felt like visual feedback was lacking, it was tough keeping tack of everything going on (even before that), though that might just be down to my not having played a game on my TV in a hot minute + everything in this particular level being brown, lol.

Now for the, you know, rest of the game.

Effect

Any word on how the difficulty settings are different? AI changes on the harder one? More enemies overall? More requirements to upgrade augs? Hacking is harder? Etc?

Karak

Well, wrapped the tutorial. Was... not hugely impressed with the end of it?
It seemed really cool and intense, but then I found out my tranq rifle was extra uselss, and then it turned out the best way to handle it was to just dash to the choppa and yank the battery while invisible.
Idk. Also felt like visual feedback was lacking, it was tough keeping tack of everything going on (even before that), though that might just be down to my not having played a game on my TV in a hot minute + everything in this particular level being brown, lol.

Now for the, you know, rest of the game.

I talked about this a bit during my review. I think there are a couple fixes that could have been done to that UI for sure.

Staf

God damnit, god damnit, god damnit! Just got to work with a fresh deus ex downloaded and unplayed back home. 8 hours left...

I talked about this a bit during my review. I think there are a couple fixes that could have been done to that UI for sure.

Oh, it doesn't improve :/

I found myself wishing I could do the Arkham thing where I just turn on special vision all the time... not a great sign lol. But that's probably partly down to tiredness.

Stiler

Glad to see that the world design and characters seem to hold up.

Can someone explain to me why they still insist on thees archaic "Takedowns" though? I mean, cutscenes? Fade of black? using energy? It's not 1995, why can't they do them as good as Metal Gear Solid or such? Where it simply plays the animation without having to go into a cutscene or fade to black or anything that feels like it's wasting time/taking you out of the game.

Glad to see that the world design and characters seem to hold up.

Can someone explain to me why they still insist on thees archaic "Takedowns" though? I mean, cutscenes? Fade of black? using energy? It's not 1995, why can't they do them as good as Metal Gear Solid or such? Where it simply plays the animation without having to go into a cutscene or fade to black or anything that feels like it's wasting time/taking you out of the game.
Using energy I get, the rest just seems annoying

I have a preorder for Best Buy tomorrow but saw someone mentioned it was already at Redbox (I didn't know they got new games) so I just ran out and grabbed a copy

For 3 bucks I can let that shit update while I sleep (I have slow download speeds so it would've been close to another 2 hours after picking it up tomorrow morning) and I can play when I wake up

All of these pro strats and more, free

I was kind of annoyed that the digital version unlocks late instead of 12am eastern time like it has been for the last few games i've purchased. I thought it would unlock 1 hour later. I miscalculated the time. It unlocks at 3am eastern time. I'll still be up though to play it. Really looking forward to this.

Comes out on my birthday tomorrow. :(

I won't be able to buy anything for the rest of the year or more. :(

Not getting anything for my Birthday either.

Life sucks to be honest.

Wish I could be playing with y'all, the last Deus Ex came out on my birthday too. That was a great day.

Can't wait to read some more impressions.

Started the download, put the PS4 in rest mode for 5 hours... checked, got a "cannot download" error because my ISP is fucking dogshit, tried to resume download but it would never kick back in, so I had to delete it and restart it.

I never asked for this.

Fordy

Oh, it doesn't improve :/

I found myself wishing I could do the Arkham thing where I just turn on special vision all the time... not a great sign lol. But that's probably partly down to tiredness.

I think that area was tough with the sandstorm, I doubt the rest of the game will be as bad. Doesn't help that the rifle was bolt action and about 20 guys to take out in quick succession.

It corrupted every single save file you had?

Something like that. This is what happened, Friday I play a few hours and I tend to quick save a lot by overriding old saves (I got like 10). So on Saturday (Friday saves go to cloud), I start like normal and after 2 hours I have completely replaced all of my 10 save files with newer ones and then I reach the location of the glitch.

Okay then, I reload my auto save and nothing changes. I reload a slightly older save file and nothing. I then reload my oldest save file from when I started the game on Saturday and NOTHING changes. So I start panicking a little I try to see If could un-glitch it by trying to get to the mission objectives in different ways by doing long jumps and using one of the new Augs, but nothing worked and I kept falling out of the level.

I uninstalled the game twice, played once with the patch and another without the patch (which was pointless because the save files don't work on base game without the patches) and it didn't work. So last thing I did was to replace all of my save files with the ones in the cloud from the previous day. I replayed 2 hours worth of gameplay again and it got fixed.

It was just a weird glitch and thankfully PS+ save my ass, otherwise I would have had to start from the beginning and it would have been a bitch since I was taking my time and had like more than 10 hours clocked in.

dili

Bought the digital standard edition on ps4 and can't seem to find anyway to dl it? It gave me the pre order bonuses but no access to the actual game...

From US, west coast

Why isn't available until 17:00 on steam in the UK?

CqgKdcqWcAAMWJ4.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/DeusEx/status/767875266467262465

Xumbrega

Banned
To those who finished the Golden Ticket sidequest

where the fuck is Edward? The game is not giving me any directions, the only mark I received was to find the girl, where is Edward?

ISee

It's saying about 8hrs to unlock, which comes to 1am on the 24th.

The global steam unlock time resulted in some very strange hours for some regions.
For example in mainland europe shops are now open and people can walk in, buy the game, go to work, come back home, install the game and then it's still not playable because steam says so.

It's obviously even worse for you.

Are they doing this because they don't want people to unlock a game a few hours early via vpn? But what is the harm doing so in the first place? If you're able to buy a game in a shop on release day, you should be able to immediately go home and play it, instead of having to wait 8-9 more hours. Just saying.

I seriously don't believe them. It's a single player game and not a mmo and they didn't need a 'global emergency response team' for the PS4/Xbox release which already happened asynchronous around the globe.

ekim

Is the game designed around having the UI elements visible? I know I can turn them off but if there are no other indications how to get to an objective I will just leave it at default.

Do those who finished the Golden Ticket sidequest

where the fuck is Edward? The game is not giving me any directions, the only mark I received was to find the girl, where is Edward?

Other side of the subway enterance. The stairs leading down? Go around to the other side. He's in a shop being mugged. Just knock the fucker out and talk to Edward.

Simo

Just finished the first mission and wow.. Game is beautiful and plays so much better than HR, it really feels like a polished Human Revolution so if you loved HR you can't really miss with MD.

Btw, GOAT OST.

Yup. My sentiments exactly! Fired it up half an hour ago when it unlocked and did some of the tutorial before calling it a night though given the 3am unlock time. lol

Digging the music and that's a nice touch that you can control and move the camera around the title menu or if you go in the Jensen's Stories option, you can control the camera there too to pan around his apartment.

The little things. lol I also got my bonus content too as soon as I linked my SE account in the game.

Akai__

Question for the end of the 1st mission:
Can you save Singh?
Going non-lethal and it seems impossible.

When are you supposed to play Desperate Measures? Does the game tell you about it? All it currently says is that it could spoil Mankind Divided.

Anyone?

Simo

Can you save Singh?

Yeah you can.
You can stay up top and use the Tranq Rifle to clear a lot of them and then jump down to take out the rest. Also you may be able to quickly disable the helicopter which also ends the mission and saves Singh as well.

It doesn't say but I think it's
a mission where one of the Task Force guys gives you the operation after a bombing according to the trailer from last year.
I suppose to be safe than sorry just do the mission after you beat the story to give you a little extra something to do when it's all said and done.

Can you save Singh?

Anyone?

Just run for the chopper and pull out the battery. Once the chopper is out, the story just moves on. They don't give a fuck about enemies left alive haha

No idea about the second question. Someone that finished the game will have to answer that.

Glass

Yeah you can.
You can stay up top and use the Tranq Rifle to clear a lot of them and then jump down to take out the rest. Also you may be able to quickly disable the helicopter which also ends the mission and saves Singh as well.

Watched Lirik play the opening mission last night and he was convinced the
helicopter was meant to take off and that you couldn't stop it.

Simo

Watched Lirik play the opening mission last night and he was convinced the
helicopter was meant to take off and that you couldn't stop it.

What. Lol

The game specifically tells you to stop it and there's multiple ways how. Lol

nOoblet16

Those of you who have already finished the game, how many main missions does it have? I'm in
M08
and I feel like this is the beginning of the last act.

you are very early on...not even halfway through.
Mission 18 and Mission 17 are last ones, it's a choice mission Deus Ex style...

Mooreberg

So with Prague being the only urban hub, what has the reaction been to it so far? Is it bigger than Detroit/Hengshua or do the impressions so far point to them trying to stretch the area too thin?

nOoblet16

So with Prague being the only urban hub, what has the reaction been to it so far? Is it bigger than Detroit/Hengshua or do the impressions so far point to them trying to stretch the area too thin?
It does not matter it's bigger and denser than both Hengsha and Detroit combined. Neither Hengsha nor Detroit had many indoor areas, this one has a LOT of them. Plus there is variation in TOD, weather as well as certain other things that changes stuff up.

Multiple tiny hubs are not really any better than one giant hub.

Mooreberg

It does not matter it's bigger and denser than both Hengsha and Detroit combined. Neither Hengsha nor Detroit had many indoor areas, this one has a LOT of them. Plus there is variation in TOD, weather as well as certain other things that changes stuff up.

Multiple tiny hubs are not really any better than one giant hub.
That is awesome to hear. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom