• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Samsung out-apple Apple?

longdi

Banned
Besides the expectedly faster A11 soc over Exynos, i can't help but see Apple is late to the innovation game now. Though i noticed some microstutter in X multitasking.

I chuckled a lil when Apple hype up their choice of OLED. Samsung has the accuracy and brightness spot on already.

Even the design, Samsung has Apple beat. X looks like a chunky beta hardware

iPhone_X_gestures_571x321.jpg.large.jpg

galaxy-s8-plus_gallery_front_black_s4.png

note-8-fb2.jpg

8pmSKlU.jpg

That camera indent is pretty irritating. While you'd probably get used to it for regular use, I imagine video apps and such just won't use the whole screen - in which case, what's the point? Just cut the screen there.

iPhone X looks pretty bad. Android manufacturers have been releasing phones that look better than that (while still having a fingerprint scanner), and that cost way less.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Isn't "apple" as a verb: "make a lot of money on yesterday's innovations from design"? If so: no, Samsung isn't out-appling Apple anytime soon.

Draper

Probs, the X has some terrible design language.

I update annually generally, but I'm thinking I'll keep my 7 Plus around

Pein

Banned
The note 8 and the s8 blow the iPhones outta the water I'm really thinking of getting that note 8 but I love iOS its hard to give it up.

Plus my Samsung phones in the past felt like garbage software wise after a year or so and my mom has only been on galaxy's phones since the s3 and it's been more bad than good.

O_Atoll

Samsung passed Apple when they released the Galaxy 8. They will push that lead further when they release on screen finger print scanner on the next model.

HariKari

Apple jumped the shark post Jobs. Lots of half baked products with poorly thought out design. They've still got fans and momentum, so it won't show in sales anytime soon, but they're slipping.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Samsung passed Apple when they released the Galaxy 7. They will push that lead further when they release on screen finger print reader on the next model.

Fixed.
Apple has been playing catch up since Samsung dropped the S7. Seems like with the X they are getting there.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Have to hold an X to be sure but S8 sure seems like it's a better implementation of the same idea design wise.

jobrro

Samsung looks better than the iPhone X and Essential to me. I would prefer a full bezel at the top for the camera/sensors/LED than a notch.

Still would miss the home button/finger sensor at the bottom thought.

ITT so far Samsung > iPhone > Essential, for me looks wise.

Tiny camera section on the Essential looks worse than the larger notch on iPhone IMO.

Audette

That iPhone X with wonder woman on it is not an official mock up is it? I'm under the impression the movie would be in a letterbox format to preserve the proper aspect ratio on the screen and keep the camera sensor from dipping into the movie's view. Though it could have a expanded view seizing that fills the whole screen I suppose.

Condom

I also only like the processor, the rest is specifically targeted at loyal iOS users. Maybe it was meant as that.

Xun

Apple jumped the shark post Jobs. Lots of half baked products with poorly thought out design. They've still got fans and momentum, so it won't show in sales anytime soon, but they're slipping.
Most certainly.

Some of their design choices nowadays are fucking bizarre.

That iPhone X with wonder woman on it is not an official mock up is it? I'm under the impression the movie would be in a letterbox format to preserve the proper aspect ratio on the screen and keep the camera sensor from dipping into the movie's view. Though it could have a expanded view seizing that fills the whole screen I suppose.
Correct, hands-on articles have said that videos black out the entire “top”

Gitaroo

yeah, everything looks ugly as shit pass Iphone 4S IMO.

This is true. Thats a post showing this in ths OT for the X. F U D.

Jonnax

I'm not sure about what people are saying about Android phones getting slow.
My work phone is an S6 Edge and it works great.
Plus it gets security updates.

Top Bottom