• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Sending Trout to Mars is a great first step in him not fucking up the Mariners year after year. Sign him Marvin!!!

Trout won't get traded simply because there is no equitable return for either side. Giving up what you'd need to get him is insane, but the Angels have the worst farm system maybe in history right now, so they need not only talent, but depth, which means bodies on top of bodies and lottery tickets galore on top of at least two established top-2 prospects/young players.

It's an impossible trade, but the Angels need to do something, retooling to compete in 2019 with Trout is insanity.

BFIB

Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater
SLATER SCOOP: Besides Barry Bonds, Marlins also let go of Lenny Harris (3B coach) and Reid Cornelius (bullpen coach), sources say.
Knowing Loria, he'll probably release Fernandez too.

Trout won't get traded simply because there is no equitable return for either side. Giving up what you'd need to get him is insane, but the Angels have the worst farm system maybe in history right now, so they need not only talent, but depth, which means bodies on top of bodies and lottery tickets galore on top of at least two established top-2 prospects/young players.

It's an impossible trade, but the Angels need to do something, retooling to compete in 2019 with Trout is insanity.

Bring back Conger

I like the way you think

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Fuck, Mariners are gonna miss out on all that Nintendo NX money....!! We're poor again!!

You should do what the cool kids are doing and build a new stadium/mixed-use development project in the suburbs that the team can draw rents from.

Sanjuro

AFoLUHF.jpg

Hello Atlanta.

Hello Atlanta.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Posted this before in the MLB thread:

Jon Heyman - Top 30 Free Agents And Early Contract Guesses

1) Yoenis Cespedes - $100M, 4 years.
2) Edwin Encarnacion - $80M, 4 years.
3) Wilson Ramos - $68M, 4 years.
4) Ian Desmond - $64M, 4 years.
5) Jose Bautista - $60M, 3 years.
6) Justin Turner - $60M, 4 years.
7) Aroldis Chapman - $50M, 3 years.
8) Rich Hill - $50M, 3 years.
9) Kenley Jansen - $50M, 4 years.
10) Mark Trumbo - $45M, 3 years.
no way these players get such short contracts.

I really don't want Ron Washington managing the Braves. I've seen him manage in non-DH games.

Bud Black would be interesting though. I'm sure he'd be fired up those 19 games against the Nationals.

The Hall of Fame has released their new Today's Game Era ballot which will be voted on in December. The ballot contains five players, three executives, and two managers who made their biggest impact from 1988 on.

It will be voted on by a 16-member committee (to be decided on by the Hall of Fame) at the Winter Meetings. The ballotee must gain 75% of the vote to be elected to the Hall of Fame.

PLAYERS:
Harold Baines
Albert Belle
Will Clark
Orel Hershisher
Mark McGwire

EXECUTIVES:
John Schuerholz
H. Allan "Bud" Selig
George Steinbrenner

MANAGERS:
Davey Johnson
Lou Piniella

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hmm. Now I'm interested, but I'm not all that sold on Newcomb due to his command issues.
I think that's the most I'd be willing to offer at this time.

Well, unless you'd be tempted by a third piece like Braxton Davidson.

Malo

Banned
I think that's the most I'd be willing to offer at this time.

Well, unless you'd be tempted by a third piece like Braxton Davidson.
Last year I offered you Sanchez for Sims and you declined. Don't cygnus'd yourself again, friend.

Tony La Russa is staying in the Diamondbacks organization but he will no longer be the head of baseball operations. He's probably going get moved to a lower special advisor role or something.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal‏ @Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Choice of Snitker not automatic for #Braves. Bud Black has legitimate shot.

BFIB

I don't think the Cards need a major overhaul. Move Wacha to the pen, let Weaver/Reyes battle for the 5th spot, and Lynn will be back, so that'll help the innings.

As for position players, I'm thinking Peralta/Adams will be on the trade block. Put Gyoroko at 3B, Carp at 1B, Wong at 2B, Diaz at SS. I'm thinking Grichuk moves to OF, Piscotty in RF, and new CF via trade.

Or Grichuk in CF, Cespedes in LF.

Washington interviewed for the Braves job, but he seems like a long shot.

Everyone says it's down to Snitker vs. Bud Black. I'd be fine with either one, although I would personally keep Snitker since all the players seemed to have attached to him very well. Black could probably run a better pitching staff though.

Not a lot of people are talking about this, but I'm pretty sure Roger McDowell is up for renewal too. He's been the Braves pitching coach since 2006 and seems to have done really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom