• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores (Issue 221)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Phthisis said:
Not just an excellent game, but the BEST game on the N64. Ogre Battle 64 is absolutely brilliant and helped those of us without a PSX and FFT through the jealousy.

It was one of my favorite N64 games as well. When I first beat it, I was brand new to the series, and I thought it would be a good idea to run into siege situations sword first and take over every stronghold I saw. Of course I got the
sinister
ending where they say
your legend was forgotten by the people over time
or some such. I would have liked to play through it again to get a different ending, but I let a friend borrow the game years ago and never got it back.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't usually bump threads like this, but I got this issue and there is a Dracula X Chronicles ad that says:

"At long last the Beaumont family's quest to destroy Dracula..."

Beaumont?

Did I miss something or is this another LOL konami? BTW the ad's font looks like something I did in paint.

Pellham

Banned
ethelred said:
I don't want to get all hyperbolic and say that Matsuno making a new SRPG is the best news ever, but, well... it is.

For me, its the second best news ever (Shozo Kaga's next game would be first best news), but I find it kind of sad that this will likely be Matsuno's third attempt at a long term SRPG series, having been unable to finish his previous two (Ogre and Ivalice). Then again it could be a one-shot...

I don't know what his deal was at Square-Enix, but hopefully he can either lower his ambitions a bit or oversee the completion of this series.

While this is very cool and I would buy it in a heart beat I wish it was more like Ogre Battle than Tactics. There are tons SPRGs these days and while none of them are as good as TO/FFT there aren't any games like the original or OB64.

Somehow I doubt Matsuno is going to make another Ogre Battle-style game, especially considering the two Ogre Battle titles (Gaiden and 64) after the original weren't even touched by Matsuno. If anything he will come up with something original but still strategic in nature. He got a lot of flack for FFT being too similar to TO and his two games after FFT were pretty original (VS, FF12). Plus, if it takes advantage of the wiimote, that's another strike against it being an FFT clone.

ethelred

Pellham said:
For me, its the second best news ever (Shozo Kaga's next game would be first best news), but I find it kind of sad that this will likely be Matsuno's third attempt at a long term SRPG series, having been unable to finish his previous two (Ogre and Ivalice). Then again it could be a one-shot...

That's still not as sad as the situation wth Tetsuya Takahashi who, now that he's with Nintendo, may take his third shot with a third company at finishing the same damned series.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Y2Kev said:
I don't usually bump threads like this, but I got this issue and there is a Dracula X Chronicles ad that says:

Beaumont?

Did I miss something or is this another LOL konami? BTW the ad's font looks like something I did in paint.
i noticed that too, doesnt surprise tho. they called Richter in POR Richiter...

oh konami

Y2Kev said:

Beaumont?

Is anyone else reminded of "Bimmy" and Jimmy? :lol

Top Bottom