• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Im bored: Can you help me choose a new game to play?

Im sorry for making a thread I just need help finding a game to play.

Xbox One S.

So I have been playing destiny for 3 years, and I just stopped 2 weeks ago. I need something to fill the void, but I don't know what to play. I was thinking of Witcher 3, but if anyone has suggestions I am open.

Some of my favorite games have been:

Destiny
Halo
COD (not the last 3 versions)
MGS all of them except V
Forza and Horizons
GTA and RDR

Im just looking for something to consume my time, and is a lot of fun.

Thank you.

jennetics

Gears of War (BC and 4) games are dumb stupid fun, especially with friends.

Rare Replay is a good compilation of classic and (somewhat) current games. Some of them have aged well and are still fun to play.

And then there's Witcher 3. That'll keep you busy for weeks on end.

Staf

Im sorry for making a thread I just need help finding a game to play.

Xbox One S.

So I have been playing destiny for 3 years, and I just stopped 2 weeks ago. I need something to fill the void, but I don't know what to play. I was thinking of Witcher 3, but if anyone has suggestions I am open.

Some of my favorite games have been:

Destiny
Halo
COD (not the last 3 versions)
MGS all of them except V
Forza and Horizons
GTA and RDR

Im just looking for something to consume my time, and is a lot of fun.

Thank you.

giphy.gif

BizzyBum

Have you played it? Ive watched streams for hours, and I am always on the fence about staring this journey, the inventory system and ability branching seem daunting and scares me.

It's my personal GOAT.

It might be intimidating at the start but stick with it.

Gears of War (BC and 4) games are dumb stupid fun, especially with friends.

Rare Replay is a good compilation of classic and (somewhat) current games. Some of them have aged well and are still fun to play.

And then there's Witcher 3. That'll keep you busy for weeks on end.

I didn't play gears 4 was it good? I have a 4k HDR TV I was thinking of getting it for the fun and eye candy.

Ive been so wrapped up in Destiny it feels like I missed so much.

Blues1990

DOOM 2016
This would be my pick. High octane action, an assortment of customizable weaponry, and enough blood & gore to qualify it as a slasher flick.

Alternatively, Sunset Overdrive is an often overlooked XBO game. Seriously, go and play it, as it oozes with fun.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
I would suggest taking a break from games for awhile... until your "hunger" for an awesome game is just too much... then take a deep dive into The Witcher 3 :)

gamz

I didn't play gears 4 was it good? I have a 4k HDR TV I was thinking of getting it for the fun and eye candy.

Ive been so wrapped up in Destiny it feels like I missed so much.

I'm plowing through it now and it's a ton of fun. I got it for 26 bucks from cdkeys.

edit: INSIDE or LIttle Nightmares if you want something short and deep.

Paasei

I would suggest taking a break from games for awhile...

This. When you can't get yourself to play games, there's no rush. I have that too every once in a while. Then that one day arrives when I'm craving to play a game and at that point I simply know what it's going to be.

BizzyBum

I think you've got a winner here. I'm not a high fantasy kind of guy, but The Witcher 3 was a lot of fun. I've actually been considering jumping into the expansions or whatever soon, which I very, very rarely do.

Bruh, you beat it and haven't played Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine yet?

I envy you. Drop everything and start up HoS immediately.

Don't play Rocket League unless you only want to play only Rocket League for a very long time.

Play Rocket League

Then after a few year you can do stuff like this.

Here.

I think you should try XCOM 2 and Cities Skylines. Both are unusual, but a very nice break of pace from the regular games you play.

Nier Automata
Hitman
Sleeping Dogs
South Park: The Stick of Truth

TheJoRu

Overwatch and The Witcher 3. Two very different games; one single-player, one multi-player, but both seem to fit your interests very well.

BizzyBum

Also Zelda: Breath of the Wild if you have a Wii U or Switch.

It's so good I would buy a Switch just for that game.

Top Bottom