• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some PS Vita games up on US PSN, 10% discount confirmed

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yup.

Uncharted (3.2 GB) $45 ($50 MSRP)
Hot Shots (1.15 GB) $36 ($40 MSRP)
WipEout 2048 (1.6GB) $36 ($40 MSRP)
Super Stardust Delta (208 MB) $10 - PSN title
Modnation Racers Road trip (1.5 GB) $27 ($30 MSRP)

via search

US Vita games are playable on JP Vitas (using US PSN accounts on both devices??) by copying from PS3 (thanks Purexed)

hRyjg.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll be sticking with physical copies, but I'm glad the option is there for those who want to take advantage of it.

Sony doesn't understand digital pricing, this is abundantly clear. I predict after the Vita launch bombs they will cut this bullshit but it will be too late.

Sony doesn't understand digital pricing, this is abundantly clear. I predict after the Vita launch bombs they will cut this bullshit but it will be too late.

I get that they might be a little higher than expected, but don't start expecting iOS level pricing either.

Sony still fucking their digital consumers over (like me).

And they wonder why growth of digital purchases hasn't grown like they've wanted? They are incredibly stingy on the prices for games that don't require any physical media, shipping, packaging, etc. That amounts to more than a 10% discount..

really disappointing.

And as much as I want to grab Uncharted, if it's $50 I'm going to pass until the price drops because not having a discount on a game that's already insanely high priced is frankly bullshit. I grabbed Uncharted 3 on Amazon for around $50, and many deals just a few weeks later saw the game retail at around $30. And that was a Naughty Dog produced Uncharted game with full fledged multiplayer and all.

Is this a temporary discount or will most games be discounted like this? I was honestly expecting them to be the same price as their retail version.

elty

10% is way too low, considered I am giving up

- the ability to sell the game once I finished it
- the ability to lend it to a friend
- the physical game itself

Not to mention there is probably less sales, no clearance compared to many retailers competing for business. It needs to be at least 30 % discount.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Some of you really had unrealistic expectations, Sony would pretty much burn all their bridges with software retailers if they would charge even less for titles on PSN - especially at launch they have to depend on retailer support. Offering software titles for less = loosing Retailer support aka the system would really be DOA.

Purexed

Banned
I don't care. I've been waiting for the US games to launch so I can play something on my import Vita.

Downloading Hot Shots now. Yes... I'm the problem blah blah blah!!!

And they wonder why growth of digital purchases hasn't grown like they've wanted? They are incredibly stingy on the prices for games that don't require any physical media, shipping, packaging, etc. That amounts to more than a 10% discount..

really disappointing.

And as much as I want to grab Uncharted, if it's $50 I'm going to pass until the price drops because not having a discount on a game that's already insanely high priced is frankly bullshit. I grabbed Uncharted 3 on Amazon for around $50, and many deals just a few weeks later saw the game retail at around $30. And that was a Naughty Dog produced Uncharted game with full fledged multiplayer and all.

Physical Media, packaging and shipping actually make up a small part of the cost of a game. It's mostly made up of r & d, production and marketing. Media, packaging and shipping probably only cost $5 per game.

Some of you really had unrealistic expectations, Sony would pretty much burn all their bridges with software retailers if they would charge even less for titles on PSN - especially at launch they have to depend on retailer support. Offering software titles for less = loosing Retailer support aka the system would really be DOA.

Yeah. I believe the way the system is set up makes it impossible for them to sell their games at a lower price than they sell the games to stores like Wal-Mart for.

Peterthumpa

Not to mention there is probably less sales, no clearance compared to many retailers competing for business. It needs to be at least 30 % discount.

You're forgetting some big advantages too:

- having access to a launch game hour 1
- avoiding leaving home to buy something

Maybe Sony needs to grab some balls and realize that iOS is doing just fine without selling content at a physical retailer....and they do this through very competitive and reasonable pricing.

Sony still thinks this is 1996.

Carl

HAHA good one. Retailers would say "fuck you" and refuse to carry hardware/software

Mrbob

Retail is already cheaper. You lose, Sony.

You're forgetting some big advantages too:

- having access to a launch game hour 1
- avoiding leaving home to buy something

I don't know if point one is an advantage with Grace Chen working her magic. :p

Eusis

It's not entirely their fault, retailers like GameStop want to avoid their business being undercut by DD so they end up pressuring the companies into keeping DD just as high. We're probably lucky as it is that we have a $4 discount on the $40 games.

... Of course, constantly cheapening retail packaging DOES NOT make me want to get physical versions over DD. Stuff like HSG and Wipeout are more appealing physically simply because of the price difference, if they had been the same digitally they'd be the versions I'd go for if I got the games since not only are they games that'd be good to keep on the system, but what's the point of a physical version if it's literally just the game in a case and an online code?

10% sucks. 10% is also 10% more than PS3 retail games and PSP retail games on the store got. It's also 10% more than retail games on XBL-GoD gets.

Physical Media, packaging and shipping actually make up a small part of the cost of a game. It's mostly made up of r & d, production and marketing. Media, packaging and shipping probably only cost $5 per game.

I'd say it's probably closer to $10, especially with cartridges this time, but I don't know for sure.

A $10 discount on $40 game is 25% off. That sounds reasonable to me.

The expectation is that Sony should be a little more savvy about how to properly price games on their digital store, especially after they let the PSP Go die for this very reason. This kind of pricing mirrors the awful job they did with PSP games on PSN, where they're selling you one game bundled with another for $15, but charging much more for just one of those games on their own.

They simply don't seem to have any oversight on their pricing and they're not interested in pushing third parties to do the same. When publishers like Namco are selling games from 3 years ago for $40 on PSN, we get weary of seeing a repeat about that kind of carelessness with these Vita prices.

kassatsu

Banned
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational ($35.99)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip ($26.99)
Super Stardust Delta ($9.99)
Uncharted Golden Abyss ($49.99)
WipEout 2048 ($35.99)

All I could find

Carl

Maybe Sony needs to grab some balls and realize that iOS is doing just fine without selling content at a physical retailer....and they do this through very competitive and reasonable pricing.

Sony still thinks this is 1996.

Uhh Apple doesn't rely on the same retailers to sell the hardware.

I'd say it's probably closer to $10, especially with cartridges this time, but I don't know for sure.

A $10 discount on $40 game is 25% off. That sounds reasonable to me.

The most expensive component will be the cartridge but they are getting huge discounts on shipping and printing in mass. I'm convinced it's no more than $5 per unit.

Some game journalist needs to get on this.

Misterhbk

I don't care. I've been waiting for the US games to launch so I can play something on my import Vita.

Downloading Hot Shots now. Yes... I'm the problem blah blah blah!!!

can you actually transfer them over to the Vita right now though? If so shouldn't we be able to transfer PSP games over as well? Up until now my Vita has failed to recognize any US PSP games on my PS3.

Top Bottom