• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Review Thread

NotLiquid

Expecting 92 when all is said and done. Mostly a lot of 9s and several decimals above but I expect a few 8s to pull it down. Not bad at all.

Dayum!!!

C8GQ2jWXUAAA2fy.jpg:large

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Looking really good. I got burned out big time after beating 3:FES and 4 almost back-to-back. I might pick this up down the line.

MTC100

Banned
Can't see this being below a 95.

It's over, the dream has died my friend, let's mourn together!

I guess it will stay above 90 at least...

Two from me:

VG247 - we don't do scores, but... "Persona 5 is the best Japanese RPG in over a decade" - http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/29/persona-5-is-the-best-japanese-rpg-in-over-a-decade/

And I wrote half the RPG Site review, a glowing 10/10: http://www.rpgsite.net/review/5460-persona-5-review

This game is amazing.

You sir, deserve a medal!

KodaRuss

What a time to believe alive. Japan is killing it.

My wife recently said to me- "I have never seen you play so many Japanese games like ever..."

I was like "I know... it has been a while" /cry

Nesther

I can't believe we're finally there. What a ride it's been.

My copy even shipped today, so I'll be getting and playing it by tomorrow. Unbelievable.

The Jimquisition review is weird because Laura spends 2 paragraphs being annoyed its not on the Vita.

Honestly, I only have one major gripe with Persona 5, and it's a gripe that I'm not sure is unfair or not. A big part of my ability to invest as much time as I did into Persona 4 Golden was due to it being playable on the Vita, a portable system, and Persona 5 being locked to home consoles (PS3 and PS4) does somewhat hamper my ability to integrate it into my life. While I usually want to be playing the game's big sprawling dungeons on a TV, the slow intricate social life management sections of Persona are honestly perfect fodder for playing on the sofa while watching TV or on a quick bus ride to pass the time.

As someone who has spent a lot of time with the Switch recently, and who loved the hell out of the Vita during that year or two it was getting regular games released on it, I really did find myself at times wishing this game had some kind of portable version. It just felt like the social life aspects of the game might have been more at home when I experienced them on the Vita in P4G.

mollipen

"Goes about 10 hours longer than necessary" is something I totally disagree with. My end time was 105:29, and I felt like the game ended too soon in terms of what was done and what wasn't.

Tubie

A turn based JRPG getting 90s and 10s from US publications.

2017 continues its insane streak.

I predict it settles at 90-91.

Anung

Un Rama
Gonna be getting this for my birthday next week. Going to be my first time playing a Persona game. Really looking forward to to it :D

Top Bottom