• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

Forsete

Grabbed some images from the Yahoo-video.

un15.jpg

Notice, Ottsel. ;)

un7.jpg

un10-1.jpg

un4.jpg

un3.jpg

un23.jpg

un20.jpg

Hawt
un22.jpg

un24.jpg

Edit: Fook.. I forgot Photobucket resizes images. :(

Dizzan

MINI Member
Mustaphadamus said:
I just watched the HD version of Uncharted and what a difference. This game makes me a firm believer now. I can't wait to see 8 days now!

Oh Snap. Eight days

Forsete said:
Grabbed some images from the Yahoo-video.

Edit: Fook.. I forgot Photobucket resizes images. :(

They look better anyway. It got rid of teh jaggies

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Dizzan said:
The best part of Uncharted?

Is it the gorgeous animations?

The beautiful textures?

The lack of HUD?

The scope and story?

NO

It's the fact that there are no bald ****ing space marines

Realism is what I like devs. Thank you Naughty Dog. This has been my most wanted game since it was first shown and will remain so until it's released(along with Pro evo PS3)

Game of the Year

Dizzan said:
It's the fact that there are no bald ****ing space marines

Dizzan said:
There are no bald ****ing space marines

Dizzan said:
No ****ing space marines

Amen to that.

Yoboman

mabuza said:
so it looks like after uncharted has shipped, naughty dog will be working on a next generation jak and daxter. cant wait. we might we even be playing it in 2008 :D
I kinda doubt it, considering they said they want to work on realistic games now

mr_nothin

Banned
wmplayer200704180739374ss4.jpg

I dont give a damn what anyone says anymore.
8 DAYS IS REAL TIME.
The animation might even be that good.

Are they using insomniac's engine?
Hopefully so!

Busty

Banned
Yoboman said:
I kinda doubt it, considering they said they want to work on realistic games now

Really? Oh wait..... RLY? I'm surprised by that, was that something that came out at the Gamer's Day?

That means that all the talk of the next Jak and Daxter game being done by an outside studio ( High Impact maybe?) rather than Naughty Dog themselves might just be true after all.

I just hope by 'realistic' they don't realistic, I'd still like to see Naughty Dog perhaps do a sci-fi action/adventure game (minus the bald space marines, obivously) at some point.

Yoboman

Busty said:
Really? Oh wait..... RLY? I'm surprised by that, was that something that came out at the Gamer's Day?

That means that all the talk of the next Jak and Daxter game being done by an outside studio ( High Impact maybe?) rather than Naughty Dog themselves might just be true after all.

I just hope by 'realistic' they don't realistic, I'd still like to see Naughty Dog perhaps do a sci-fi action/adventure game (minus the bald space marines, obivously) at some point.
I'm sure they meant realistic like Uncharted

But I'd love to see them take the Insomniac route and alternate on the off years between their realistic and cartoonistic franchises :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
Busty said:

There's enough sci-fi stuff out there. I like the direction they're taking. A LOT

I take it the eight days episodic stuff was a complete fabrication?

I cant see this happening considering the production values the game is likely to have...if it looks anything like the trailer it would be a massive download

peace

Dizzan

MINI Member
nelsonroyale said:
I take it the eight days episodic stuff was a complete fabrication?

I cant see this happening considering the production values the game is likely to have...if it looks anything like the trailer it would be a massive download

peace

Yeah No way.

Especially considering the Uncharted demo at Gamers Day wouldn't even fit on a dvd

Forsete

mr_nothin said:
They give me the same vibe.

Mmm.. I wonder if 8 Days is easer to render since it takes place in the desert.. Large open enviroments, but no jungle vegetation to worry about? ;)

Really sceptical about eight days using anything more than assets...the style was very cg like (though poor quality cg if it was).

Although the getaway looked as good, and that seemed real time (heh, whether the final game looks like that though....)

peace

Busty

Banned
Yoboman said:
I'm sure they meant realistic like Uncharted

But I'd love to see them take the Insomniac route and alternate on the off years between their realistic and cartoonistic franchises :D

Yeah, I think the one thing I'd like from Naughty Dog this gen is for them to be more prolific. Having them mirror Insomniac with a game of alternating genre every other year would be great.

Seeing as it takes so long to make AAA games of Uncharted's size it would be shame to only have Naughty Dog exploit their talent and tech every once in a while this gen.

Dizzan said:
There's enough sci-fi stuff out there. I like the direction they're taking. A LOT

True. But the beauty of sci-fi as a genre is that it's very flexible. Imagine something more along the lines of 2001 than Aliens.

All so much hot air, but I think a studio like Naughty Dog could do something fresh and interesting.... just a thought. But like you said, it's probably something they'll stay away from.

mr_nothin

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
Really sceptical about eight days using anything more than assets...the style was very cg like (though poor quality cg if it was).

Although the getaway looked as good, and that seemed real time (heh, whether the final game looks like that though....)

peace
Yea I know, but I really think it'll look REALLY close to what they've shown.
If not just like that.

antiloop

OMG. I just saw that direct feed HS trailer att Gametrailers.

Looks so damn awesome, they need to fix that framerate though. But graphics and sound and art are top notch.

mr_nothin said:
If not just like that.

Yeah, its not thst I think the 8 days trailer looks better...it just looks too perfect...could be something like was done with HS...but I think not. I imagine it will look great though...and yeah I do see some similarity...Its difficult to know what to think though, since a demo of the car being shot up was shown in real time, and it looked exactly like in the vid...it annoys me how sony showed really impressive tech demos of some games like the getaway then show nothing about the game...well, maybe we will see stuff at E3. Anyway, I suppose they showed the R & C tech demo, and it turned out to be ingame and representational

peace

Aisenherz

Banned
Forsete said:
Mmm.. I wonder if 8 Days is easer to render since it takes place in the desert.. Large open enviroments, but no jungle vegetation to worry about? ;)
Well, wait and see. :)
Damn, have not slept for 3 days ;-/
Hey, there were no leaks. Give some respect :D

Busty

Banned
mr_nothin said:
If not just like that.

I think we'll start to see more of this sort of thing, but not in a Unreal3, everything kind of looks the same vide, due to the ICE framework.

With all these Sony studios sharing tech and skill sets they will start to cross pollunate each other's games in small ways.

Though Sony London are developing Eight Days, likely using their own in house engine, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Naughty Dog helped them in some way using the techniques they developed on Uncharted.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Eight Days has proven itself many times, they showed tech demos at GDC 06 where there car damage from the eight days trailer was shown all in real time. Drakes fortune has so much going on and you can tell it's still a little rough around the edges, so it will look better in the long run. Same goes for lair, with everything going on there's still perfect framerates, unbelieveably detailed in almost every area- water, cities, dragons, moutains. I've always been a firm believer of 8 days, just never had faith in killzone. (still don't)

Yixian

Banned
un7.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble but this image is overflowing with logical fallacies.

Case in point: these ruins were supposedly installed during Spanish colonisation of the island, meaning they are at least 400 year old.

Now take a look at this environments vegetation -

uncharteddrakesfortune2ei2.jpg

In temperate deciduous forests a thick bark helps to limit moisture evaporation from the tree's trunk, but as you can see, the trees here have a thin and smooth bark surface, implying that the humidity of the surrounding air must be quite significant in order to reduce the need for overt moisture-retaining adaptations.

This tree bark has clearly evolved in a continuously humid atmosphere, the only places on earth having such a climate being the tropics, between the Tropic of Cancer at approximately 23°30' (23.5°) N latitude, and the Tropic of Capricorn in the southern hemisphere at 23°30' (23.5°) S latitude.

Putting the island within this area -

800px-World_map_torrid.svg.png

The only part of this region that fits the bill as being susceptable to Spanish colonisation is therefore one of the outlying islands along the coast of northern South America or Central America and perhaps the Carribean.

As this TRaP satellite data shows, every year, very high quantities of rain are present across the entire landmass of this area -

SSMI24B.GIF

Right then, take a look at that first pic at the beginning of the post. Toward the bottom of the screen you will see a metallic grill. The only metal economically feasible and available to Spanish technology at the time would have been iron, therefore we can safely assume that that metal is indeed, Fe.

Rust is the oxide that is formed by open-air oxidation of iron. The chemical composition of rust is mainly iron(III) oxide (Fe2O3), and under wet conditions may include iron(III) oxide-hydroxide (FeO(OH)).

Also, consider that this island must be relatively small to fit narrative purposes, and therefore, regardless of the location of this iron on the island, significant wind-carried water particles from the surrounding ocean, SALT WATER PARTICLES, will periodically come into contact with the surface of the iron.

Salt water speeds up the rusting process, and combined with 400 years of intense rainfall, one can assume that perhaps 3 or 4cm of iron by this time will have been oxidised to the structurally weak iron(III) oxide and even iron(III) oxide-hydroxide.

fe_edge.gif

Such heavily oxidsed iron would be so fragile and flakey, it would have literally been blown or eroded away by now. Only small stubs would be left of any such structure installed by Spanish colonialists.

Therefore we can surmise one thing, either Naughty Dog has completely dropped the ball on this, shattering the 4th wall, or someone else has been building on the island since the Spanish - approximately within the last 50 years...

WTF?!?!

Forsete

Aisenherz said:
Well, wait and see. :)
Damn, have not slept for 3 days ;-/
Hey, there were no leaks. Give some respect :D

Haha, yeah Sony ninjas officially own all. :D

Cant wait to see 8 Days. E3? :D ;:D :D
Hey, were is Getaway? Not canned I hope? :/

Yoboman

un7.jpg

This image is like a Where's Wally photo :lol

Great screens though. The lighting is still incredibly natural which is why I find it weird that Naughty Dog are putting out crappy, over-exposed images like this:

932984_20070516_screen005.jpg

Endless

(re-post)

Sony Gamer's Day -> PS3™ Third Party Software

Devil May Cry 4

Stranglehold

TimeShift

Dark Sector

Conan

GRAW 2

Transformer The Game

Dizzan

MINI Member
Endless said:
(re-post)

Sony Gamer's Day -> PS3™ Third Party Software

Wow. Such a noticeable difference in quality between third and first party stuff.

Help your third parties out Sony

Forsete

Yoboman said:
Great screens though. The lighting is still incredibly natural which is why I find it weird that Naughty Dog are putting out crappy, over-exposed images like this:

SCEE released the same screens but in much better quality.

Top Bottom