• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BarFights | Fighting game event (SSFIV AE, UMvC3) | December 11

USD

Mike Ross vs FC Jago - Barfights SNEAK PEEK

STREAM

Stream provided by Team Sp00ky:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

The Box Arena will be streaming Street Fighter X Tekken casuals:

http://www.twitch.tv/theboxarena

INFO

Facebook event page

From the compLexity website:
BarFights is a spectator friendly event being held at 5 PM PST, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at Hunter Street Studios in Los Angeles, California. The Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom showmatches will be feature some of the best talent in the fighting game community including stars from New York, Los Angeles and San Diego. Players include: Mike Ross, Combofiend, Marn, Jago, Viscant, Clockw0rk, SHGLBMX, fLoE and Steinmania.

Creative Sound Blaster representatives will be on site showing off their entire range of cross-platform gaming headsets and USB sound devices including Tactic360 wired headsets for Xbox360, Recon3D quad-core USB 3D surround audio processor, and the worlds only hardware accelerated wireless headset, the Recon3D Omega. Further upping the ante, any spectator who can beat a compLexity.CrossCounter member in a best-of-3 will win $200 in cash.

Additionally, there will be a sneak peak of the upcoming title Street Fighter x Tekken. Those unable to attend can join the action via the free live stream.

The fundamental concept behind BarFights is to deliver a series of prearranged marquee matches, as opposed to a traditional tournament, taking viewers straight to the high-level matches they want to see.

SPONSORS
Creative Sound Blaster
compLexity
Beyond Gaming
eightarc
Activate
Petersburg Vodka
TwitchTV

MATCHES AND EVENTS

All matches are first-to-5.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
SHGLBMX vs. Steinmania

SHGLBMX and Steinmania are the two winners of the Rise of the Web Warrior Tournament, earning themselves a free trip to the event and a chance at a $500 bonus from Beyond Gaming.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Noel Brown vs. Dios X
Fanatiq vs. Clockw0rk
Viscant vs. fLoE
Filipino Champ vs. Justin Wong
Combofiend vs. MaRN
Mike Ross vs. Jago

Sound Blaster Beat a Pro Challenge
Registered spectators may challenge coL.CC's Combofiend, Filipino Champ, or Mike Ross to a best-of-3 match in either UMvC3 or SSFIV AE for a chance to win $200 and other prizes.

Street Fighter X Tekken Sneak Peek

SCHEDULE

All times are PST (GMT-8)

5PM - Doors open

6PM - Event start
Match order:
SHGLBMX vs. Steinmania
Noel Brown vs. Dios X
Fanatiq vs. Clockw0rk
Viscant vs. fLoE
Filipino Champ vs. Justin Wong
Combofiend vs. MaRN
Mike Ross vs. Jago

10:30PM - Event end

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's like a WWE ppv!

If I was there I'd totally challenge Mike Ross, it sounds fun
and I'd show him how to actually use Thor.

USD

I really haven't heard much details on the actual event, so I have no idea on the match order or whether these matches or FT5, FT10, etc. I'll update as soon as I know though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I was born with a severe lack of Time zone maths on my brian so i would like to know : How much til the stream starts?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait so, because it's being streamed by Sp00ky, will this be archived or will it not be and sold as a DVD? I'm salty cause I'm for sure gonna miss the bulk of it.

Dahbomb

My picks for winners (bold = winners):

Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

Let's see how much I get blown up for this. :D

After his hilarious wins for both UMVC3 and AE at last WNF I'm rooting for Ross! Wish it were Wong vs Viscant and DiosX vs Clockwork though.

Azure J

My picks for winners (bold = winners):

Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

Let's see how much I get blown up for this. :D

If Combofiend takes it over Marn again, this match up is cursed for Marn. :lol

Not that I disagree though, Combo's a synergy maniac whereas Marn plays his teams like 3 individual characters, with Zero being his strongest. It might be valid, but when Combo's coming at you with Inception levels of approaches and resets within approaches and resets, you damn well better have some good ways out.

Dahbomb

Marn is going to lose because he has a garbage Vergil anchor. Unless he changes him for a character he actually knows how to play. Combofiend can OCV with every character on his team. I don't think this is going to be a major blow out because Marn has Zero... the best character in the game.

Jago should easily win over Mike Ross. Mike Ross was even getting bodied by Floe who was picking team Sinergy for him to practice against. His Hulk is mediocre but his Storm is improved from before same for Sentinel. If he learns to crossover counter the unblockable set up with Hulk he can blow up Jago for it pretty bad. If this isn't a complete blow out I would say that Mike Ross did well for himself.

The rest of the matches are toss ups, I went with the ones who have the most chances of winning IMO. Like DiosX should win over Noel Brown but Noel can easily happy birthday a bad assist call with his characters for the win.

mr. puppy

Banned
Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

lets do it

Marn is going to lose because he has a garbage Vergil anchor. Unless he changes him for a character he actually knows how to play. Combofiend can OCV with every character on his team. I don't think this is going to be a major blow out because Marn has Zero... the best character in the game.

It has nothing to do with any of that. Marn is going to lose b/c Combofiend is a far better player, its that simple.

Nyoro SF

Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

My guesses.

And my guess luck is extremely bad so if you want to win I recommend voting opposite.

ilMikhail

Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

Ultra David and Gems Chen will be there ?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

Mike Ross vs Jago
Combofiend vs Marn
FChamp vs Justin
Viscant vs Floe
DiosX vs Noel Brown
Fanatiq vs Clockw0rk

Given how well Mike played at the last WNF I think Jago is going to get scraped.

Dahbomb

It has nothing to do with any of that. Marn is going to lose b/c Combofiend is a far better player, its that simple.
True but it's still a factor. You greatly lower your chances of victory in UMVC3 if you don't know how to play with one of your characters. It's why Marn got blown up by the original Bionic Arm, he didn't really know how to play with Sentinel and Combofiend even at that time knew how to play with all 3 characters. The match up right now is the same as that... Combofiend is proficient with all 3 characters and Marn is sort of proficient with 2 definitely garbage with his 3rd.

Unless he leveled up like crazy from the last time I saw him which I doubt.

Dahbomb

If Mike Ross beats Jago it would be the ultimate orgy of salt, exposition, tears, joy, BELIEVE and megaton blow up in the history of MVC3. Mike Ross can play like shit for the rest of his years but he won when it mattered the most and he blew someone up in the process.

The build for this match especially by Jago has been hilariously over the top.

I still don't think Jago will lose this simply he has way more riding on this. At NEC he was looking extremely solid against RDK.. another legendary match up in the making which Jago took convincingly.

Top Bottom