• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's really just Jojo and OPM.
Pretty much. I expect the main two fights to be Saitama vs. Boros & Jonathan vs. Dio (either the 1st or 2nd time).

The final fight where Mugen & Jin teamed up was rather cool, but I can't see it winning.

speaking of awards, the Toonami Show Rundown is gonna record the TOMmy Awards tomorrow.

we added a really dumb category and I think our nomination list got longer somehow and it's gonna be....something.

This isn't Yo-kai Watch where they replace a good opening with a really awful one and NEVER FUCKING CHANGE IT WHAT THE FUCK LEVEL-5?!

Sorry sorry...

Hey the dub of the actual anime op is pretty great

The song in the video games is horrible though

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey the dub of the actual anime op is pretty great

The song in the video games is horrible though

Yeah I'm talking about the dub of the original OP as the good one.
The awful one is the song from the game that they now use for the anime and somehow has a fucking fanbase.

u ain't a true toonamigaf member unless you sit through sao

....both seasons

That still was the most fun I had hate-watching a series, holy hell did it invoke the anger out of people, S1 E24 is still the most hilarious episode to read the reactions to
But I hate myself enough...

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't wait

BatDan

Spoilers! The movie ends with Kirito getting hit by a car because he had Google Glass on.

No no, something different.
"So this is the so called Black Swordsman, what a joke."
"No, I will defeat you, with the help of my fri-"
Then Kirito gets run over by
an ambulance

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There will be a scene where Kirito somehow gets a X-ray vision app & will be used to see the underwear of Asuna or *insert harem member here*.

BatDan

333.gif

Is this the fucking show where one of the main female leads was raped or some shit?

Essentially.
That was the penultimate episode of the first season.
Before that she got handled by tentacles.
She's supposed to be strong!

Reki Kawahara can't write for shit!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also, her shirt had HP & the villain "defeated" it

& then the serial killer responsible for trapping all the players & causing people to die was all "I'm actually a good guy now, AM I REDEEMED FOR MY ACTIONS?!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member

& then the serial killer responsible for trapping all the players & causing people to die was all "I'm actually a good guy now, AM I REDEEMED FOR MY ACTIONS?!"

wjlmcqy.gif

Hot take: Kayiba got did dirty and did nothing wrong.

BatDan

And then they try to redeem him further in the Season 2 finale.

"Huh, this was actually a kind of touching episode. Wow SAO, you actually pulled something off. I tip my-"
"By the way the person that made the VR cube was Kayaba, he did something really cool guys!"
"... YOU JUST HAAAAD TO RUIN IT!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The final arc in SAO2 was the closest to being good, along with that one "let's go find that legendary sword" arc where it was just them flat-out playing the game with no serious stakes.

BatDan

They might announce another season when the movie comes out.

Hold onto your butts.

Oh it will happen
And it will be a looooooooong trainwreck
The next arc that follows ran for 10 books.
The first arc in SAO took two books, as did the fairy arc, and the Death Gun arc.

Then again, if they have more material, the pacing might not be sluggish.

zulux21

I can't believe SAO is popular enough to sustain annual video game releases.

why not, it's a good series with a large fan base set in an rpg that allows for a cheap easish to make run of games.

it just got big enough where it's cool to hate on it and plenty of people do.

you can turn pretty much anything into the worst thing ever if you get enough people motivated to nit pick every little detail often blowing up little flaws into huge things that barely represent the original show at all :p

I'd say that SAO is a better series than jojo parts 1/2.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
why not, it's a good series with a large fan base set in an rpg that allows for a cheap easish to make run of games.

you can turn pretty much anything into the worst thing ever if you get enough people motivated to nit pick every little detail often blowing up little flaws into huge things that barely represent the original show at all :p

what-the-hell_4.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super AIDS
& that's when the final arc started going completely down hill.

...well maybe the "hey I'm gonna have a camera purched on my shoulder & it's totally another high school girl on the other end" thing was & how everyone easily accepted it.

zulux21

http://www.opengeek.net/images/ogeek/what/what-the-hell_4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

what... jojo parts 1/2 are fun enough but really the writing is not very good at all. especially part 1 which was about as original and exciting as making fun of SAO at this point :P

I also like to swim against the flow. if I like a show I like it doesn't matter how much others hate it, and if i dislike a show I dislike it doesn't matter how many others like it.

[quote="Zonic, post: 227632531"]& that's when the final arc started going completely down hill.

...well maybe the "hey I'm gonna have a camera purched on my shoulder & it's totally another high school girl on the other end" thing was & how everyone easily accepted it.[/QUOTE]

yeah because in a classroom full of people that were trapped in a game for a long period time it would be really hard for them to accept that there could be someone else remote viewing their class from somewhere else in the world *shrugs*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
what... jojo parts 1/2 are fun enough but really the writing is not very good at all. especially part 1 which was about as original and exciting as making fun of SAO at this point :p

I also like to swim against the flow. if I like a show I like it doesn't matter how much others hate it, and if i dislike a show I dislike it doesn't matter how many others like it.

There's a difference between saying you like something and saying it's well written or well done. You can say the former about SAO, but most definitely not the latter.

& that's when the final arc started going completely down hill.

...well maybe the "hey I'm gonna have a camera purched on my shoulder & it's totally another high school girl on the other end" thing was & how everyone easily accepted it.

Super AIDS is where I lost it. I literally sat there laughing for like 5 straight minutes. Like, they couldn't have given her lymphoma or something?

Mizerman

I mean, it's cool if you prefer SAO and all. I cannot cosign this, however.

Chase17

I didn't mean that post in a how could something this bad, be this popular way.

The only games based on manga/anime that come close to yearly games are Dragon Ball, Naruto, and One Piece (at least these are the ones that jump out to me). And those are pretty much the biggest. It's just very surprising/impressive to me that a light novel series gets games about the same frequency of some of the biggest properties from jump. I guess it being cheap to make has a point though/me not knowing how big of a deal the series is.

zulux21

There's a difference between saying you like something and saying it's well written or well done. You can say the former about SAO, but most definitely not the latter.

I like sword art online and in general feel it is decently well done. it has flaws sure, but the story overall is engaging and interesting which quite frankly is the most important part to any story to me.

quite frankly most things that are technically well written or are well told stories bore me to death. I'd much rather have a story with flaws that entertains me then a story that is technically flawless that bores me to death. and in general would consider the flawed story to be better written.

heck anything that gets nominated for a hollywood award I know instantly to not bother watching it if it isn't animated as it will just bore me into sleeping.

I'm mostly neutral towards SAO (when compared to the average person at least). The only games based on manga/anime that come close to yearly games are Dragon Ball, Naruto, and One Piece (at least these are the ones that jump out to me). And those are pretty much the biggest. It's just very surprising/impressive to me that a light novel series gets games about the same frequency of some of the biggest properties from jump. I guess it being cheap to make has a point though/me not knowing how big of a deal the series is.

fair enough. I imagine part of the reason is it's an rpg setting, and thus unlike the other series which are combat setting it's much easier to enter the market via a different genre than those IPs typically get games for.

Neoxon

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that, especially on you saying that it's better than Battle Tendency.

zulux21

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that, especially on you saying that it's better than Battle Tendency.

I like the second jojo better than I like kirito... but in general I found SAO more entertaining than the second part of Jojo.

keep in mind, I am not saying jojo's second part is bad (the first part is debatable lol) it greatly improved on the first part and made me interested in continuing jojo in general. but quite frankly I just really enjoyed SAO.

8af.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom