• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

pretty much lol have everything leveled and geared i like being able to switch to a job if someone needs it ^^

but if i was forced to pick one it be whm i just <3 to help people most the time.....

That is a great picture.

I focus on the magic classes. Eagerly awaiting more in the Stornblood.

Moonlight.jpg
Guys.. I saw moonlight last night. I'm gonna post my thoughts later on tonight or in the day ( gotta go vote then work..)

But .... I'll say, best I can right now because I'm still speechless... I don't think I've ever seen ANY movie that dealt with black sexuality, navigating black masculinity ( either learning where you fit in it or the toxic nature that It can come in), and trauma so well. It was handled so gently. I saw myself and the experiences of others I know In this film. But not in the overt ways and plot points, but the nuances and small touches in the film and actors.

Wow
As anyone else seen it? If you have the chance I highly recommend it

Sai-kun

Banned
@chronos put it in spoiler tags if you want, but does the movie have a 'happy' ending?

Where are the lettersgaf overwatch PC players at??
They moved to PS4

lmao why would anyone play ow on something that's not a PC.

also yall can add me if you're on PC, although I am very competitive: Sai#1301

oh and yay questionnaire thing

Your gender? Your sexual identity?
Cis male!
Your sexual orientation?
Bisexual!
Where Are You From?
Chicago!
Where Do You Live?
Chicago!
How Old Are you?
25!
Favorite Type of Music?
House, techno, trap, and all their derivatives. Anything I can dance to.
Profession or Career interest?
I'm a music producer and DJ, but my current paying job is in an arts administration position at a local art center!
Favorite video game(s)?
Halo 3, Risk of Rain, The Witness, Left 4 Dead 2, and it's not my favorite, but I'm currently obsessed with trying to hit Diamond rank on Overwatch.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
Making music, DJing, creating some digital art, taking long baths, going to new art galleries and drinking more wine than is necessary, going to concerts/festivals, yoga, and collecting records!

also here's a recent pic from halloween :> (I'm bad at halloween so I just wore the skeleton sleeves, skeleton leggings, the restraints, and said I was a submissive skeleton. My girlfriend enjoyed that more than I thought she would..)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
There should've been a law that allows us to hit the election season reset button when we find all the candidates so unappealing. Like, nice try political parties, but roll the dice again and give us some other people.

@chronos put it in spoiler tags if you want, but does the movie have a 'happy' ending?
Honestly just go see the movie if anyone has you privilege to do so. I won't be too spoiler heavy but
Oh god it kinda did yes T_T the way the movie ended was so beautiful, it felt so appropriate

the movie really takes its time to make sure you get to know the characters. When the movie could've gone in so many conventions, the film makers decided to say.. lets wait.. lets be patient, lets be gentle about this. It's been a while since I've seen a movie and felt so.. satisfied and heartbroken and happy. It's complex, but this movie needed to be and can't be sold short on that.

Im still digesting it but I'm completely wow'd by this. I hope more mainstream gets to see this

Sai-kun

Banned
Honestly just go see the movie if anyone has you privilege to do so. I won't be too spoiler heavy but
Oh god it kinda did yes T_T the way the movie ended was so beautiful, it felt so appropriate

Cool, thanks.

I can't deal with watching queer themed movies being all sad and ending in death and shit. I'm super sick of it and I refuse to watch movies like that now.

Cool, thanks.

I can't deal with watching queer themed movies being all sad and ending in death and shit. I'm super sick of it and I refuse to watch movies like that now.
That was a fear I had going into the movie but it didn't do any typical conventions like that.

the last act had some of the cutest and sincere moments I've seen in regards to any emotion or intimacy. And I'm not strictly talking about affection and attraction

Oohh another OT I can forget to participate in.

Hey gays, I've missed you.

Male
Your sexual orientation?
Gay
Where Are You From?
Scotland (no accent, don't get excited)
Where Do You Live?
London baby
How Old Are you?
28 (almost dead)
Favorite Type of Music?
Too many choices, pop, rock, metal, alternative.
I'm a DevOps engineer (IT infrastructure)
Favorite video game(s)?
Final Fantasy, Mass Effect and many other good games!
Gaming is the main one really! Just spending time with friends, gimme a good TV series to binge on. I also really like cooking and baking and wish I had energy to do more.

You bet I'm here for the selfies too. Here's me!

Kevyt

Male
Your sexual orientation?
Gay
Where Are You From?
Where Do You Live?
London baby
How Old Are you?
28 (almost dead)
Favorite Type of Music?
Favorite video game(s)?
Gaming is the main one really! Just spending time with friends, gimme a good TV series to binge on. I also really like cooking and baking and wish I had energy to do more.

I didnt know you were from Scotland! Always thought you were Londonese~

_Isaac

Guys.. I saw moonlight last night. I'm gonna post my thoughts later on tonight or in the day ( gotta go vote then work..)

But .... I'll say, best I can right now because I'm still speechless... I don't think I've ever seen ANY movie that dealt with black sexuality, navigating black masculinity ( either learning where you fit in it or the toxic nature that It can come in), and trauma so well. It was handled so gently. I saw myself and the experiences of others I know In this film. But not in the overt ways and plot points, but the nuances and small touches in the film and actors.

Wow

I saw this last week, and I agree. It's excellent. I was going to bring it up here, but I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words. You did a better job than I could.

Andrin

Male
Your sexual orientation?
Gay
Where Are You From?
Where Do You Live?
London baby
How Old Are you?
28 (almost dead)
Favorite Type of Music?
Favorite video game(s)?

*Swoons* That stubble really works for you.

Completely unrelated, but I had to explain some things to my dad a short while ago when one of a family friend's children came out as trans. Now my dad was genuinely trying to be accepting and supportive about this, but he just can't understand what being trans is like and how someone can know that their gender differs from what they were born as even from a young age. The best way I could explain it was that we all grow up learning about different colours and their names, and that you look up at the sky each day and see that it's blue. Then imagine everyone else around you constantly saying "No, it's not blue, it's red." when you know all along that that's wrong, because whenever you look up it's always as blue as it was the first time you saw it. He seemed to kinda understand where I was going, but are there any people here who could help me with a more cohesive and coherent explanation? Because I feel like it might not be the only time this topic comes up and I'd rather use the words from someone who is genuinely trans than speak for them as a group.

Kater

Banned

Wow
According to imdb it comes out in Spring 2017 here but you make a good sales pitch. I'll watch it once we show it in the cinema.

Funny, I saw that it also has a Russian title. Makes me wonder if they'll actually get to show it there. I doubt it since as far as I know the anti-gay propaganda law is still in place, no?

Salarians

I played a month of FFXIV during October; I really enjoyed it but the game is so time consuming. I pretty much couldn't play anything else. I'm going to resubscribe sometime next year, when I'm not playing as many other games. Here's my grumpy heal dad.

Kater

Banned
I hope it won't come to that. America would set a bad precedent for the western world yet again. I don't want that. I want to believe that enough reasonable people went out to vote to stop that from happening.

Top Bottom